Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341830 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Return of the Vampire
« Reply #3585 on: June 04, 2014, 09:51:11 am »

"Oh for the love of...

Symon will be fine. The vampire took a lot of blood and it's common for people to faint when they get anemic. Trust me. I'm a professional. He just needs sleep, water and food. Karl, help me put him onto my wagon. I'll keep an eye on him in case he gets spasmic. Somebody else however should drive the wagon he was driving. We need to get to the apothecary fast to get him some rare herbs to help his blood."

Looks at Nadarr

"Anything you found about the sword? It seems like a bastard sword to me, just like my own right here."
You were there when he assessed it

((Ahem. Edited the post.))
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:02:11 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: June 04, 2014, 10:05:15 am »

((Heh, not a bad find for an undead-heavy campaign like we currently have going. I'd have expected more freaking out from Symon, but Bahaumet isn't as picky as others about little things like undeath.))

Karl helps lay Symon out in the back of the wagon and covers him warmly against the early fall rain. He takes note of the still-open wounds on his neck. Whispering a prayer to the Raven Queen, he lays a hand on the wound and channels Her divine power.

Lay on Hands

"I agree, let's have Symon checked by an apothocary. Aurel was both undead and empowered by this shadow we face, there is no telling if his bite left a more insidious taint."

((Knowledge check on religion for guessing what the bite means for Symon and if there are any religious cures thst don't involve a stake to the heart.))

Karl asks one of the others to drive Symon's wagon, as his plate-armored bulk tends to make the seat creak dangerously. Along the way, he explains to Alexander what the journal recommends they do with the silver, and agrees to the use if there is a smith in town with the skill to see to it.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: June 04, 2014, 10:23:20 am »

((I should mention it's vampire lord that changes your alignment... And no, that's not gonna happen for awhile))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: June 04, 2014, 10:29:00 am »

((I'd have expected more freaking out from Symon, but Bahaumet isn't as picky as others about little things like undeath.))

((Huh. Really?))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: June 04, 2014, 10:30:33 am »

((I'd have expected more freaking out from Symon, but Bahaumet isn't as picky as others about little things like undeath.))

((Huh. Really?))
((I've seen a vampire follow Muradin, I don't think he has much of a problem when you die either))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: June 04, 2014, 10:35:12 am »

((Huh. Really?))

((Yeah. I expected a lot more freaking out. I mean, you were living and just came out into the big world and suddenly you find yourself dead. I'd freak out as part of roleplay.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: June 04, 2014, 10:40:46 am »

((Yeah. I expected a lot more freaking out. I mean, you were living and just came out into the big world and suddenly you find yourself dead. I'd freak out as part of roleplay.))

((Symon doesn't really see it that way though. Aurel was a vampire and he seemed to be living just fine until he died.

You know what I mean. Right now he doesn't really care too much about what happens to him as long as he can keep doing what's he doing.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: June 04, 2014, 10:45:40 am »

((Aurel was also a Vryloka. But anyway, yeah, I thought Symon would freak. Vampire? At least he's be frightened, or mumble a prayer to be healed, not just go...right, I'm gonna be a vampire!))

Nadarr tosses the sword to Alexander.

Just don't expect to use my silver.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: June 04, 2014, 10:47:28 am »

((Well... I'll put it down to blood loss and have a more suitable reaction later. Or something.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: June 04, 2014, 10:57:15 am »

((Makes sense. You just gave like, three simultaneous blood donations, so it's understandable that you're not entirely awake yet.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: June 04, 2014, 11:13:34 am »

((Huh. Really?))

((He's not dead... Yet))
((Heh, not a bad find for an undead-heavy campaign like we currently have going. I'd have expected more freaking out from Symon, but Bahaumet isn't as picky as others about little things like undeath.))

Karl helps lay Symon out in the back of the wagon and covers him warmly against the early fall rain. He takes note of the still-open wounds on his neck. Whispering a prayer to the Raven Queen, he lays a hand on the wound and channels Her divine power.

Lay on Hands

"I agree, let's have Symon checked by an apothocary. Aurel was both undead and empowered by this shadow we face, there is no telling if his bite left a more insidious taint."

((Knowledge check on religion for guessing what the bite means for Symon and if there are any religious cures thst don't involve a stake to the heart.))

Karl asks one of the others to drive Symon's wagon, as his plate-armored bulk tends to make the seat creak dangerously. Along the way, he explains to Alexander what the journal recommends they do with the silver, and agrees to the use if there is a smith in town with the skill to see to it.
You cast lay on hands. Despite your healing magic and Thyra's singing, the wound still fails to close. Nadarr drives the cart again and Thyra takes Aurel's old horse and ties it to her own so you don't lose it.

((Assuming again)) You return back to town. It takes a little longer this time to get back and Symon is still unconscious. You take him to the apotheracy who clearly understands just looking at him.

"He's been bitten by a vampire, hasn't he? I can cure him before he turns, but it will take some time. I want one of you to stay behind to help me, time is of the essence."

Thyra agrees almost instantly.

The rest of the party goes to the blacksmith and you ask about silvering weapons. He looks at you and says he's very busy but if you're willing to learn, he'll teach you how to do it while he does his own thing OR you can help him with his order and he'll do the silvering.

The party is given a choice: learn to silver weapons or learn to smith certain objects or forgo the entire thing and wait until his order is done (he doesn't say how long it will take or what you will be learning to smith). He says he will drop the price for each, and how much is depending on which you do.

((Yes, I am allowing minor skill trainings like this. Enchanting, Alchemy and Smithing will be amongst these. I'm going to tell you now though, this is mostly house ruling and will be limited. I am also allowing this skill training to be put into small bonuses (+2) to a skill training instead or a weapon or armor proficiency (but this last one requires a week's time to learn and requires a certain person to teach you as does the Enchanting, Alchemy and Smithing. Thyra will be learning alchemy in this case) I'm gonig to say every 4 levels you get one, but I'm going to say you get your first point a level early.

I also decided to let this point also be spent to auto-succeed any skill check IF YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO SUCCEED WITHOUT A CRIT. And from this point on, if you do something that deserves a reward of a sorts (good roleplay, good planning, etc), instead of xp, you get one of these points (or say you want the xp when I PM you get an extra point, which will vary)))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: June 04, 2014, 11:52:04 am »

((I assume each character gets one. If so, here I go!))

"My good man, I am willing to learn and help you with your order, provided you show me the ins and outs. We do need that silver lining rather quickly."

((If he actually is producing something of worth, I figured that learning to smith objects would be more useful since we can always sell that, instead of silvering weapons.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: June 04, 2014, 12:06:57 pm »

((I assume each character gets one. If so, here I go!))

"My good man, I am willing to learn and help you with your order, provided you show me the ins and outs. We do need that silver lining rather quickly."

((If he actually is producing something of worth, I figured that learning to smith objects would be more useful since we can always sell that, instead of silvering weapons.))
He hands you a small iron bar and tells you you're making nails and hammers. He said someone wants a big order on construction materials and you're going to help. He shows you quickly how to make a nail and a hammer and then leaves you to it. He starts to silver the sunblade as you do that

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: June 04, 2014, 12:29:19 pm »

Nadarr, always liking fire, is willing to help.

Who would I be better suited helping?

He asks the blacksmith.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: June 04, 2014, 12:47:22 pm »

Nadarr, always liking fire, is willing to help.

Who would I be better suited helping?

He asks the blacksmith.
He also tosses you a bar of iron for the tedious task of making nails and hammers

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 344