Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342022 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): Off Chasing Bandits
« Reply #3495 on: May 30, 2014, 01:12:39 am »

((I *think* we're trapped in the tiny 8x8 patch, though your recent experience with the shadow walls might let you pass through them.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: May 30, 2014, 01:58:29 am »

((I *think* we're trapped in the tiny 8x8 patch, though your recent experience with the shadow walls might let you pass through them.))

((I just thought I should start using combat advantage to help me. If I can't get one this turn, I have a power for next turn.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: May 30, 2014, 02:43:40 am »

((oh, the idea is good, I'm just not sure that we can move into the black areas.

Anyone have any bright ideas for getting Nadarr out of that pit before he drowns in mud?))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: May 30, 2014, 03:29:24 am »

((oh, the idea is good, I'm just not sure that we can move into the black areas.

Anyone have any bright ideas for getting Nadarr out of that pit before he drowns in mud?))

((Use his bag of holding :D))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: May 30, 2014, 03:41:46 am »

((Heh, not the worst of ideas. Use it to scoop away mud until he can breath, or stick his head inside to grab some air.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: May 30, 2014, 04:16:50 am »

((Heh, not the worst of ideas. Use it to scoop away mud until he can breath, or stick his head inside to grab some air.))

((Actually can't he just put ALL the mud in the bag? He'd be in a hole though.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: May 30, 2014, 04:48:56 am »

((It depends on how much mud is in there with him, bags of holding do have an upper limit, after all. And I think being in a hole and having to climb out is preferable to drowning in mud, right now.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: May 30, 2014, 05:20:46 am »

((It depends on how much mud is in there with him, bags of holding do have an upper limit, after all. And I think being in a hole and having to climb out is preferable to drowning in mud, right now.))

((I thought bags of holding could fit a cow if they wanted O_o.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: May 30, 2014, 06:14:00 am »

((I thought bags of holding could fit a cow if they wanted O_o.))
((If the cow is under 500lbs. Also, there is no air in bags of holding, else you can smuggle people that way. It also works in suffocating people))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: May 30, 2014, 07:10:03 am »

((I thought I read somewhere that a bag of holding has something like ten minutes of air in it, and then you start suffocating. However, if you're only ducking your head in for a few breaths instead of planning to move in...))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: May 30, 2014, 07:45:58 am »

((Dammit, the bag of holding was my idea! Idea thief!))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: May 30, 2014, 08:49:12 am »

((I thought I read somewhere that a bag of holding has something like ten minutes of air in it, and then you start suffocating. However, if you're only ducking your head in for a few breaths instead of planning to move in...))
((Either way, I'm house ruling it; I watched a guy do the "bag over someone's head, pulling the cord and taking them out silently" happen in my other campaign. It was fantastic

I'll update when I get home in ~2-3 hours))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: May 30, 2014, 12:41:55 pm »

"How is it that I always get the short end of death?"

((If weapon is NOT drawn))
Pull out swords.
Hunter's Quarry on Aurel.
Marauder's rush Aurel.

((If weapons are pulled out))
Hunter's Quarry on Aurel.
Move 2 squares forward. (Go behind him if no OA and am shadow wall immune after my bout with them.)
Jaws of the Wolf on Aurel.

"And off to a meeting with death again. How much worse than the abyss could you be?"

You draw your blades and declare him as your Quarry and then charge! (17+9) You hit, dealing (2+7+4) damage!

Karl begins his turn!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: May 30, 2014, 05:03:55 pm »

((I'm hoping I remember the Charge rules correctly...

Minor: draw the Ancestral Longsword +1
Minor: Bless Weapon
Standard: Glorious Charge on Aurel))

"You were a devoted follower of the Raven Queen! Do you not feel shame at what you have become? Your very nature is anathema to our Goddess! Remember your devotion, and let me return your soul to its rightful place!" Karl shouts, his family's blade glowing with the cold blue light of the Raven Queen's blessing.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: May 30, 2014, 09:47:29 pm »

EDIT:

((Ignore that post! Behold the wonders of Auto-recovery!))

((I'm hoping I remember the Charge rules correctly...

Minor: draw the Ancestral Longsword +1
Minor: Bless Weapon
Standard: Glorious Charge on Aurel))

"You were a devoted follower of the Raven Queen! Do you not feel shame at what you have become? Your very nature is anathema to our Goddess! Remember your devotion, and let me return your soul to its rightful place!" Karl shouts, his family's blade glowing with the cold blue light of the Raven Queen's blessing.

((Got caught up watching Vikings after I saw this post when it was posted, I apologize for the delay))

You hear whispers as you draw your blade.

I can smell the blood of a worthy foe before us. Kill him, and I shall grant you my boon

You bless your blade as the light changes from its usual hue to a steeled light blue, and the blade appears to be burning with the image of ravens flickering like fires. You charge and shout at Aurel about being a heretic to his goddess and swear that you will return him to his unending slumber! (12+9) You hit, dealing (4+3+5) damage! Aurel hisses as the flames lick his skin and a blue gash appears, soldering his flesh. He then returns to grinning as he makes a remark at you.

"I met the Queen twice... Once in the ritual that made me a Vryloka and another when Symon failed to save me. I will watch you die by my hand, so you may meet her as I have done.

Shadow Behemoth1 does its dark bellowing and then screeches like a banshee with the sound of a dragon's roar bellowing in the distance. It moves up and starts to gorge at Symon! Its claws sink deep into your flesh, dealing (6) damage and knocking you prone! It swings again! It misses you thankfully!

Cromwell teleports back to the mud pool and tries to help out Nadarr! (9+0) Unfortunately, Cromwell is no warrior and has no strength! He emptily says he is physically incapable of pulling him out. As a minor action, he does a heal check on himself to administer first aid! (18+2) He succeeds and heals (8) hp!

Nadar begins his turn! Not that he can do much! ((Full action to do anything (all 3 actions at once) and need an endurance at the end of your turn check in order to not get more debuffs for drowning, suffocation, etc.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((I'm open to any ideas you have on getting out, including your bag of holding. I also remembered something that COULD save you))
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 10:03:06 pm by highmax28 »

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 344