Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342137 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): Off Chasing Bandits
« Reply #3405 on: May 25, 2014, 10:08:45 am »

Alexander, already scared before the dragonborn threatened him, threw him the requested items.

"Take the bloody things if it'll get you moving! Now prepare to leave or it'll be both our heads!"

He panics and frantically tries to get everything ready to leave.
You toss Nadarr back his back of holding after pulling your gear out and tossing it onto the cart you're riding.

But I want to have another look around the place...

There's nothing here to harm us. Who knows what else could be stashed away?

Nadarr quickly checks out the camp again. As quickly as possible; Alexander did seem pretty scared.
You quickly rescan the tents again. (17+4) (7+4) You find another buried patch in the first tent. You dig it up quickly and find another small chest. You shove it in your bag of holding and find a bag underneath it. You shove that in as well and run for the carts.

Suddenly Alexander stops in mid-frenzy and calmly recollects himself. He gets both his swords out and shouts into the woods in a language not understood by the rest of the party. Alexander seems rather angry at this point.
You call Nadarr something nasty in the language no one but you understands. He runs back and hops on Aurel's once mount!

Weston notes Thyra's urgency and helps her load the cart as quickly as possible.

"We can sort out who gets what later! Let's get this stuff back to town where we'll be safe!"
As soon as Nadarr finds anything, or if he doesn't after the time it takes to get everything loaded, he sprints back to the cart nd help leave. Alexander is freaking him out a bit now, and he's seen too much weird stuff lately.
((Assuming the others helped her)) Thyra loads the last of the chests onto the cart with Karl, Symon and Weston's help. You all begin to head off back to town with the prisoners split into groups of four on each cart. Thyra watches the back of the first that Symon is driving with a steady look and her bow in hand while Cromwell rides his reindeer silently as he follows the rear cart that Alexander is rushing to get out with. The shadows intensify as you go down the path, and those who were familiar with the shadow creatures, grow agitated, knowing what is soon to follow. You pick up the pace and Alexander is visibly getting agitated. He may not know the shadow creatures, but something definitely spooked him.

Faster and faster, you pick up speed, but just before the light of the town is seen, you hear a familiar laughter as the shadow walls return! A lone figure walks out of it, wearing a bloody red torn cloak, and bearing a symbol that looks to be of a deity none of you can call. At his side are a brutal looking dagger with what appears to be saw teeth on the non-cutting edge. His face is covered by the hood of his cloak but his skin seems pale and almost greenish, and it seems he has no eyes but he weeps blood. His grin shows elongated fangs that mark one as a vampire. Thyra begins to be visibly panicking as she feels trapped. Symon, at the head with Karl at his right nad Nadarr at his left, sees through the hood and notices his hair appears to be black with splotches of red. He gets closer and he sees that the hair is actually red with dirt and dry blood staining it. Nadarr's face turns white as if he saw a ghost... After all, Aurel does stand before the party. But something is obviously amiss with him now.

"Why the shocked looks, my friends? It's only me; Aurel. I come bearing a warning from my master.

Give up your quest to go to the fortress. The High Lord demands it... The number of his followers grow, and soon... Soon you will join me."

He stares at Karl who gives him a slightly shocked, slightly angered expression.

"Well, Karl, are you surprised to see me in undeath? Am I a blasphemy to the Raven Queen to you? I am her chosen when I was born; a Vryloka. If you truly wish to end me, you'll have to ignore my warning and come to the fortress... And after all, I eagerly await my chance to taste your sweet, sweet blood..."

He gives a malicious laugh as he awaits a response from the party. You all feel that his power has somehow increased to something fell and terrible. Whatever it is, you're certain he is not the same Aurel that you watched die and then later bury.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: May 25, 2014, 10:13:42 am »

Pull out swords and marauder's rush him.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: May 25, 2014, 10:17:52 am »

Nadarr chokes out in heaving breathes

Au-Au-Au-Aurel!

Someone tell me I'm not crazy?

Nadarr starts squirming and looking at others in the party wild eyed, ignoring Alexander as he dashes forward.

Tell me I'm not crazy!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: May 25, 2014, 10:24:37 am »

"Did you forget how many of our other comrades have been coming back to life? This shouldn't come as much of a surprise."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: May 25, 2014, 10:25:18 am »

Pull out swords and marauder's rush him.
You race through the carts and attempt to hit him. He laughs. (?) He dodges your attack with ease, grabbing you in the process and hurls you towards the shadow wall! You go into it headfirst and feel deep agony as a thousand thoughts go through your mind! A quick glimpse of seeing images of a creature in chains and a man in a black cloak and the images of several people being butchered as one in platemail and carrying a broken spear pushes his allies into "you" as you watch them get torn apart by a strange vibrating blade. You then get propelled back and you notice everything seems a different shade now. You now have low light vision, but at what cost?

"Fool. Your fury will bring you closer to my master. You're already marked for the whelps."

His body shifts into a cloud of a thousand spectral bats.

"Beware my friends as you pass by,
As you are now, so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare my friends to follow me..."

The bats go straight through the carts and then disappear into the night sky. You all realize that the walls are down as you advance into town. The guard lets you in and tells you to ignore the smell if you notice. Nadarr notices it clearly and notices the faint smell of wolfsbane. He whimpers like a dog as he goes in with the others.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: May 25, 2014, 10:30:32 am »

"Let's find an inn to stay at. The night's only going to grow colder."

Search for an inn and find out what time it is.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: May 25, 2014, 10:38:11 am »

Assuming we find an inn and Thyra pays our way, go to my room and open what I found in the camp.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: May 25, 2014, 11:30:13 am »

Assuming we find an inn and Thyra pays our way, go to my room and open what I found in the camp.
Thyra brings you all back to the last inn, which still has the faint smell of wolfsbane. Nadarr scratches at his nose every now and then, but not enough to notice. She gets the rooms for free again but she has no need to sing; the innkeeper is happy that some bandits are gone.

You open the chest. You find random things in it, but not gold. You find a key, a book and a magical bottle.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: May 25, 2014, 11:38:18 am »

Pray to Olladra for a bit and hope for pleasant dreams as I hit the sack.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: May 25, 2014, 11:39:09 am »

Examine the key, book and bottle. Arcana check, perception check.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: May 25, 2014, 02:18:51 pm »

Pray to Olladra for a bit and hope for pleasant dreams as I hit the sack.
You pray. Suddenly, you're urged to take some of your new wealth and get some alcohol and sing with Thyra downstairs.

Examine the key, book and bottle. Arcana check, perception check.
((I'll get to this when I get home, sorry))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: May 25, 2014, 02:56:24 pm »

Symon checks how late in the day it is, and if he has time to make a trip to the local temple.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: May 25, 2014, 03:00:56 pm »

Go down and get some ale. Sing along with Thyra merrily!
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: May 25, 2014, 04:51:48 pm »

((From last time, there's no temples in town, if I recall correctly.))

Karl rides in silence, and as the others seek their rooms, he takes charge of the prisoner train. He separates out Aki from the bandits and drags him into an alleyway, the bag of heads in his other hand, saying in an ominous tone "You said you'd rather be dead and defaced then let your wife see you hung in shame as a bandit. I can arrange that."

Once out of sight, he sets the bag on a barrel and pins Aki to the wall with one hand, his voice quiet and deadly serious. "I am not without mercy, friend, and neither is my Mistress. You and your friends have made a terrible mistake, but you have been honest with us as we asked you questions, and I sympathetic to your plight. The elf portioned out 50 gold for you, and you will receive this. Return to your wife, pay your debts. The witch who was blackmailing you is dead. If you can secure your son's release with this gold, do so. If not... send me a message, and I will see what I can do.

As far as your friends by the wagon know, I will kill you. Leave behind trying to be a bandit - despite the promises of easy money, it's a fool's path, and most of those who walk it die doing so. Find a safer occupation, and raise your son to an honest life."

Karl let's go of the man's throat and unties his hands, handing him the pouch Thyra had filled earlier. "And Aki... if you do decide to return to banditry, do not expect the same mercy twice. Now, scream like I'm murdering you and slip back to your wife."

Timing it with Aki's scream, he kicks over a barrel. After Aki leaves, he returns with the bag of heads and surveys the prisoners coldly. "As for the rest of you, the authorities will get to decide what to do with you."

Karl leads the prisoners to the city watch and turns them over along with the bag of heads for the bounty, pointing out on the map which camp they took out. He also asks to meet with the commander in the morning, to relate the information they picked up from their interrogation.

Returning to the inn, he makes sure the wagons are safely secured, since it's too late in the evening to even begin to dispose of all the spoils they recovered.

Sighing heavily, he snags the passively staring Cromwell and sits down with him, praying to the Raven Queen as he performs every religious test he can to detect or banish a possessing spirit.

((Covered quite a bit here, but given I'm not around for the day, hopefully that's forgivable.

- Released Aki with the 50 gold Thyra set aside for him. Hopefully he doesn't go around and backstab us - maybe we'll even get an informant for this area out of it. Attempted to arrange it so that as far as his buddies knew, I killed him, letting him get a fresh start without the guards getting on his case.

- Turned in the living bandits and the heads for the bounty. The payment should be evenly split across the party. When Karl meets with the Commander, try to use Diplomacy to negotiate a reward for the information that the bandits harrassing the town are all one group and are being coordinated from the distant encampment.

- Knowledge: Religion check on Cromwell to see if Karl can figure out what's going on with him.

- If it turns into morning, meet with the Commander, then go ahead and start selling all the loot we picked up. Diplomacy on all transactions to sell the nonmagical gear, excluding light sources, anything that would make sense exploring caves/mountains and potions, vials, etc. Keep the unclaimed magical gear for now, in case anyone wants to pick through it. Split the proceeds evenly across everyone.

- Since people are already going to bed, in the morning, ask Weston and Nadarr to inspect his family's sword. Karl won't say anything about the voice he heard, but the sudden enchantment might mean there's more to his sword then he knew.

...and there's more I'd want to do, but I'm guessing Karl sort of needs to have his evening prayers, sleep and morning prayers in there somewhere. :P))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: May 25, 2014, 05:00:04 pm »

Weston breaks in his new deck of cards with some locals.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 344