Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342147 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): Off Chasing Bandits
« Reply #3375 on: May 24, 2014, 05:49:45 am »

Second wind and heal myself through my superior Heal attribute. Laugh in the faces of the bandits and loot whatever I can from the bandits and the camp. Perception check. Nature check.

"How about we go to a city or town before we head off to the next encampment? Olladra knows I need to celebrate already and I doubt she'll wait. Also... was your friend over there always like this?"

Points at Cromwell

Help interrogate and intimidate the bandits, asking them aggressively on what they knew about me.

"I've half a mind to cut your heads as well, so you better answer truthfully or I won't ask Olladra for mercy."

After all is said and done, pray to Olladra yet again, for my personal reasons.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: May 24, 2014, 09:37:30 am »

Symon does his usual thing, taking the (headless) bodies and laying them against a tree, so that he can carve the words 'BANDITS' into the trunk. Afterwards he hangs out by the wagons, anxious to get going again.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: May 25, 2014, 12:04:36 am »

Symon does his usual thing, taking the (headless) bodies and laying them against a tree, so that he can carve the words 'BANDITS' into the trunk. Afterwards he hangs out by the wagons, anxious to get going again.
You do so. The two new bandits are a little edgy with your methods after seeing a grotesque horror of teleportation glitches.

Karl goes and brings up the bandit wagon and the prisoner train, then drags the bodies out of sight and starts the grim work of collecting heads for the head bag. After he completes that task, interrogate the prisoners - did they have any more accomplices? Where was the wagon heading to and why? What were they planning to do with Alexander?
You take out their heads and as you take the head of the bandit leader, you swear you hear a voice in your head:

It has been a long time since I tasted worthy blood. You, the one who bears me, find me the blood of worthy enemies to grant the Raven Queen and I shall bestow much greater power then you can ever imagine

Your longsword glows a little before a single magical rune in dwarven appears on the blade. Your longsword is now a basic +1 longsword ((Aka +1 to attack rolls and damage rolls, nothing else... Yet))

You return with the bag of heads and the prisoners with their cart and the two alive ones look at the other 6 in looks of disappointment and shame. You put the bag down as you line up all 8 prisoners. (?) As you drop the bag, the head of (?) (?) the bandit leader falls out ((NOTE: That was the most rediculous random roll ever. 1d4 to pick which kind of bandit and then 1d6/2 to see which one it was...)). You see shock on all of their faces as you put the head back in the bloody bag, granting you a +5 situational bonus to your intimidate check.

Weston hangs out around Karl while the other interrogated the bandits, ready to assist with Intimidation if needed.
(10+9+5+((Weston's assist: 12))+2) They all start randomly shouting at once, some crying, some you're certain soiled themselves. You shout at them again. One of them you had to physically slap in order to get him to stop wailing and shouting, and he's the one you chose to get all of your information out of.

"I swear! I only got in this business because my family needed the money! If you haven't figured it out yet, yes, all of us bandits in this area are working together! The cart was headed towards the main camp to the east!" When asked to show which one on the map, he clearly points it out to be the stationary one. "The ranger? We were sending him to their camp leader for being a thorn in Jorg's side!" He nods towards the bag, and you assume he's talking about the leader. "That ranger killed my best friend and 7 others before we knocked him out and tied him up. He woke up before he got on the cart and he almost got out before Vingtor here bashed his head with a mace, knocking him out again." He nods to the human next to him. "If you kill us, please, deface me so my wife doesn't know I did this..." The others begins to mumble amongst each other at that statement, some visibly shaking, others panicking.

As he finishes speaking, the Kruthik ((that I forgot and everyone else did)) climbs out and starts to head towards the bodies that Karl and Symon put up. The shock and fear on the faces of the bandits grow, and they start screaming and crying as you hear her gorge on the dead bodies.

Second wind and heal myself through my superior Heal attribute. Laugh in the faces of the bandits and loot whatever I can from the bandits and the camp. Perception check. Nature check.

"How about we go to a city or town before we head off to the next encampment? Olladra knows I need to celebrate already and I doubt she'll wait. Also... was your friend over there always like this?"

Points at Cromwell

Help interrogate and intimidate the bandits, asking them aggressively on what they knew about me.

"I've half a mind to cut your heads as well, so you better answer truthfully or I won't ask Olladra for mercy."

After all is said and done, pray to Olladra yet again, for my personal reasons.

Nadarr quickly begins going through all their pockets, taking anything of interest as well as money/gems. He then goes through the camp, taking any money/gems/gold. Take a good look around the camp. Perception check. Take what magical items I find and pile them together, then inspect each piece before putting it back on the pile. ((Arcana check))
You first take the gear of the bandits. Without stripping the two survivors naked, you find the following items stashed on them. Alexander helps you out with this, preventing you from taking a full cut of everything you find. ((I'm using a new kind of random looting, so this may get silly in either way))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((I'll let Alexander and Nadarr deal with splitting the cash after I post))

You both go into the camp. In the northern tent, you find there are 9 chests stacked up and a shoddy table with even shoddier looking chairs (one is literally a log, another a rather flat rock). Inside the chest at the foot of the table you find:

You assume they take their breaks and meals in this room. Quite a fitting place to put the loot since there is always someone in here. You begin opening the chests one by one.

Chest 2 is full of potions, a couple poisons and alchemical items. As Nadarr opens it, he screeches and stands back from the chest before telling Alexander to put the first jug on top into the bag of holding he tosses him. He does so and they continue to loot the chest.

Chest #3 holds a crap ton of useless and possibly damaged baubles.

Chest #4 holds armor pieces:

Chest #5 holds weapons.
Through your magical prowess as you discover the enchantment, you find a leak in the enchantment, allowing you to pick one of the following enchantments (giving you the choice to rewrite the magic or leave it as is)

Weapon of Shared Wrath +1 OR Gutting Weapon

Chest #6 holds gold and gems! Its not as full as the others you opened, but it holds 512gp 92 silver 15 copper. However, you you do find a lot of small shiny stones!

Chest #7 holds more junk!

Chest #8 holds magical gear! Excellent!

Your magical prowess once again allows you to see a tamper in the magic of the staff. You can make it either one of these staves:

Staff of Spectral hands OR Staff of Light

And lastly, chest #9 holds more gold! This one holds more gold then last time, holding 1230gp 5 silver and 22 copper. There are fewer gems in this one, however.

After looting the tent, you perception check the room. (17+4) (9+9) You both find nothing else in this tent. As you head out of the tent, you realise Cromwell is standing right in front of the tent with a blank stare right at you. You walk towards the next tent and he teleports inside and scares you a little. You see that this tent has several bedrolls and bags scattered everywhere. This appears to be the barracks of a sort. Checking the bags, you find 517gp total, no gems and rags used for polishing or cleaning. One contains several letters with a small bag of gold attached. It is marked out to "Agata" and the bag contains a sum of 50gp. The letter reads:

You perception check the place. (CRIT) You find a small dug up patch by the back of the tent and dig it out with one of the shovels back in the cart raid. You dig out a smaller chest and open it. You find a ritual book containing explosive runes, and 200gp worth of residuum as well as finding a dagger. The dagger is magical (5+9) You fail to figure out the enchantment. ((I just discovered this in my last session: if you throw a magical item, it either ends up back in your hand as a free action or lands on the ground in front of you. Just a reminder since I thought otherwise))
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 12:15:14 am by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: May 25, 2014, 12:41:51 am »

((Since I think I'm the only one that uses staffs, let me know what Spectral Hands does. I'm guessing a Staff of Light emits light, possibly similar to Karl's spell.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: May 25, 2014, 12:47:38 am »

((Since I think I'm the only one that uses staffs, let me know what Spectral Hands does. I'm guessing a Staff of Light emits light, possibly similar to Karl's spell.))
((Wizards use all impliments but daggers (which you sorcerers use). And Spectral Hands gives you an additional mage hand equal to its enchantment and Light uses Wizard's light cantrip to shed light and it damages undead if theyre in that light. The other staff, feyswarm, uses a free action daily power to daze an enemy and it also dazes the enemy on a crit))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: May 25, 2014, 12:50:43 am »

((Hmm, all useful stuff. Guess I'll let Karl figure out what he wants and I'll grab the other.))

Weston eyed the piles of loot they had gathered with a grin on his face, the food especially.
"Nimue old girl, we won't be going hungry any time soon."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: May 25, 2014, 12:53:33 am »

Nadarr examines the gems with a practiced eye.

Not worth much...but mine nonetheless, he mutters as he pockets them, rubbing each clean almost tenderly before putting them in his bag.

Nadarr pulls up the sword, and inspiration fills him!

Working quickly, Nadarr fashions a new enchantment, forming a Gutting Weapon, which he tosses onto the pile of sellable junk. After the battle and his creative outlet, Nadarr feels more like his normal self!

He takes four daggers, because why not! He takes all alchemist fire, and all oil!

Nadarr starts rubbing his hands in anticipation, and goes for the gold, when something catches his eye.
((Space reserved for Alexander to take and distribute gold that Nadarr shouldn't, but would, take!)). It is a staff...a trifle of a staff, one to do with Mage Hands, but it could be more..oh, so much more! Eagerly, he turns to it and works, frowning and muttering. He creates a Staff of Light! ((Holy this is a nice staff. To think, it used to be something amusing, but with little use!)) Nadarr then turns back to money which he takes, but with only half attention-the rest focused on the staff. He doesn't notice if any has gone.

Nadarr takes the deck of cards and uses Arcana check on it!

((Ninja'd by Sirus. I'm keeping the staff :P))
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 12:55:36 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: May 25, 2014, 01:06:59 am »

((Hmm, all useful stuff. Guess I'll let Karl figure out what he wants and I'll grab the other.))

Weston eyed the piles of loot they had gathered with a grin on his face, the food especially.
"Nimue old girl, we won't be going hungry any time soon."
Cromwell uses his teleportation to easily move the chests back and forth... The ones that don't weigh over 100lbs (and only the magical chest really does)

Nadarr examines the gems with a practiced eye.

Not worth much...but mine nonetheless, he mutters as he pockets them, rubbing each clean almost tenderly before putting them in his bag.

Nadarr pulls up the sword, and inspiration fills him!

Working quickly, Nadarr fashions a new enchantment, forming a Gutting Weapon, which he tosses onto the pile of sellable junk. After the battle and his creative outlet, Nadarr feels more like his normal self!

He takes four daggers, because why not! He takes all alchemist fire, and all oil!

Nadarr starts rubbing his hands in anticipation, and goes for the gold, when something catches his eye.
((Space reserved for Alexander to take and distribute gold that Nadarr shouldn't, but would, take!)). It is a staff...a trifle of a staff, one to do with Mage Hands, but it could be more..oh, so much more! Eagerly, he turns to it and works, frowning and muttering. He creates a Staff of Light! ((Holy this is a nice staff. To think, it used to be something amusing, but with little use!)) Nadarr then turns back to money which he takes, but with only half attention-the rest focused on the staff. He doesn't notice if any has gone.

Nadarr takes the deck of cards and uses Arcana check on it!

((Ninja'd by Sirus. I'm keeping the staff :P))
You put the small stones in your bag. You then use your power to turn the sword into a gutting shortsword and the staff into a staff of light. You claim to not notice it, but Thyra, who now is in the tent, takes the chest of gold, dumps it into the other chest of gold and they walk out with it to distribute amongst the others. This you DO notice. You say nothing about the gems though. You already know what the deck of cards is

((I closed the character builder and I decided I'm going to give rough, translated descriptions of each item's effect now so I don't have to type so much))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: May 25, 2014, 01:13:47 am »

((Just saying, Weston has super-high bluff and other Charisma-based skills. A deck of rigged playing cards could work in his favor...))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: May 25, 2014, 01:16:28 am »

((Just saying, Weston has super-high bluff and other Charisma-based skills. A deck of rigged playing cards could work in his favor...))
((I had that deck before on Olon; my broken as hell artificer (he could make items that were 5 levels higher then him and alchemical items 4 levels higher then him... and he was level 8) and he was accused of cheating. Tossed the guy the deck and he couldn't prove it so my guy told him to GTFO. He then proceeded to make ~75 gold that day))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: May 25, 2014, 01:23:59 am »

((And I've got intimidate and a load of illusions/cantrips. If you really want it, I can have Nadarr toss it to you. I doubt he cares that much. But I rather like the idea of it. It even goes with my avatar (Mat Cauthon). Still, it'd be rather selfish not to give it if you want it :P))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: May 25, 2014, 01:27:40 am »

((And I've got intimidate and a load of illusions/cantrips. If you really want it, I can have Nadarr toss it to you. I doubt he cares that much. But I rather like the idea of it. It even goes with my avatar (Mat Cauthon). Still, it'd be rather selfish not to give it if you want it :P))
((Would nadarr even run the risk of loosing money, even though he know's he'd win?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: May 25, 2014, 01:31:31 am »

((If it were gems, no. Not for any odds. Money is less precious to him, but even ten he might not gamble unless there was serious profit to be had. Which there is, with the deck of cards. Plus, Nadarr wouldn't mind being in a bar gambling. He wouldn't even know he was in danger :P))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: May 25, 2014, 01:35:49 am »

((I've got +9 Intimidate and Bluff last I checked. No cantrips, but sometimes you just need pure powers of bullshitting :P
Up to you, I guess. I doubt I'll be taking much, just a staff and maybe that cloth armor if no-one else wants it.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: May 25, 2014, 01:40:03 am »

((Eh. Fine, lol. Guess I'm just chasing after a dream of Nadarr gambling with the Dark One's own luck.))

Nadarr looks at the cards and briefly considers using them, but he doesn't want to put his money on the line. Speaking of....

Nadarr runs after Thyra and Cromwell, shouting about his share of the money! As he moves past Weston, he drops the cards and they land at his feet. Nadarr keeps going.

((Eh. May the odds be ever in your favour?))

((Edit: Just checked. I have so many bonuses to intimidate. How'd I never realise this before? :P

Another Edit: Wait, I did realise that when I pretended to be Tiamat XD))
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 01:43:32 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 344