Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342334 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): Off Chasing Bandits
« Reply #3195 on: April 30, 2014, 04:31:42 pm »

Patiently waits for somebody to untie him, meditating on his goddess.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: April 30, 2014, 04:43:58 pm »

Karl unties Alexander and gives him a hand up, since he's probably quite cramped by now. "Help us find and kill the bandits around town and you'll earn an equal share of the reward." He offers, selecting out one of the writing cases and tucking it into his backpack before taking up the heavy shield, inspecting it carefully to see if its ornate nature might make it a magical or masterwork piece.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: April 30, 2014, 04:56:22 pm »

Karl unties Alexander and gives him a hand up, since he's probably quite cramped by now. "Help us find and kill the bandits around town and you'll earn an equal share of the reward." He offers, selecting out one of the writing cases and tucking it into his backpack before taking up the heavy shield, inspecting it carefully to see if its ornate nature might make it a magical or masterwork piece.

Nods thankfully and quickly goes to get his gear and equips it, throwing a glance at Nadarr. Once everybody has taken what they want from the loot, throw a questioning gaze at Thyra as to whether I can take some things, and if I receive a favorable answer, take a pair of dagger boots which I equip, a filter mask which I inspect, a regalia which I inspect, a waterskin, shovel, three sunrods, 2 bottles of wine which I inspect, a set of artisan's tools, a bedroll, a crowbar and a sack.

Perception and Nature checks.

((Remember, I will take these things only after everybody else has taken what they want, as the new arrival shouldn't be so greedy so fast. ))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: April 30, 2014, 05:38:57 pm »

Nods thankfully and quickly goes to get his gear and equips it, throwing a glance at Nadarr. Once everybody has taken what they want from the loot, throw a questioning gaze at Thyra as to whether I can take some things, and if I receive a favorable answer, take a pair of dagger boots which I equip, a filter mask which I inspect, a regalia which I inspect, a waterskin, shovel, three sunrods, 2 bottles of wine which I inspect, a set of artisan's tools, a bedroll, a crowbar and a sack.

Perception and Nature checks.

((Remember, I will take these things only after everybody else has taken what they want, as the new arrival shouldn't be so greedy so fast. ))
Thyra pays no mind to those things. She gives Weston the map case and tells him that with it, him and Nimue could easily map out a battlefield and prepare for an attack if need be ((Aka shes asking you to be tactician)). She takes a sunrod as well. You inspect the gear but find nothing noteworthy. The wine is basic red wine. The filter mask is mostly for desert reigons, but it also works to hide your face. The dagger boots are a little difficult to walk in.

Karl grabs the shield and brushes it off. It appears to be an old battle-worn shield that has some magical properties that seem to be locked away. Thyra tries to help with figuring out the magic but cannot (autofail). It seems that at a certain point, it will unlock its power and become fully powered. Until then, it is an ordinary magic heavy shield with no real bonuses. You also free Alexander.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: April 30, 2014, 05:51:42 pm »

Karl thanks Thyra for her assistance as he puts his old shield into the wagon and slings the artifact on his back. He hopes that when the powers unlock, they won't include options such as the shield biting his arm off.

Looking over the map with the others, he goes and asks the bandits how many guards are normally patrolling the camp. With that information, we can perhaps see if our more stealthy group members can sneak up on the guards and disable them before they can raise the alarm. Failing that, Karl thinks we should attack during the middle of one of the shifts, so the fewest bandits are awake at one time.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: April 30, 2014, 06:09:01 pm »

Karl thanks Thyra for her assistance as he puts his old shield into the wagon and slings the artifact on his back. He hopes that when the powers unlock, they won't include options such as the shield biting his arm off.

Looking over the map with the others, he goes and asks the bandits how many guards are normally patrolling the camp. With that information, we can perhaps see if our more stealthy group members can sneak up on the guards and disable them before they can raise the alarm. Failing that, Karl thinks we should attack during the middle of one of the shifts, so the fewest bandits are awake at one time.
The bandits go in shifts of 3, one halfling, one human and a Mage or the leader himself

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: April 30, 2014, 11:48:30 pm »

"Dibs on some of that wine, mates!"

Cromwell grabs some of the booze.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: May 01, 2014, 12:45:34 am »

While the others study the map, Karl takes a moment to check the light shield if it was also enchanted.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: May 01, 2014, 12:56:03 am »

Unequip the dagger boots and filter mask (if equipped). Throw the dagger boots back into the cart. Inspect the longswords.

"What do you plan on doing with the cart? Ye bringing it along?" asks the rest of the party
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: May 01, 2014, 01:58:36 am »

Karl nods in reply."At least once we're done with the camp, it'll make transporting the prisoners and whatever loot we recover easier. Hm... speaking of bounties, there's something I need to attend to."

Karl takes one of the bags and drags the two bandit corpses into the underbrush to not offend anyone who might find the next part disturbing. Once out of sight, he beheads both corpses and puts their heads in the bag before tying it securely and returning to the group. The bag of heads goes in the cart inside one of the damaged backpacks to catch any leakage.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: May 01, 2014, 02:04:16 am »

Nods in agreement to what Karl did and then I go to the rest of the prisoners.

"I thought you folks knew better than to try and contain me. You should've killed me when you could."

Roll eyes.

"Oh, but what else could I expect of bandits?"
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: May 01, 2014, 10:31:34 am »

While the others study the map, Karl takes a moment to check the light shield if it was also enchanted.
Only the heavy shield was magical.

((I should mention Aurel's bag of holding that you have right now Karl since you're carrying most of his stuff no one wanted.))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: May 01, 2014, 04:14:32 pm »

((I figured we had put it all back into the cart, but yeah, that sort of thing shouldn't get forgotten. Unless Nadarr happens to now be carrying it?))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: May 01, 2014, 04:20:37 pm »

((I figured we had put it all back into the cart, but yeah, that sort of thing shouldn't get forgotten. Unless Nadarr happens to now be carrying it?))
((Why would he carry 2 bags of holding if he is carrying the , and lightest, amount of goods? Store the entire dragon's hoard when he stumbles upon it so no one notices? Wait...

But I'm waiting on what the party is going to do plan-wise. Ambush the watch/storm the place during shift change or just charge in blindly?))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: May 01, 2014, 04:38:53 pm »

((Why would he carry 2 bags of holding if he is carrying the , and lightest, amount of goods? Store the entire dragon's hoard when he stumbles upon it so no one notices? Wait...

But I'm waiting on what the party is going to do plan-wise. Ambush the watch/storm the place during shift change or just charge in blindly?))

((I'm all in for using stealth to knock the watch out. In other words, ambushing the watch using stealth. I think Thyra can take one and I can stealth my way to another. Otherwise, I don't mind storming or charging them. Just take the heat off of me when the going gets tough (Yes, I'm looking at you, controllers.)))
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 344