Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342445 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): Bounty Hunters in Mosstone
« Reply #3075 on: April 23, 2014, 11:25:20 pm »

((Aurel didn't have that much gold anyways, so it doesn't matter. As for bandits or Fortress, your choice since I'm not in the game, but going after bandits will probably give me a smoother transition into the party. Also, Karl, Aurel was a vampire, but not in the traditional sense. He was a very special vampire due to him being Vryloka and his background. Also, 1 tip to all future people that want to play a character like Aurel, always give half-truths. It avoids the bluff check and you get to accomplish what you set out [which might be limiting information on yourself as I often did or avoiding delicate subjects]. I probably would've succeeded in a Bluff check, but I wouldn't want to risk it since there was an alternative. It also made a nice fleshing out of the character as bits of truth were slowly sewed together over time to make what we know as Aurel.))
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 10:42:33 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: April 24, 2014, 01:18:31 am »

((One could argue though that bluff checks with a bonus on your part would still be necessary - someone with good insight might be able to tell that while what you're saying sounds true, there seems to be more left unsaid. It wouldn't lead to much except for general suspicions about what wasn't said.

For those selecting equipment:

Headband of perception
Ghost Dance Widow's Knife
Symbol of Mortality
Haunted Cloth Armor
Hunters Flint
Talon Amulet +1 (from Page 178)
6 4 potions of healing
2 potions of Eladrin Shape ))

Karl quietly picks up Aurel's Symbol of Mortality and runs a finger over it gently. "Given where we will eventually be going, this symbol may prove useful in the future. My thanks, Nadarr."

If no one else claims them, Karl will take the Hunter's Flint and the Talon Amulet as well.

Karl stops to speak with Weston. "My apologies that you were not woken when all of this occurred. I'm afraid I was busy through much of the night, and I think those who saw Aurel die were in shock. They moved and acted like those walking in their sleep."

Speaking to the party as a whole as the group slowly walks away from the graveyard, Karl nods.

"I'm in agreement, let us take some time and clear out the bandits around this town."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: April 24, 2014, 01:26:07 am »

Weston takes a healing potion and nothing else.

He grimaced slightly, but nodded at Karl's words.
"Understandable, I suppose. Still, it's hardly the sort of news one wants to hear when just sitting down for breakfast."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: April 24, 2014, 10:31:56 am »

Symon walks over to Karl, "What's being done about Nadarr?"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: April 24, 2014, 11:11:40 am »

Thyra takes nothing. She asks which bandit camp you tackle first as you're picking at Aurel's belongings
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: April 24, 2014, 11:29:05 am »

Karl speaks quietly with Symon. "Outside of the full moons, he has a great deal of control over his... condition. Even though he struggled with it when he heard the news of his friend's death, he mastered himself. I have offered to help him with secure confinement when the moons are full. Should he lose control of himself, we will need to restrain him. Beyond that... we will have to see."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: April 24, 2014, 11:33:28 am »

Symon whispers back, "I meant about the murders he committed."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: April 24, 2014, 01:36:55 pm »

((Crap, I forgot that Aurel took grot's bag of holding. Add that to the list))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: April 24, 2014, 04:22:39 pm »

Karl raises an eyebrow. "can you prove that murders were indeed committed? The group slaughtered in the last town had all the markings of a street gang. The man he killed here took a barroom scuffle and turned it deadly when he drew steel. In both cases, I argue that he fought in self defense. If it were I and not Nadarr, those men would be just as dead, only from steel instead of fang.

We've had the opportunity to watch Nadarr as he's fought with us against goblins, Vryloka and shadows alike. He does not seem to take excessive pleasure in killing, or go out of his way to make a kill. We can watch him further against the bandits, but I think he is no greater threat to those around him then any of the others in our group."

Karl rests his hand on Symon's shoulder briefly. "I suggest that we watch Nadarr and be ready to urge him to reason if his condition starts to get the better of him, but other then that, be gentle with him - he has lost a friend of many years this last day, despite your every effort to save Aurel. Accusing him of murder without strong evidence to back it will cause more harm then good."

((A little Bard sings in the distance "convince, convince, convince the Avenger...

It's up to Nadarr what happens with the unclaimed items. I'd say throw them in the back of the cart, but he could sell them to the caravans and use the bag of holding to hold his growing horde.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: April 24, 2014, 04:32:25 pm »

Nadarr takes the rest, seeing as no one else seems to want it. If anyone asks for anything, give it. he goes quickly up to his room, puts on the haunted cloth armour and head band of perception.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: April 24, 2014, 05:09:35 pm »

Thyra takes nothing. She asks which bandit camp you tackle first as you're picking at Aurel's belongings
((Just reinstating so I know where you're heading?))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: April 24, 2014, 05:23:20 pm »

((I suggest just the nearest bandit area.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: April 24, 2014, 06:52:00 pm »

Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: April 24, 2014, 07:52:18 pm »

Karl raises an eyebrow. "can you prove that murders were indeed committed? The group slaughtered in the last town had all the markings of a street gang. The man he killed here took a barroom scuffle and turned it deadly when he drew steel. In both cases, I argue that he fought in self defense. If it were I and not Nadarr, those men would be just as dead, only from steel instead of fang.

We've had the opportunity to watch Nadarr as he's fought with us against goblins, Vryloka and shadows alike. He does not seem to take excessive pleasure in killing, or go out of his way to make a kill. We can watch him further against the bandits, but I think he is no greater threat to those around him then any of the others in our group."

Karl rests his hand on Symon's shoulder briefly. "I suggest that we watch Nadarr and be ready to urge him to reason if his condition starts to get the better of him, but other then that, be gentle with him - he has lost a friend of many years this last day, despite your every effort to save Aurel. Accusing him of murder without strong evidence to back it will cause more harm then good."

((A little Bard sings in the distance "convince, convince, convince the Avenger...

It's up to Nadarr what happens with the unclaimed items. I'd say throw them in the back of the cart, but he could sell them to the caravans and use the bag of holding to hold his growing horde.))

Symon sighs and uncharacteristically looks at Karl in the eyes, his own firm with steely resolve. "I will defer to your judgement this time because I was incapacitated when the murder occurred, self-defense or not. But I will not be as lenient next time. I do not care about who committed the crime or what they did beforehand. Justice will be served regardless of the circumstances. I guarantee it. I do not care about people's past deeds as long as they have atoned for them properly, but I will not abide having a murderer walk free nor will I cooperate with them."

He gently pushes Karl's hand off of his shoulder and turns away as he mentions Aurel's death. "I k-know."

((Why yes, I did spend all of this time agonizing over what to say for a forum D&D game. Why do you ask?))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: April 25, 2014, 12:55:50 am »

((We've got three nearby, and one mid-way between the town and the dwarvern fortress.

For reference, the map I mention is here.))

Karl nods in response to Symon's resolve. "I respect your conviction, Symon, but I think you need to think more critically about what is or is not murder. Otherwise, we all would need to pay penance for the vampire and vryloka that we slew back in Athkatla, for example."

As the conversation ends, a new one is struck up as everyone starts to argue about which group of bandits to seek out first. Karl pulls out the annotated map from yesterday and spreads it out for everyone to see.

"As you can see, there are three groups around the town, all about equally far away. I suggest we start with the group that works northeast of the town. If they're easy to beat, we can then look for the group north of town, that partially shares their normal range. Once those two groups are dead, we can return to town, resupply and then deal with the bandits to the west of town."

Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 344