Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342700 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): Bounty Hunters in Mosstone
« Reply #2880 on: April 15, 2014, 11:59:36 pm »

Symon is still rather shocked and confused about the entire thing, and just stands there dumbfounded. Which is probably a good thing for Nadarr, otherwise he'd probably be bashing his head in without hestiation around now.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: April 16, 2014, 12:03:00 am »

Symon is still rather shocked and confused about the entire thing, and just stands there dumbfounded. Which is probably a good thing for Nadarr, otherwise he'd probably be bashing his head in without hestiation around now.

((When I think about it, what reason does Symon have to bash Nadarr right now? First time Nadarr only killed some thieves due to his frenzy and now he merely defended himself.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: April 16, 2014, 12:04:08 am »

Nadarr sees Symon's rather confused face, and decides a quick departure may be beneficial to all.
My room? Yep. Sure.

Nadarr hastily goes to his room.

((And Symon doesn't know that. All he knows is written on a note that says I murdered someone.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: April 16, 2014, 12:06:44 am »

((Actually, familiars can record a voice message and deliver it in the voice of whoever made the message. That's what I had her do.))
((Only the raven can do that if I recall... I'll double check that))
Nimue flies off, racing back to her master... But when a familiar crow comes and attacks Nimue in the air! It's talons sink deep into Nimue's flesh, and she dissipates and Weston feels the backlash that signals his familiar has been killed. You're down a healing surge, and you know what shot her down. ((I assume)) You call her back up and check on her and she is fine, returning to her passive state.

Meanwhile, Thyra and Symon head towards the jail, and spot the crow which circles overhead and Thyra goes to shoot it down, but hesitates. She lowers her bow and says something about "enough blood was spilled today" and you make it  the jail, where they stop you because another visitor is with the fresh meat.
Nadarr sees Symon's rather confused face, and decides a quick departure may be beneficial to all.
My room? Yep. Sure.

Nadarr hastily goes to his room.

((And Symon doesn't know that. All he knows is written on a note that says I murdered someone.))
You do so.

((Symon didn't see the note yet))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: April 16, 2014, 12:08:45 am »

((This is the only productive thing I have done all day long.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: April 16, 2014, 12:11:32 am »

((Wait, so Thyra and Symon actually don't listen to my instructions to find witnesses? Did you miss my post completely?))

Also, if the lord permits, when we get upstairs to Nadarr's room, bring the body if nothing stops me (guards, people and stuff like that).
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: April 16, 2014, 01:02:31 am »

((I think it was clear when she asked Karl to give her a hand with him. Thyra isn't exactly strong))

((OK, going to jump on this one. For basic things like this, please please just assume that Karl helps out in a general fashion. I'm wading through six odd pages of catching up to do because a major plot point happened while I'm asleep. Unless you really do want Karl just to sit out on just about everything because I'm in a different time zone, he needs a certain amount of assuming done. I promise not to bite anyone's head off unless the assuming goes all the way to him going chaotic evil or forcing him to fall as a paladin.

...okay, I'm caught up.

Frankly, I'm not certain how you plan for this to work highmax, but I'm not seeing how the group is going to continue working further. Karl's intelligent enough to connect the werewolf in the last town with Nadarr turning into a werewolf right in front of his face, and he's not going to trust that Nadarr won't wolf out and kill the whole damn party in the wilderness. Even if I let Karl be assuaged by "It was self defense, really", the slaughter and half-eaten bodies from Nadarr's last werewolf incident are pretty damn hard to ignore.

Not to mention that Symon is very likely to hear about what happened from NPCs, even if the party tried to shut up about it, and hearing that Nadarr is (possibly) a Tiamat-worshipping werewolf is going to force a party conflict.

RE: Why would Symon try to kill Nadarr?:
Werewolves, as far as I know AD&D, are always evil-alignment. A pious cleric of Bahamut can't ignore that.))

Karl grinds his teeth, punching the wall next to him with a steady crash of steel on stone, the force of his blows only limited by the chains restricting his range of motion.

"I. Froze. And. Did. NOTHING." he snarls, each word punctuated with a crash.

Eventually the guards get tired of the noise and shackle Karl further, and he fumes between prayers to the Raven Queen and bouts of furious cursing in Common and Goblin.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 02:04:50 am by Hanzoku »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: April 16, 2014, 05:46:12 am »

((Perhaps player characters do need to be evil in order to get it. I don't know. But Symon isn't going to know that; werewolf is passed through genetics or bite; anyone can have it.

And the last rampage was on the full moon. I was wild, think of it as a mind altering disease. I did my best to restrain myself, but I ran out of time. The only casualties were thieves that mugged me. I daresay I would have killed them anyway, regardless of wolf form.

Those NPCs that did see it only saw my convulsing, as in about to change. Not the actual change. And really, I'm a wizard. Make myself look more formidable? There's probably a spell that does that.

The only two that know for sure are you and Weston. And both of you also saw him attack me first.

EDIT: How much coin do I have now, after picking up all the money on the floor and looting that lady?))
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 05:56:30 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: April 16, 2014, 06:13:02 am »

((This is back from 3rd edition, but if I recall the entry, after the first change, a PC infected with lycanthropy would see their alignment change to Chaotic Evil.

Not asking you to defend yourself, but you'll need to present those arguments very persuasively in character, as Karl just watched a companion turn into a creature known in the stories as a murderous beast, and went ahead and bite out someone's throat.

And he's expected to sleep around him?  :P ))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: April 16, 2014, 06:17:56 am »

((I didn't know you had to be evil to be a werewolf. I don't think there are such constraints in this version of D&D since if you're infected, you don't really have a choice. As for the last town, it was, yet again, self-defense. So in both cases he became werewolf, it was self-defense and he killed only those that wished him ill (they tried to rob him in the last town). As for the Tiamat thing, no way to ignore that if true, but unless somebody can do a religion check, know what it is and then tell Symon, he doesn't actually know. I'm confident Aurel can try and convince your characters that Nadarr is rather... tame. I'm just not going to allow the party to fall apart.

Also, I think that most of the things that Highmax does are decided by rolls (whether they'd happen) rather than forced. I do agree with Karl on the note of assuming though.))
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 06:21:24 am by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: April 16, 2014, 06:18:01 am »

((Haha. Well, I'll do my best to make Nadarr seem eloquent. He has a high enough intelligence to manage it, I suppose.))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: April 16, 2014, 06:31:24 am »

((I apologize for the lack of assumption, but no, I have a chaotic neutral character made who was supposed to be a werewolf but got cut out because there are no dwarves in the Feywild  :'(

No black sun themes have an alignment attached to them, even black hearted knave that literally hinders your allies and helps yourself.

I'm going to also take this moment to explain the difference between 4e and previous editions in regards to alignments. Anyone can be on any side of the spectrum in 4e, regardless of who or what you are. One of my friends I originally tried to do a dungeon crawl with was a lawful evil paladin and he could do that, but in regards to house rules, you can force paladins to be good or neutral and blackguards to be evil and neutral. That said, the blackguard is technically not assumed to be evil , as is Nadarr being chaotic evil... HOWEVER, this doesn't mean if a character goes through changes as the game progresses, like a vampire's bite or a werewolf's curse, but that would be based on how the player acts. Think Nadarr's wolf form as a berserker rage, which can turn a lawful good character into a chaotic neutral Symon.

BUT, as a house rule (and in specifics to Symon being new to this part of the world) I am allowing that you can do any actions without regards to alignment, but your alignment WILL change. One already had his change because he didn't act his alignment at all. If we kept going on while we had Bouchart, his alignment probably would've changed to true neutral.

So in a nutshell: just because you're a monster, doesn't make you evil... Just more likely to commit evil acts

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: April 16, 2014, 06:47:04 am »

After I'm in Nadarr's room and closed the door.

"What the hell happened, Nadarr? Why does half the party know you're a werewolf AND why are two of the party members lying in jail? What in the Raven Queen's name happened?"
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: April 16, 2014, 06:48:33 am »

After I'm in Nadarr's room and closed the door.

"What the hell happened, Nadarr? Why does half the party know you're a werewolf AND why are two of the party members lying in jail? What in the Raven Queen's name happened?"
((Because I forgot to mention)) The body is taken away before you head upstairs. Nadarr picked up 43gp

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: April 16, 2014, 06:50:48 am »

Tell him about the shifty peddler, and what he revealed about the assassin and his own role. Then, with a tinge of anger rising in his tone, recount how I was attacked and changed.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 344