Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342782 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): Bounty Hunters in Mosstone
« Reply #2790 on: April 15, 2014, 11:14:36 am »

"And say...? She twirls her fingers to signal "go on". She giggles as your face turns red. You start to notice other patrons glancing at the two of you every now and then. The bartender grins and gets a bottle of wine from his rack and comes over and puts it on the table with two glasses.

"Its on the house, young sir and ma'am. Its whimsy wine, and popular for younglings like you two."

Thyra seems a little flustered at that statement. Before either of you can refuse, he walks off and makes a quick statement in your ear.

"Don't mess this up, lad."

As he walks off, more faces join in and watch. They don't seem to look it, but all eyes are on you now. (75%) It doesn't hinder nor help your situation. Most of the patrons are talking as per usual, but your keen sense of hearing ((your damned passive perception...)) has you hear people making bets on you screwing it up or going through with it. One even bets that you'll end up waking up next to her for 100gp, which makes your face turn red as you with you didn't hear that.

Symon blows it. He completely and utterly blows it.

Thanks to the attentions of the bartender, the whispers of the patrons and, last but not least, Thyra's giggling, Symon's face is as red as it could possibly be from embarrassment. He keeps his gaze firmly on his lap to avoid looking at anyone, his mouth hanging slightly open as he tries to think about what to say. Eventually he manages to get his tongue under control and stammers, "S-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-sorry," to Thyra before abruptly standing up. He snatches his flail up and almost runs out of the inn, flipping his cowl over his head to try and hide his face while keeping his eyes firmly on the floor. Once he leaves the inn he quickly sprints down the street, not caring about which direction he goes in and simply wanting to get away from the place as fast as he can.

((If you expected anything different I am completely disappointed in you.

Also, Re: Bandits: I think we're close to leveling up, and the extra gold could probably help us prepare for the fortress. So unless it's going to take a lot of days to find the bandits we should probably tackle them now, to get the exp and gp and make our trip through the dwarfen ruins easier. But if we're rushed for time we should just head straight for the necromancer now and deal with them later if we can.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: April 15, 2014, 11:21:09 am »

((Hm. Nadarr could use some extra cash. Would you believe he's meant to get 100 gold a month? He never sees a dime, though  :P))

Go into the inn.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: April 15, 2014, 11:24:17 am »

((I could definitely use the extra gold, but I'm more worried about the future.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: April 15, 2014, 01:16:22 pm »

((I expected nothing less))
You get up and walk out. Eyes gaze away and sounds of disappointment are audible and ring in your head.

((Hm. Nadarr could use some extra cash. Would you believe he's meant to get 100 gold a month? He never sees a dime, though  :P))

Go into the inn.
You see Symon walk out, disheartened and quick. You hear the sounds of coins being passed and sounds of disappointment.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: April 15, 2014, 01:50:36 pm »

Karl and Weston carefully avoid watching the scene between Symon and Thyra, eating quietly. Once Symon left the building, Karl's hand dips into his pouch, pulling out a gold piece, which he slides over to Weston. "I truly thought he'd get a second word out this time." he grumbles quietly.

((hey, highmax, I think every inn patron around us should also have to roll against instant drunkeness from their drink. It would be something for the characters to pick up on- wherever they go, alcohol tolerance vanishes.  :P ))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: April 15, 2014, 01:54:22 pm »

((I expected nothing less))

((Yay... And of course Symon is going to be hiding somewhere from acute embarrassment for the rest of the day.))

Karl and Weston carefully avoid watching the scene between Symon and Thyra, eating quietly. Once Symon left the building, Karl's hand dips into his pouch, pulling out a gold piece, which he slides over to Weston. "I truly thought he'd get a second word out this time." he grumbles quietly.

((To be fair, he did say a bunch more words to her. Before all of the patrons started to listen in and bet on him, of course.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: April 15, 2014, 03:44:27 pm »

((What age is Symon? 16?

That ain't no excuse, Symon. My brother is 16, and he's got a girlfriend (Albeit, I find it hilarious.)

So, man up and get in there!

In the words of football, Go On My Son!  :P))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: April 15, 2014, 03:48:22 pm »

((What age is Symon? 16?

That ain't no excuse, Symon. My brother is 16, and he's got a girlfriend (Albeit, I find it hilarious.)

So, man up and get in there!

In the words of football, Go On My Son!  :P))

((A. Symon can't read OOC conversations.

B. Symon is indeed 16, and a very awkward 16 at that.

C. I enjoy how everyone assumes that he's going to ask Thyra to be his girlfriend.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: April 15, 2014, 04:00:52 pm »

((Can't read OOC, eh?  :P))

Nadarr turns around at Symon's stiff retreating back, and shouts after him:

What's the matter, boy? Some tavern-whore spurn your advances?

Then chuckles and heads into the inn.

((And I have a feeling Symon needn't ask her to be his girlfriend. Methinks Thyra has "her" own ideas.))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: April 15, 2014, 04:04:26 pm »

Symon doesn't respond. Unless you count trying to run faster as a response.

((And I have a feeling Symon needn't ask her to be his girlfriend. Methinks Thyra has "her" own ideas.))

((That's going to be a fun and interesting scene when/if that happens.))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: April 15, 2014, 04:30:24 pm »

Cromwell sees Symon running down the street in a sprint, and teleports out of the way right before Symon collides with him.
"Huh."
He shrugs, and keeps heading back to the tavern.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: April 15, 2014, 05:31:25 pm »

Symon doesn't respond. Unless you count trying to run faster as a response.

((That's going to be a fun and interesting scene when/if that happens.))
You get away from the inn. You wander about town and avoid all looks at you. It seems that the only way to avoid contact is to stay near the alleyways. (?) You hear shouts down the alleyway.

Nadarr:
You enter the inn and see everyone talking and passing off coins. Karl is even handing one off to Sirus.
Cromwell sees Symon running down the street in a sprint, and teleports out of the way right before Symon collides with him.
"Huh."
He shrugs, and keeps heading back to the tavern.
You see the same thing as Nadarr does

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: April 15, 2014, 05:37:57 pm »

You get away from the inn. You wander about town and avoid all looks at you. It seems that the only way to avoid contact is to stay near the alleyways. (?) You hear shouts down the alleyway.

Symon looks down the alleyway to see what the shouts are about.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: April 15, 2014, 07:24:01 pm »

Symon looks down the alleyway to see what the shouts are about.
You watch as blood drips down a knife and the body drops to the group. A humanoid in black leather gear stands before you with a cruel looking falchion on his back and a long curved dagger in the other. He wears goggles that seem to cover half his face with a face mask with the image of a lower half of a skull on the lower part, hiding his face behind that and a hood. You feel a dread presence before him. He puts his finger up to his mask where his mouth is supposed to be as in to shush you.

"Death comes for us all, youngling. You will learn that some need to die before their time. Today is not your day, but maybe one day, we'll clash blades."

Within seconds, you watch as his body fades out and he dashes through you and then runs by you. He turns the corner and you give chase. You fail to see him and feel the need to scratch your stomach. As you do so, you feel something cold and wet as you feel the blood pour out from the dagger sticking into your stomach. You start to feel dizzy and light headed. You guess that after taking a beating before that something was laced onto that dagger. You pray that it isn't something lethal, but what are the chances? He did say today was not your day, but as you drop to your knees and feel every bone in your body scream in agony as your body shuts down, and you loose consciousness as someone grabs you and lifts you up off your feet and brings you back to the inn.

Everyone else:
You see what appears to be a peddler burst into the room with Symon in his arms, asking who knows how to heal. You can all see the dagger sticking in his stomach as blood drips onto the floor. Thyra lets out a shriek as she runs up and grabs him. She motions Karl to help her with Symon

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: April 15, 2014, 07:50:43 pm »

"Oh, s&^#, that's bad."
Head over to Symon, see if I can assist someone with a heal check, because I am incompetent in these things.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 344