Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342877 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Symon grabs his flail tightly and leaps forward to defend... Rax!

He doesn't actually fight though, simply stepping forward and yelling, "Stop fighting this instant!"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

Facepalm in disagreement at Symon's action but continue to observe silently from beside Nadarr.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Heh, hopefully this doesn't get me killed...))

Karl lets go of Nadarr, bringing his sword and shield to the ready before shield-bashing their locked weapons, attempting to force the two combatants away from each other.

"By the Raven Queen, there's enough monsters out here to vent your frustrations on without murdering each other over petty disagreements!"

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Kinsman!

Nadarr puts whatever of his waning strength he has left, and leaps in to defend....(Obviously)....Urist!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Haha, they're going to get dogpiled by the party this way. Come on, Aurel, jump the nearest one. ;) ))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Haha, they're going to get dogpiled by the party this way. Come on, Aurel, jump the nearest one. ;) ))

((I was thinking about how this separates the party so a fight might erupt, but oh well.))

After all the silence that Aurel has shown during the past minutes in spite of the argument and what was happening in front of him, Aurel finally speaks, being next to Karl when he says it.

"I have come. I have seen. And I have judged. You two are not worthy of the blessing of death just yet. Stop this fight instantly, or does the survivor wish to face Otaria's wrath when you return? Honor or no honor, you"

Points at Urist.

"you should be more happy to see a kinsman of yours. Or is the loyalty of dragonborn to family not true? Now is not the time to be fighting. As for you,"

Turns to Rax.

"you full well know why you signed up for this. And you risk it all due to petty taunting? An average person would need half a brain to decide this is worthless. If you claim to be more than a drunkard like your friend states, then prove it by doing something uncharacteristic for you. Backing off."

Looks at both.

"Or do you wish to continue making fools out of yourselves in front of strangers which make the outcome of this encounter even more uncertain?"

((May the odds ever be in your favor, Aurel.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Eh, one for each of the dragonborn and two trying to get both to back down. Though if they really decide to go at it, Karl is getting out of the middle and looting the loser.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

((Eh, one for each of the dragonborn and two trying to get both to back down. Though if they really decide to go at it, Karl is getting out of the middle and looting the loser.))
((Enjoy what happens))
Sirus hesitates!

Urist and Rax break after Karl charges in between them and the others get them to stop fighting.

Urist stops his fight as pure rage and hate exceeds his face as he turns and looks right at Aurel. He sheathes his kopesh and grabs Aurel by the collar (CRIT) and lifts him up off the ground with only his sword arm! You are stunned by how big the dragonborn is up close.

"Bastard! Don't you DARE speak about my family! The only reason I work with Rax is because I owe Otaria my life, but as soon as the debt is repaid, I will hunt down the one who killed my wife and son years ago. My loyalty to my family is strong as long as I still draw breath. This kinsman means nothing to me until the sonslayer lies dead at my feet. Maybe when YOU loose everyone that mattered to you, THEN you will share my pain!"

(23 vs 16) You are extremily intimidated. His fury is so great, you swear that you see Bahamut's image outlining his face. In fact, the outline is seen between most of the party members except Rax. Symon sees it almost immediately and remembers the story Thyra sang about a Champion of Bahamut who saved his village from bandits by scaring them away, making the legends seem him as appearing as an aspect of the platinum dragon. If he was any more terrifying, you swear you would've crapped your pants.

Urist is completely enraged at Aurel and ignores Rax who still holds his blade drawn.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After my amazement is over and I can actually say something, say:

"A-and you expect a stranger to know any of this? Your rage blinds you of your reason."

Looks to the side and whispers to Urist:

"I already have nothing left to lose, dragonborn."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

(Rax stabs his sword into the ground)

Well Urist this is the first time I have heard anything about your past. If you desire any assitance in hunting those cowards down I would more then gladly help you.

Also let that poor man go he knew nothing of your past he did not mean any harm
(diplomacy check)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 07:51:47 am by Death9980 »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After my amazement is over and I can actually say something, say:

"A-and you expect a stranger to know any of this? Your rage blinds you of your reason."

Looks to the side and whispers to Urist:

"I already have nothing left to lose, dragonborn."
(15+12 vs ?) His grip loosens a bit and rage seems to be leaving his face, though his fury is still present.

"Perhaps, youngling, you know about loss. Perhaps you're lying to me. Either way, you are of no concern to me."

He doesn't let you go but he brings you closer to his face.

"And all I have left is fury and revenge. When my wife and child were slain, I lost all feelings that some define as living life. I no longer feel joy, love or sadness. And anyone who gets in my way... Is a casualty."

(Rax stabs his sword into the ground)

Well Urist this is the first time I have heard anything about your past. If you desire any assitance in hunting those cowards down I would more the gladly help you.

Also let that poor man go he knew nothing of your past he did not mean any harm
(diplomacy check)
(? vs ?)

"I told you and Otaria months ago, before we aided Sir Keegan.

He pushes/throws Aurel off to the side as if he were weightless.

"I don't look like the madman now with my ramblings on the tower now, do I?"

Fury is no longer on his face, but now only the hard, solemn look on his face that Rax knows as what he looks when he's normal, remains.

"Then lets finish this damned errand for Otaria and head back to Loudwater before more blood is spilled on this day. Don't deny that one day, even if its a mere sparring match, we will see which is the better warrior."

Urist starts down the path towards Murann, ignoring the party as he walks by. A look as you go by shows Thyra's shocked face as she can only stare at Urist as he goes by.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Get up, clean my collar and prepare to leave.

"Well then. That was a rather interesting event. Rax, you should catch up to your mate. We should start going. Symon. You know what you have to do. Let's be off, unless any of you have any further enquiries?"
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

May the seven of you find great riches and good times find you, now I shall depart unless there is anything you need of me?
(if there is nothing Rax follows after Urist)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Symon stands there in shock for a moment, before quickly kneeling down to pray.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Symon stands there in shock for a moment, before quickly kneeling down to pray.
As you kneel, that voice you heard in the temple speaks again, but you're sure its in your head this time. This time, it says never let duty and rage consume you.

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 344