Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342958 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Karl asks the elf he is talking to about anything strange or noteworthy they've seen along their route so far, and warns them to be very careful and bring more guards if they want to chance the mountains to the north.
He says the exact same thing as what the other said to Weston, except in a different manner, feeling sorry for the bounty hunters. They say they will not be passing the mountains but turning back east after they head to Murann.

If nobody is looking at me, check what's in the cart.

((I half expect a beaver to jump and maul my face.))
This cart holds the elvish brews, potions and small wooden trinkets. The other seems to carry the gear and magical items.

Symon sighs and waits for Thyra to finish purchasing her herbs. Or whatever she's doing.
The elf hands Thyra a bag, where Thyra pulls out a bunch of small roots. She nods her head and passes the elf some coins and they speak about anything else on the cart. Her face changes when she hears about their gear, sees the cart full of wooden junk, and does an almost mocking scoff.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

The elf hands Thyra a bag, where Thyra pulls out a bunch of small roots. She nods her head and passes the elf some coins and they speak about anything else on the cart. Her face changes when she hears about their gear, sees the cart full of wooden junk, and does an almost mocking scoff.

Symon keeps patiently waiting for Thyra, not wanting to interrupt her business. Even if it wasn't that important.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

Snatch a potion and a wooden trinket if I'm confident nobody is looking, then go over to the other cart and if they're still distracted, snatch a magical item from the bottom/middle of the lump. (so it doesn't appear I snatched something from the top if they caught me) If everything goes right, make my way to our cart without anybody seeing me.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'm letting the cannibals eat you if you get caught, Aurel. :P ))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Don't be like that, I'm confident I can think of an excuse or two. In fact, I already have. And in the worst case scenario, fleeing is always an option. Or so I hope))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Don't be like that, I'm confident I can think of an excuse or two. In fact, I already have. And in the worst case scenario, fleeing is always an option. Or so I hope))
((I should note that elves are as fast, if not faster then you...))
You attempt to steal a potion and a trinket. (7+10) (8+10) You succeed and move to the next cart. (11+7) No one notices you still. You attempt to steal a magical item. (9+10) You succeed in grabbing a talon amulet.

Symon keeps patiently waiting for Thyra, not wanting to interrupt her business. Even if it wasn't that important.
You see Thyra shake her head and lose patience. She asks if you can get a small fire going to boil some water.

The elves seem to be done trading and start to mount up after the transaction. ((I assume... (I hate doing this but this will speed tihngs up))) Symon gets a fire going with twigs and branches that fell off of the trees and Thyra boils some water with a small bowl she has on her. She adds the root and some small berries (from the look of it, either blue or blackberries) and keeps it boiling. After about ten minutes, Thyra has the tea in hand and fishes out the berries and roots which lost most of its color. She hands it to Nadarr and says to drink it. ((Assuming again)) Nadarr drinks the brew and starts to cough a bit from how strong and bitter it tastes but then gets some sweetness from the berries. You drink the whole tea within minutes and start to feel a lot better within minutes. By now, the elves are long on their way, and so should you. It is roughly noon, and Thyra says Nadarr should get some sleep. You do feel able enough to walk on your own, so you grab the bedroll, hop in the cart, and lay it down with no shirt on and get inside where you fall soundly asleep within seconds.

The rest of the party travels south down the road again. The sun is warm despite the fall breeze coming in. You make a good distance (?) and see two dragonborn on the road. One is clad in full platemail, carrying a very ornate greatsword on his back and wears a black cloak in a similar fashion that Karl does. A second glance shows a holy symbol on his neck to a god none of you are familiar with, and you swear his smooth, bronze scales seems to let off heat waves. The other is an older dragonborn, much more rough looking then the other, wearing scale mail while carrying a light shield in one hand and what appears to be a brutal looking kopesh in the other. His scales obviously shine like metal off of his copper skin and his wings appear to be much stronger and larger then the other dragonborn's. Symon recognizes the symbol on his shield as a sign of Bahamut. The seems to be arguing and yelling at each other.

Nadarr awakes and notices the shield-bearer who looks very similar to Nadarr, as well as looking very familiar from a relative from your younger days. As you get closer, they don't seem to notice, or care if they did notice.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The rest of the party travels south down the road again. The sun is warm despite the fall breeze coming in. You make a good distance (?) and see two dragonborn on the road. One is clad in full platemail, carrying a very ornate greatsword on his back and wears a black cloak in a similar fashion that Karl does. A second glance shows a holy symbol on his neck to a god none of you are familiar with, and you swear his smooth, bronze scales seems to let off heat waves. The other is an older dragonborn, much more rough looking then the other, wearing scale mail while carrying a light shield in one hand and what appears to be a brutal looking kopesh in the other. His scales obviously shine like metal off of his copper skin and his wings appear to be much stronger and larger then the other dragonborn's. Symon recognizes the symbol on his shield as a sign of Bahamut. The seems to be arguing and yelling at each other.

Symon sighs, having not managed to speak with Thyra all day, due mostly to his shyness than anything else. But his mood picks up as he sees the shield with Bahamut's sign on it, and he urges the horses on a bit more before calling out, "Hello!"

((You're forgetting about the not-Paladin, Symon, remember? That excuse better be a good one.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You're forgetting about the not-Paladin, Symon, remember? That excuse better be a good one.))

((In a fight between us two, unless we knock each other off in the first strike, we'll both be critically wounded so it'll be a close fight if anything, lol. And besides, excuses are Aurel's speciality. And hey! It worked out in the end. Also, horses.))

Equip the Talon Amulet and approach the two dragonborn in silence.

Edit: ((What potion did I manage to steal?))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((In a fight between us two, unless we knock each other off in the first strike, we'll both be critically wounded so it'll be a close fight if anything, lol. And besides, excuses are Aurel's speciality. And hey! It worked out in the end. Also, horses.))

You check the potion and realise you grabbed a (?) potion of eladrin shape!

((Mostly waiting on something before I update... Or in this case, someone to respond to me. Yes, Archuther's voice is returning as one of the two dragonborn))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Symon sighs, having not managed to speak with Thyra all day, due mostly to his shyness than anything else. But his mood picks up as he sees the shield with Bahamut's sign on it, and he urges the horses on a bit more before calling out, "Hello!"

The copper one turns his head, notices the holy symbol. The other turns his head and sees you both as well. They both continue to argue.

"Rax, I swear by the Platnium Dragon, if you get us kicked out of the next town over your drunken brawls again, Otaria and Dar'Jeeki will be the least of your worries."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keeps silent with his hands behind his back and looks at Symon as if waiting for something.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The copper one turns his head, notices the holy symbol. The other turns his head and sees you both as well. They both continue to argue.

"Rax, I swear by the Platnium Dragon, if you get us kicked out of the next town over your drunken brawls again, Otaria and Dar'Jeeki will be the least of your worries."

Symon stops the cart and jumps out of it to join the pair, saying, "What's the matter? I wouldn't take Bahamut's name so lightly, friend."

Keeps silent with his hands behind his back and looks at Symon as if waiting for something.

Symon pretends not to notice Aurel's look.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The copper one turns his head towards you.

"Kid, I see you follow the Platinum Dragon as well, but this is no concern of yours. And I don't take it lightly. After those creatures attacked us last night, I'm reminding Rax here that we shouldn't get kicked out of town again if we ever plan on getting back to Loudwater again."

His fists clench as he says this.

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

oh? Really Who Lurr?  taunts Rax
( i posted slowly sorry)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The copper one turns his head towards you.

"Kid, I see you follow the Platinum Dragon as well, but this is no concern of yours. And I don't take it lightly. After those creatures attacked us last night, I'm reminding Rax here that we shouldn't get kicked out of town again if we ever plan on getting back to Loudwater again."

His fists clench as he says this.

"Creatures of shadow, right? We too have been attacked by them before, but strangely enough they didn't fight us the last few nights."
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 344