Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342947 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

"We've encountered these same shadow beasts ourselves, and they are quite fearsome. Two of our number have fallen already; I pray that your journey goes a bit more smoothly. And now our comrade is sick and desperatly needs something called 'prince root'..."

Weston shook his head. "Ah, but you don't need to hear our troubles. Do you have any idea who those bounty hunters are after? We might run into them or their quarry ourselves, and it can't hurt to be prepared."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

The elf scratches his head.

"They've been mostly taking out small time wanted men. Usually independent thieves and the odd murderer and bandit gang. They claim they took down a dragon, but the hide they had clearly showed it was a wyrmling or a very young adolescent. I think they're a joke. I'm certain your group would run circles around them before they even landed a hit. I heard rumors though, of a giant, humanlike creature that is in the area though, and the captain of the guard said to have found bodies found in remote areas. No one seems to have survived the attacks yet. They're found butchered and ripped apart, some farther off from the others are seen with large holes in them as if they were hit with a ballista arrow about twice the thickness of my arm and went clean through him. You would think the captain would've done something about it at first, but he said that he sent out a squad already and they failed to return to report the next morning. I think that may be the next target for their bounty, and I fear we won't hear from them again if they go."
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

"What the flaming f&^$% balls is a potion of f^&$%ing Eladrin shape?"
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I think Aurel has one. I don't have the character builder open as my laptop is doing some extensive fixing (virus tried to hit me but I'm doing a series of full scans, plus bedtime for class in the morning) but I'm sure it's a "look like this" for awhile. I don't think there's one for any other race though))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

"Rather simple, Cromwell. It makes you look like an Eladrin to foreign eyes for a short period of time. Useful if you have a brain to use it.

Now my good men, I would like to ask about the price of this amulet of protection and what the talon amulet does. Also, I'm not in for strong stuff after seeing what happened to our party with alcohols. I would like to inquire about your normal elven wine price."

Check how light the defenses are of the caravan and whether there's some way to steal something, without actually stealing anything yet. ((thought I had to specify))

((How much money does Aurel have anyways, after that captain robbed me of most of it?))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Do I even have money?))
The Derail Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl pays the price and tucks the potion away. Perhaps it might be useful someday, if they need to convince something to stop attempting to eat them.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Rather simple, Cromwell. It makes you look like an Eladrin to foreign eyes for a short period of time. Useful if you have a brain to use it.

Now my good men, I would like to ask about the price of this amulet of protection and what the talon amulet does. Also, I'm not in for strong stuff after seeing what happened to our party with alcohols. I would like to inquire about your normal elven wine price."

Check how light the defenses are of the caravan and whether there's some way to steal something, without actually stealing anything yet. ((thought I had to specify))

((How much money does Aurel have anyways, after that captain robbed me of most of it?))
((Just a note, I will not have access to the internet for the next several hours, so only updates from my phone for awhile))
The wine is 10gp and the amulet is more then you can afford right now (You have 104gp, it costs 360).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There seems to be no one else except the three of them. You judge that you could easily steal something if you tried hard enough and they were talking to others. Since one is speaking to Thyra, one is speaking to Weston and the last to Karl now, you guess that now would be a good opportunity to steal something.

Karl pays the price and tucks the potion away. Perhaps it might be useful someday, if they need to convince something to stop attempting to eat them.
You buy a potion of Feyspeak.

((Do I even have money?))
You have 59gp

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Puff cheeks in thought and finally release air slowly through a small hole in the lips. Buy a bottle of said wine and then tuck it under, going to check the side/back of their wagons. Cut line of sight if possible.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Symon checks how much gold he has. He gets the feeling that it's not enough to buy that amulet.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Puff cheeks in thought and finally release air slowly through a small hole in the lips. Buy a bottle of said wine and then tuck it under, going to check the side/back of their wagons. Cut line of sight if possible.
You buy the bottle of wine from him. He then talks to Symon about the amulet. You head over to the side of the cart. (7+7+?) None of the elves notice you gaining concealment behind the cart.

Symon checks how much gold he has. He gets the feeling that it's not enough to buy that amulet.
You have 209gp. Not enough to buy the amulet. ((your cloak and the amulet fill the same slot btw))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If nobody is looking at me, check what's in the cart.

((I half expect a beaver to jump and maul my face.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Symon sighs and waits for Thyra to finish purchasing her herbs. Or whatever she's doing.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl asks the elf he is talking to about anything strange or noteworthy they've seen along their route so far, and warns them to be very careful and bring more guards if they want to chance the mountains to the north.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait until everyone else is done.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 344