Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 343144 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): On the Road Again
« Reply #2445 on: March 27, 2014, 12:15:34 am »

((Alright, I guess that means we head to the mountain now, or what?))
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: March 27, 2014, 02:19:38 am »

Karl's eyes narrow as he listens to Aurel, but he politely acts as if he's heard nothing.

((I think we're continuing on? No one's agreed with Karl's suggestion, at least.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: March 27, 2014, 09:36:48 am »

Karl's eyes narrow as he listens to Aurel, but he politely acts as if he's heard nothing.

((I think we're continuing on? No one's agreed with Karl's suggestion, at least.))

((Aurel definitely agreed with stopping to wait for the storm to pass.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: March 27, 2014, 10:05:56 am »

((One thing I need to ask of everyone next time is to please give us everyone's opinion on a situation. This will probably stop ties in where we are going rather then assumed silence))
The party continues on the road. A decent distance is made before the sun begins to set, but the storm rages on. On the bright side, you made progess. The bad news, is you're not very far away from the mountain you left two days ago. (16+2) (13+2) (16+1) (12+3) (10+6) (17+1 ((I halved the penalty for being cold since you're covered but platemail is metal and that stuff gets really cold))) (7+2)

Everyone except Thyra is chilly, because she is freezing. She's shivering with the cold and is trying to keep herself warm by rubbing her arms. Does the party advance through the night or stop here?

((Pretty sure everyone ignored him talking to Cromwell))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: March 27, 2014, 10:12:15 am »

Eventually Symon stutters, "W-weren't we l-l-looking for s-shelter?"

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: March 27, 2014, 11:07:24 am »

Karl barks a short laugh. "Seen any worth calling as such? But now we need to actively find shelter - I think we all need to warm up."

He checks on Nadarr and makes sure the dragonborn is as covered as possible before starting to circle the wagon at increasing distances to find some place they can rest safely.

((He won't ride out of line of sight of the wagon.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: March 27, 2014, 11:12:21 am »

((I said I wanted to stop BEFORE I went to whisper to Cromwell. So much butchering of posts.))

"I agree. We should stop and warm up, maybe even wait for the storm to pass."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: March 27, 2014, 12:10:30 pm »

((I said I wanted to stop BEFORE I went to whisper to Cromwell. So much butchering of posts.))

"I agree. We should stop and warm up, maybe even wait for the storm to pass."
((They still ignored it))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: March 27, 2014, 04:57:07 pm »

((Didn't realise Karl posted as well))
You travel for about ten minutes, slowly, before you end up finding a clearing with several recently fallen trees. Thyra says if Symon, Karl and any others willing to help lift it, they could make a small shelter from the rain within the hour. She goes towards it everyone realizes these trees weren't just knocked over or fell, they were cut. The evidence is the near perfect cuts where they came from and the amount of sawdust and splinters covering the area around the stumps. They're wet but the wood isn't green. You assume them to have been cut yesterday or the day before.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: March 27, 2014, 04:58:59 pm »

You travel for about ten minutes, slowly, before you end up finding a clearing with several recently fallen trees. Thyra says if Symon, Karl and any others willing to help lift it, they could make a small shelter from the rain within the hour. She goes towards it everyone realizes these trees weren't just knocked over or fell, they were cut. The evidence is the near perfect cuts where they came from and the amount of sawdust and splinters covering the area around the stumps. They're wet but the wood isn't green. You assume them to have been cut yesterday or the day before.

Go over and help Thyra lift it, checking the Kruthik from a distance afterwards.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: March 27, 2014, 05:03:07 pm »

Symon helps move the trees as well.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: March 27, 2014, 05:33:58 pm »

Karl helps move the trees at Thyra's commands, eager to have something over his head to keep him dry.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: March 27, 2014, 10:44:30 pm »

Cromwell is puny and weak in the physical department, but tries to help anyway.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: March 28, 2014, 10:58:51 am »

Go over and help Thyra lift it, checking the Kruthik from a distance afterwards.
Symon helps move the trees as well.
Karl helps move the trees at Thyra's commands, eager to have something over his head to keep him dry.
Cromwell is puny and weak in the physical department, but tries to help anyway.
You all attempt to help Thyra build a shelter. (FUMBLE) (11+1) (18+3) (4+1) You all start to build a shelter, but Aurel gets distracted by the Kruthik and slips, forcing the tree to fall on top of the one helping him with said log! (?) Thyra takes (29) damage and is in critical condition! She has 1hp left! ((oh dear god that was brutal... Almost max damage on a 3d10 tree...)). Symon and the others help the tree off of her and she heals herself with her song and her second wind. Blatant rage is drawn on her face as she stands up and confronts the Vryloka.

"Could you have picked a better time to get distracted?"

Immediately, she kicks you in the crotch. You are stunned (save ends), prone, and take (7) damage and claim it felt like max damage on a 12d8.

You all continue with building the shelter with Aurel recovering for a minute and get it up in less then half an hour. Its very primitive, but its dry. You set up a small fire with the hunter's flint and have a little cover over it to shield it from the storm, but high enough that it doesn't catch fire. Thyra says she will not take watch with Aurel but will gladly with anyone else, especially after the tree incident. The storm does not stop its downpour.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: March 28, 2014, 03:32:30 pm »

"Oh, no. I *insist* I take watch with Thyra. I'm confident she's not through with me."

Blatantly put both hands on crotch.

((Sooo, did I actually see anything about the Kruthik?))
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 344