Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 343281 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): In Murann...
« Reply #2160 on: March 20, 2014, 08:56:23 pm »

Cromwell heads off to his room.
You leave Nadarr and Symon at the table and head to your room.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: March 21, 2014, 12:28:08 am »

((What do the Psyweave Cloak and Defensive Armor do?))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: March 21, 2014, 12:43:23 am »

((I believe that fast updates are best as long as you don't forget anybody and double check [use different tabs?].))

"60 gold for a single potion of healing! In the name of the Raven Queen that is..."

Use Charming Gaze on the shopkeeper and haggle with her, seeing how low I can get the price.

((If you want me to do it manually, I can, but it'll take longer.))

After I've finished haggling, buy 3 potions if the price is still 50+. 4 if it's 40 or below. Afterwards head out and search for an abandoned building inside the city. Also keep an eye on whether any red-cloaks might be in the city. Or anybody wishing Aurel ill for that matter.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: March 21, 2014, 02:49:31 am »

((It got lost in the shuffle, but Karl would also like to negotiate on the price of sunrods with his shopkeeper.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: March 21, 2014, 08:39:44 am »

((I believe that fast updates are best as long as you don't forget anybody and double check [use different tabs?].))

"60 gold for a single potion of healing! In the name of the Raven Queen that is..."

Use Charming Gaze on the shopkeeper and haggle with her, seeing how low I can get the price.

((If you want me to do it manually, I can, but it'll take longer.))

After I've finished haggling, buy 3 potions if the price is still 50+. 4 if it's 40 or below. Afterwards head out and search for an abandoned building inside the city. Also keep an eye on whether any red-cloaks might be in the city. Or anybody wishing Aurel ill for that matter.
You attempt to negotiate a price. The shop owner laughs at you for a second and says (?) that the prices of the other apothecaries extend well over 100gp for their potions of healing. They say you're lucky you aren't being charged 75gp. (12+12+4) But you do manage a compromise, and they offer it to you for 50gp. You buy 3, and walk out. You see a man pass by you and he sees you putting in the potions of healing. He nudges you as you walk out and he follows you for a couple steps and asks:

"Hey, how much did you buy those potions for?"

((It got lost in the shuffle, but Karl would also like to negotiate on the price of sunrods with his shopkeeper.))
He says again, they're in high demand and his starting price is 10gp for a pair, and 50gp for a dozen. (13+9) But he notices how big of a guy you are after hearing how outrageous his price is, and then drops it down to 7gp per pair, 35gp for a dozen.

((What do the Psyweave Cloak and Defensive Armor do?))
((Remember Symon's cloak of resistance? Psyweave cloak is the same, except its augmentable to get +10 resist all

Defensive armor
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
With all this gear I'm seeing, Psions seem to have a lot of gear they can augment...))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: March 21, 2014, 09:13:02 am »

Symon heads up into his room to hide take his money bag and head out into the market.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: March 21, 2014, 09:13:33 am »

If I can, use Charming gaze on this fellow.

"I got them for 75 gold per potion. Why do you ask, my good man? Is something wrong with them?"

Bluff check!
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: March 21, 2014, 09:22:13 am »

((No point in getting that stuff since I'm pretty sure I can't augment anything.
How about the Brooch of Shielding?))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: March 21, 2014, 09:38:11 am »

If I can, use Charming gaze on this fellow.

"I got them for 75 gold per potion. Why do you ask, my good man? Is something wrong with them?"

Bluff check!
(13+10 vs ?) He looks at you and laughs.

"Buddy, you got ripped off. Don't bother buying anything from here unless you want "special" potions. The guy here rips everyone off."

Symon heads up into his room to hide take his money bag and head out into the market.
You walk out and head to the market. You see Thyra walking about. She doesn't notice you.

((No point in getting that stuff since I'm pretty sure I can't augment anything.
How about the Brooch of Shielding?))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: March 21, 2014, 09:43:41 am »

You walk out and head to the market. You see Thyra walking about. She doesn't notice you.

Symon decides to act casual. By quickly ducking into a nearby alleyway and hoping that she doesn't see him.

((Please don't be a stealth check, please don't be a stealth check, please don't be a stealth check.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: March 21, 2014, 09:44:29 am »

With an annoyed face brush past the man and try to pickpocket him. If I fail, run away.

If I succeed without him noticing, look at how well defended the apothecary is and for nearby guards and check for a back entrance in the Apothecary that isn't being monitored.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: March 21, 2014, 10:00:00 am »

((Now that seems pretty useful!))

Weston makes a light-hearted attempt to haggle the price down. Whether it succeeds or fails, buy the Brooch of Shielding and equip it. After that, leave the shop and...um...look for something interesting to do.

((My mind went blank. Sorry!))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: March 21, 2014, 10:01:27 am »

Karl drops a bag on the table and places his pouch on the table next to it with a jingle. "I'll take four dozen." He says with a smile.

((Karl should check them at random to make sure that he is getting all sunrods, and not a few sunrods and a lot of fakes.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: March 21, 2014, 10:05:34 am »

With an annoyed face brush past the man and try to pickpocket him. If I fail, run away.

If I succeed without him noticing, look at how well defended the apothecary is and for nearby guards and check for a back entrance in the Apothecary that isn't being monitored.

You attempt to pick his pocket. (13+10) You succeed, and steal 90gp and a note inside his coin purse. Its a shopping list

You assess the area. There appears to be no backdoor, being a cheaply made store. You DO notice a cellar. The lock seems too complex. There doesn't seem to be many guards right now.

Symon decides to act casual. By quickly ducking into a nearby alleyway and hoping that she doesn't see him.

((Please don't be a stealth check, please don't be a stealth check, please don't be a stealth check.))
She starts to turn her head as you head off. (FUMBLE) She watches you trip and fall on your face. She walks up to you and shakes her head.

"Now you're following me. I'm flattered, but you don't have to protect me. You may as well come with me."

She extends a hand to help you up.

((Now that seems pretty useful!))

Weston makes a light-hearted attempt to haggle the price down. Whether it succeeds or fails, buy the Brooch of Shielding and equip it. After that, leave the shop and...um...look for something interesting to do.

((My mind went blank. Sorry!))
You attempt to haggle the price down. (7+7) He shakes his head and keeps the price as is. You buy it anyway and equip it. You head out and see Symon fall flat on his face and Thyra offering to help him up.

Karl drops a bag on the table and places his pouch on the table next to it with a jingle. "I'll take four dozen." He says with a smile.

((Karl should check them at random to make sure that he is getting all sunrods, and not a few sunrods and a lot of fakes.))
You do so, and the merchant is honest despite his pricres and the sunrods, checking each one, are real.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: March 21, 2014, 10:09:33 am »

Search for an abandoned warehouse inside the city and keep an eye out for anybody that seems worthy of interest.

((Symon's luck with Thyra is really rotten, isn't it? *chuckle*))
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 344