Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 343182 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): In Murann...
« Reply #2115 on: March 20, 2014, 02:57:53 pm »

You pray. (?) you hear a voice that is familiar but you cannot tell if it is in your head or someone actually speaking to you. It faintly tells you to beware of the shadows and do not let rage and justice consume you, as it has done in the past to many others before you.

Symon looks around confused to see if anybody is speaking to him or if someone heard the voice as well.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: March 20, 2014, 02:58:05 pm »

((It's ok.))
"God d&^% it, it's one of these places that aren't even use to 5th dimensional travel."
Cromwell grumbles to himself.
Loiter around the area, maybe make myself look appeasing to muggers to I can kick their a$$#$, since I don't have money to lose, anyway.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: March 20, 2014, 03:01:02 pm »

Go to the Arcane shop and have a look around
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: March 20, 2014, 03:06:30 pm »

Check out the potions of healing. Also check how much gold I have.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: March 20, 2014, 03:19:45 pm »

You pray. (?) you hear a voice that is familiar but you cannot tell if it is in your head or someone actually speaking to you. It faintly tells you to beware of the shadows and do not let rage and justice consume you, as it has done in the past to many others before you.

Symon looks around confused to see if anybody is speaking to him or if someone heard the voice as well.
You catch a glimpse of an old man in old brown robes with what looks like tiny yellow birds flying around him. You blink and he's gone.

((It's ok.))
"God d&^% it, it's one of these places that aren't even use to 5th dimensional travel."
Cromwell grumbles to himself.
Loiter around the area, maybe make myself look appeasing to muggers to I can kick their a$$#$, since I don't have money to lose, anyway.
Despite being in Amn still, there doesn't seem to be many muggers here.

((When I have the info, I'll post it, I don't have it right now))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: March 20, 2014, 03:21:47 pm »

Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: March 20, 2014, 03:22:03 pm »

You catch a glimpse of an old man in old brown robes with what looks like tiny yellow birds flying around him. You blink and he's gone.

Symon makes a religion check to see if he'd recognize anything significant about the man.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: March 20, 2014, 03:27:11 pm »

((Probably the fact that those birds were dragons  ;)))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: March 20, 2014, 04:43:17 pm »

You see Weston in there. You don't have enough money for anything either
Go to magic store, sell Grot's sword. Also look at what's on display.
The shop keeper gives you a price of 420gp, but he then realises its barely used, and offers a little more at 480gp.

You have 454gp and you can buy potions of healing for 60gp each.

Symon makes a religion check to see if he'd recognize anything significant about the man.
(?) Despite your knowledge of faith, you cannot recall anything about him. You ask the priest and he says he didn't even see a man walk in, nor walk out.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 04:46:50 pm by highmax28 »

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: March 20, 2014, 04:48:59 pm »

Leave and go into the inn again. Look about the common room.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: March 20, 2014, 04:54:53 pm »

(?) Despite your knowledge of faith, you cannot recall anything about him. You ask the priest and he says he didn't even see a man walk in, nor walk out.

Symon is obviously shaken by the mysterious old man, and spends several more minutes praying before returning to the inn. Mostly because he doesn't have any money on him and thus can't buy anything.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: March 20, 2014, 05:09:00 pm »

Symon is obviously shaken by the mysterious old man, and spends several more minutes praying before returning to the inn. Mostly because he doesn't have any money on him and thus can't buy anything.
((You have 209gp?))
You pray for a little longer and return to the Inn. Thyra is finishing up on her songs and...

Leave and go into the inn again. Look about the common room.
You see Symon walk in and he sees you. You both sit down and Thyra joins you after a minute and takes a quick meal.

"I'm guessing we're heading out soon? The inn keeper is happy with the amount of people I brought in and I can leave when we're ready."

It is roughly 2pm. That night killed a lot of your time with sleep and the wandering took some time.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: March 20, 2014, 05:20:01 pm »

Nadarr looks up at her.

Perhaps. But we should wait for the others to return in the mean time. While we wait, do you want to play together as I offered before? I understand if you have played enough to fill you, but the option is yours

Nadarr gives her an easy, relaxed grin
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: March 20, 2014, 05:25:17 pm »

((Er? I do use the Vanguard shortsword, when it's not semi-suicidal to charge.))

While the others are out, Karl leaves to do a little looking around himself. Given this town is part of Amn, there's no doubt a local band of thieves.

((Look around for the local thieves who are no doubt keeping an eye on the party. If I find one, diplomatically inform them how unwise it would be to try to boost anything. If he gets mouthy, intimidate him with a clinical explanation of how many body parts can be removed before someone goes to meet the Raven Queen, and Nadarr's new pet's need for food. Assuming the first part goes correctly, ask about any red-cloaked strangers in town, and offer a small 20g reward if he finds one matching our previous attackers.

Once done hassling the local criminals, Karl should go find the magic item shop and ask about their stock of sunrods.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: March 20, 2014, 05:34:32 pm »

Nadarr looks up at her.

Perhaps. But we should wait for the others to return in the mean time. While we wait, do you want to play together as I offered before? I understand if you have played enough to fill you, but the option is yours

Nadarr gives her an easy, relaxed grin
(?) She laughs a little bit and shakes her head.

"You must enjoy playing that flute of yours. I must apologize; not right now, but perhaps later we can."

She looks a little exhausted to the both of you after she finishes drinking a bit of water.

((Er? I do use the Vanguard shortsword, when it's not semi-suicidal to charge.))

While the others are out, Karl leaves to do a little looking around himself. Given this town is part of Amn, there's no doubt a local band of thieves.

((Look around for the local thieves who are no doubt keeping an eye on the party. If I find one, diplomatically inform them how unwise it would be to try to boost anything. If he gets mouthy, intimidate him with a clinical explanation of how many body parts can be removed before someone goes to meet the Raven Queen, and Nadarr's new pet's need for food. Assuming the first part goes correctly, ask about any red-cloaked strangers in town, and offer a small 20g reward if he finds one matching our previous attackers.

Once done hassling the local criminals, Karl should go find the magic item shop and ask about their stock of sunrods.))
You look around town, always keeping an eye at your back. No one seems to be following you... But you DO notice a crow with strange eyes that seems to appear when you look hard enough. Its there but never close enough. You hope its just hungry and not a spy. You ask around about red cloaked people and only a rumor about a lady at an inn telling a tale about a group of adventurers fighting Vryloka in red cloaks led by a vampire. No names are mentioned when you ask, but the group seems to consist of a goblin cleric who killed the vampire, a human with dark power, a young and powerful monk with strength to crush his foes, a strong paladin, a dragonborn wizard with powers of fire and lightning, a sinister looking halfling and a half elf with an owl always not too far from him. As you walk off you can't help but laugh at the glorified versions of your party.

The general store seems to have enough sunrods. The gentleman says he has roughly 50 sunrods in stock right now, perhaps more, maybe less; he admits (with honesty) that he didn't count fully in awhile. He also mentions they're on high demand for the fear of these shadow creautres hunting the wilds at night. He hears that a band of bounty hunters in the area went missing and they are assumed to have been taken by the shadow creatures.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 05:42:52 pm by highmax28 »

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 344