Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 343104 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Mountain Maze (Day 2)
« Reply #2055 on: March 19, 2014, 05:49:28 pm »

((Don't worry, I probably need a crit or something to tame it. I'm more doing it because, at times, Nadarr is big headed.  :P))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: March 19, 2014, 05:49:45 pm »

He mumbles as he stands up then says woozily
Thanks
He waits for wozziness to clear, then says
I'm not letting that thing get away with this! I'm a match for it in strength alone, I bet!
Try to tame that thing, then if (when) I fail, look disgruntled.

Symon nods and then goes to collect his flail and try to get the cart back into order.

((Didn't Highmax mention earlier that Symon had the highest Nature skill in the party or something?))

((Thyra, Weston and you have the highest chance of taming it from what I know.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: March 19, 2014, 05:50:57 pm »

((Don't worry, I probably need a crit or something to tame it. I'm more doing it because, at times, Nadarr is big headed.  :P))

((Ah. Excellent.))

((Thyra, Weston and you have the highest chance of taming it from what I know.))

((Okay. I guess we're all a bunch of city-slickers then, since I certainly don't have Nature trained.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: March 19, 2014, 05:54:55 pm »

((Ah. Excellent.))

((Okay. I guess we're all a bunch of city-slickers then, since I certainly don't have Nature trained.))

((Actually, just checked. My nature isn't actually that bad  ???

But hey, I'd still probably need a high roll.))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: March 19, 2014, 05:57:10 pm »

If Symon Failed: Go check Nadarr's purse and get a platinum from it, mumbling quietly "payment for those potions."

If Symon Succeeded: Try to tame the Kruthik.
The faceplate flies out of his bag and starts pushing you as you walk towards the two healing the dragonborn. Thyra looks up and Symon and smiles.

"You're full of surprises aren't you?"

You decide against the coin purse as he wakes up and go over to the Kruthik. Thyra looks at you strangle as you bend over and begin to try and tame it... You use your rope for a second so it doesn't rip off your face.

(FUMBLE) (10+2) You fail to tame the Kruthik and get a claw, taking (2) damage! Its still bound up tight.

((I realised the DC I put on it is attainable by everyone, but only Symon, Karl and Thyra have the best chances at taming it (6/4/12 nature respectively). I;m also ruling crits are double sucesses and fumbles are double failures for checks like these.))

((Thank' en you Symon!))

He mumbles as he stands up then says woozily
Thanks. Fine.
He waits for wozziness to clear, then says
I'm not letting that thing get away with this! I'm a match for it in strength alone, I bet!
Try to tame that thing, then if (when) I fail, look disgruntled.
You attempt to tame the beast. (18+4) (7+4) (13+4) (16+4) (19+4) (18+4) You succeed in taming the beast! The kruthik snaps a little bit at you but you manage to keep it from biting you. With a quick glance, and being a reptile of a sorts yourself, you realize it is (?) female. Are you gonig to name your newly tamed Kruthik Adult?

((Ah. Excellent.))

((Excluding Thyra, you have the highest nature of the party at 6))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: March 19, 2014, 05:57:51 pm »

((Holy sugar muffins. I....did not expext that..))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: March 19, 2014, 05:59:36 pm »

((Holy sugar muffins. I....did not expext that..))
((Neither did I. Then again, looking back, you tie Karl for nature))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: March 19, 2014, 05:59:50 pm »

Brush head, clean up a bit, drink a potion and go to Thyra, enchanting her with my Charming Gaze.

"Lady Thyra, in the name of this group and all who have wondered at your majestic beauty that stops even the mightiest of lions, I feel the need to behest how many years ago it was that such a magnificence came to bless this world. Would you grace us with your knowledge, lady Thyra?"

((Finally!))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: March 19, 2014, 06:03:45 pm »

((Hehe, Aurel's been waiting a while for that!))

Nadarr looks at his new found companion, never having doubted that he would tame the beast.

I name you..Elthia. May you serve me well
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: March 19, 2014, 06:08:09 pm »

The faceplate flies out of his bag and starts pushing you as you walk towards the two healing the dragonborn. Thyra looks up and Symon and smiles.

Symon blushes a bit and stutters, "S-s-sorry. Brother N-n-n-nazariy taught h-h-h-herblore."

Brush head, clean up a bit, drink a potion and go to Thyra, enchanting her with my Charming Gaze.

"Lady Thyra, in the name of this group and all who have wondered at your majestic beauty that stops even the mightiest of lions, I feel the need to behest how many years ago it was that such a magnificence came to bless this world. Would you grace us with your knowledge, lady Thyra?"

Symon stares at Aurel as he speaks, his blush rising a bit.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: March 19, 2014, 06:12:36 pm »

Karl shakes his head as he wipes blood of his sword. "You're in charge of keeping that thing fed, Nadarr. he grunts as he helps Symon with the first aid duties.

Karl snickers at Aurel. "Truly, Aurel? A gentleman never asks a lady her age."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: March 19, 2014, 06:16:38 pm »

((Finally!))
(4+12+4) She looks strangely at your choice of words.

"I'm assuming you're asking for my age... If you must know..."

She walks up to you and slaps you REALLY hard! You take (6) damage! She looks down at you.

"I have lived through 47 winters, Aurel... And a lesson you must know: never ask a woman for her age..."

She walks off and stands by her mount.

((Hehe, Aurel's been waiting a while for that!))

Nadarr looks at his new found companion, never having doubted that he would tame the beast.

I name you..Elthia. May you serve me well
She looks up at you as you say her name. (80%) She makes a non-threatening clicking noise. She seems to like the name.

Symon blushes a bit and stutters, "S-s-sorry. Brother N-n-n-nazariy taught h-h-h-herblore."

Symon stares at Aurel as he speaks, his blush rising a bit.
You watch Thyra slap Aurel, which made a loud crack as he hardly keeps his balance up. She looks at you as you speak about where you learned your healing methods.

"You seem to have lived with wise men, Symon. No need to apologize for that." She tries to put up a smile but you can still see anger on her face a little.

Karl shakes his head as he wipes blood of his sword. "You're in charge of keeping that thing fed, Nadarr. he grunts as he helps Symon with the first aid duties.

Karl snickers at Aurel. "Truly, Aurel? A gentleman never asks a lady her age."
"I'm glad some of you know how to speak to a woman."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: March 19, 2014, 06:19:06 pm »

You watch Thyra slap Aurel, which made a loud crack as he hardly keeps his balance up. She looks at you as you speak about where you learned your healing methods.

"You seem to have lived with wise men, Symon. No need to apologize for that." She tries to put up a smile but you can still see anger on her face a little.

Symon ducks his head and mumbles, "S-s-s-s-sorry."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: March 19, 2014, 06:20:26 pm »

Nadarr laughs in his mind, and then an idea for petty vengeance against Aurel's pranks forms in his mind.

He walks up to Thyra and says, using all the charisma and charm he can muster

I am truly sorry for Aurel's actions. Please, if there is anyway I can assist you, let me know. Again, very sorry. Perhaps I coud play some music with you sometime? I am no where near as good as you, lady, but my skill at the flute will pass.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: March 19, 2014, 06:27:14 pm »

Nadarr laughs in his mind, and then an idea for petty vengeance against Aurel's pranks forms in his mind.

He walks up to Thyra and says, using all the charisma and charm he can muster

I am truly sorry for Aurel's actions. Please, if there is anyway I can assist you, let me know. Again, very sorry. Perhaps I coud play some music with you sometime? I am no where near as good as you, lady, but my skill at the flute will pass.
(19+8) "Thank you Nadarr, but please let me be for now. It is late and I don't think we should linger here for much longer."

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 344