Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342681 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Moutain Maze
« Reply #1725 on: February 25, 2014, 12:50:09 pm »

Whisper to Symon before going to sleep.

"Keep a close watch on her. Last thing I need is her spear up our backs. Be wary of Archuther. Something tells me we're not quite through with him."

Symon looks at Aurel with an expression between disbelief and confusion, "I will."

The three on watch first settle for the night. Unfortunatley, Cromwell's sunrod dies out now and the night covers the area in total darkness. Thyra tosses a sunrod out in the road to keep some light up, but its far enough not to disturb sleep. She sings a lullaby to help deepen the sleep. You hear a few noises in the night, but nothing like the screeching. After the first song ends, she looks at Weston, then Symon with a grin and kind of wisper-talks.

"So tell me about yourselves. Where are you from?"

Symon is sitting with his back to Thyra, his hood pulled low over his face. However every so often he glances over his shoulder at her. "Imp-p-p-p-p-piltur," he stammers in response to her question.
(19%) (12%) You words turn into mumbles and you realise you said the wrong thing entirely. Luckily, she didn't hear you
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: February 25, 2014, 12:56:42 pm »

(19%) (12%) You words turn into mumbles and you realise you said the wrong thing entirely. Luckily, she didn't hear you

Symon sinks his head lower and lapses into silence, hoping that Weston will talk.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: February 25, 2014, 01:15:10 pm »

((This is where Weston completely refuses to talk with her for his entire watch, simply so Symon has to speak  :P))

Casts Light where it won't interrupt sleep, if that is above the sunrod then that will do.

This should light the area without a need for wasting unneedfully. Light sources are precious, and I assume that this one won't go out when I am asleep, though I don't know, never having been able to see of course.

Nadarr lies on the ground and tries to get comfortable. As he shifts he says:

Wake me for my watch if you please, then goes to sleep.((At last!))

As Nadarr slips into slumber, his faceplate scurries insect-like with its many-appendaged legs until it rests on top of his sleeping form. It then settles in for its own, personal and small watch.

((My pants! No one else owns them!))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: February 25, 2014, 01:26:36 pm »

((This is where Weston completely refuses to talk with her for his entire watch, simply so Symon has to speak  :P))

Casts Light where it won't interrupt sleep, if that is above the sunrod then that will do.

This should light the area without a need for wasting unneedfully. Light sources are precious, and I assume that this one won't go out when I am asleep, though I don't know, never having been able to see of course.

As Nadarr slips into slumber, his faceplate scurries insect-like with its many-appendaged legs until it rests on top of his sleeping form. It then settles in for its own, personal and small watch.

((It floats?))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: February 25, 2014, 01:30:37 pm »

Weston decided to take pity on the cleric (again. Curse his soft heart!).

"Well, I'm from the realm of Akanul. Home of the genasi, those wonderful people who embody the elements themselves. I sometimes wonder if they had something to do with why my powers work the way they do."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: February 25, 2014, 01:41:39 pm »

Weston decided to take pity on the cleric (again. Curse his soft heart!).

"Well, I'm from the realm of Akanul. Home of the genasi, those wonderful people who embody the elements themselves. I sometimes wonder if they had something to do with why my powers work the way they do."
"I have never been there yet, but I mean to do so. I have met a few genasi before though.

And you, Symon?"

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: February 25, 2014, 01:45:52 pm »

((It floats?))

((It has insect-like finger things too. Well, that's how I read it :P))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: February 25, 2014, 01:46:38 pm »

"I have never been there yet, but I mean to do so. I have met a few genasi before though.

And you, Symon?"

Symon tries to reply again, "Imp-p-p-p-p-piltur."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: February 25, 2014, 06:34:08 pm »

And you, Symon?"

Symon tries to reply again, "Imp-p-p-p-p-piltur."
(90%) (65%) You say your words quite clearly, despite the stuttering. She smiles and nods.

"I've sailed on the ocean before, but I have yet to visit there. I would love to visit there one time. If you don't mind telling me, Symon, where exactly are you headed? Not many travel south of Amn."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: February 25, 2014, 07:21:30 pm »

(90%) (65%) You say your words quite clearly, despite the stuttering. She smiles and nods.

"I've sailed on the ocean before, but I have yet to visit there. I would love to visit there one time. If you don't mind telling me, Symon, where exactly are you headed? Not many travel south of Amn."

"A f-f-f-fortress," Symon stammers, not trusting his voice to say any more.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: February 25, 2014, 07:48:46 pm »

"A f-f-f-fortress," Symon stammers, not trusting his voice to say any more.
(78%) (99%) You somehow choke up the courage to speak better now. You no longer need the check to get your words proper, but you're still pretty shy on the whole situation and require a percentile for only being able to speak.

"A fortress? Hmm... I'm not familiar with any of those south of Amn. Perhaps you can give me a name of this place? Maybe I heard, or perhaps even sung stories about it and never realized it."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: February 25, 2014, 07:54:19 pm »

"A fortress? Hmm... I'm not familiar with any of those south of Amn. Perhaps you can give me a name of this place? Maybe I heard, or perhaps even sung stories about it and never realized it."

Symon shrugs, his shoulders hunched up as he tries to hide in his robes, "S-s-s-s-shadow t-thieves's f-f-fortress," Symon mumbles, his hood thankfully hiding his reddening face since he can't remember the name of the place.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: February 25, 2014, 10:10:02 pm »

Symon shrugs, his shoulders hunched up as he tries to hide in his robes, "S-s-s-s-shadow t-thieves's f-f-fortress," Symon mumbles, his hood thankfully hiding his reddening face since he can't remember the name of the place.
(27%) You fail to be able to bring up more then the word "fortress" but its mumbled so much, she can hear just enough. She looks at Weston after a helpless giggle from Symon's apparent shyness.

"He's not much of a talker, is he? I only heard "fortress" again."

((For the record:
"We used to call it Uristash... But now we call it Ana~Atayo... The Dead Homes..."
I know its a little much to remember, but if you want me to recall anything stated, I won't dock you for not looking back/not remembering. When we get to the fortress, expect a LOT of notes that may or may not be useful.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: February 25, 2014, 10:13:43 pm »

Weston laughed as well.

"He gets a bit more vocal in battle, but yes he tends to be fairly quiet. Anyway, we're headed to a ruined dwarven fortress known as 'The Dead Homes'. Though at the rate these shadow creatures attack us, it might be wise to turn around and try again once we refresh our supplies."

"So, what about yourself? Where does the elf known as Thyra hail from?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: February 25, 2014, 10:19:03 pm »

(27%) You fail to be able to bring up more then the word "fortress" but its mumbled so much, she can hear just enough. She looks at Weston after a helpless giggle from Symon's apparent shyness.

"He's not much of a talker, is he? I only heard "fortress" again."

Symon mumbles a quiet apology to Thyra. Even if he succeeded on his roll she wouldn't be able to make anything out.

((For the record:
"We used to call it Uristash... But now we call it Ana~Atayo... The Dead Homes..."
I know its a little much to remember, but if you want me to recall anything stated, I won't dock you for not looking back/not remembering. When we get to the fortress, expect a LOT of notes that may or may not be useful.))

((It's been a month and I haven't been taking notes. Sorry about that.))
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 344