Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342658 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Moutain Maze
« Reply #1695 on: February 24, 2014, 12:48:33 am »

TELEPORT, B^$#, I SWEAR IF SOMEONE TOUCHES MY REINDEER
You teleport and run back as fast as you can back to the cave! You made it, and the reindeer appears to be mingling with the elf's horse (aka standing close to it, kicking up dirt, etc). ((*rolls*)) the other horses are there as well, untouched but roaming.

((What ever happened to that potion that I stuffed down Cromwell's throat and my cleaning up?))

"I would have you excuse my companions, elf. As you can see, we just finished some gruesome business. Tell me. What brings you to such dangerous places?"

((So much for that potion. Can I at least get cleaned and say that?))
((Forgot the second time, didn't see the first time. And as I said, you said that without her there, but I'll act as if you said it now))
"Myself? I am traveling as a skald does and having my own journeys to add to my songs and tales I tell as I go. Bards do the same, but Skalds are more for the storytelling then the singing and dancing. For here in particular? I wish to cross the mountains, but I haven't gone tho way, though I have been south of Amn before. I also came last time, through the other way, so I am not sure my way through here. I admit, it is much easier heading to Athkatla then from. Although with the shadow creatures of late, it is a lesser known road. I will be honest, though I have told tales and know a bit about them, I have never actually SEEN one of these creatures. Perhaps when we return to the cave, you can tell me about them?"

She somehow manages to keep her hand up covering Nadarr the entire time with little effort. After she speaks, she walks over to a rock, puts up her spear and leans against the wall.

"I will wait until you are done cleaning up before we head off. I hear those creatures will come during the night, and I don't believe Cromwell would be fine on his own."

Cromwell:
As you let your reindeer with pride and relief that she's alright, you hear more screaming and screeching. It sounds closer, and you swear you hear something similar to fireworks going off; the bang, not the whistling. One last scream and the sound of metal being ripped apart is heard and then silence befalls the mountains. You hope that whatever it is, it goes away...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: February 24, 2014, 01:05:14 am »

Looks at her with a bemused look.

"Head off? Together? We've recently lost a lot of companions. The new ones tend not to last. I'd advice going the opposite way than us."

((Roll me a check on how she's dressed.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: February 24, 2014, 02:31:00 am »

((I'm assuming our traveler's kit comes with a spare set of regular clothes, at least))

Cleaned up, Karl goes around the corner and changes into his dry clothing before returning and beginning to strap on his battered but now clean armor.

"I have to agree with Aurel, m'lady. While there would normally be safety in numbers, we've been having more then our share of bad luck and odd occurrences. One of our companions committed suicide on seeing goblins, another died to an accident, only to return as one of those creatures of shadow to murder a third companion of ours. The last... was also taken by the shadows, though he's luckily not returned to haunt us yet."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: February 24, 2014, 04:42:24 am »

((I'm assuming our traveler's kit comes with a spare set of regular clothes, at least))

Cleaned up, Karl goes around the corner and changes into his dry clothing before returning and beginning to strap on his battered but now clean armor.

"I have to agree with Aurel, m'lady. While there would normally be safety in numbers, we've been having more then our share of bad luck and odd occurrences. One of our companions committed suicide on seeing goblins, another died to an accident, only to return as one of those creatures of shadow to murder a third companion of ours. The last... was also taken by the shadows, though he's luckily not returned to haunt us yet."

"Don't forget Grot as well. Took a bolt to his back and dropped dead on the spot. I think we've had our own fair share of misfortune. One wonders whom of us has angered Lady Luck so much."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: February 24, 2014, 05:41:55 am »

((That was #3 in the list. ;) ))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: February 24, 2014, 07:49:13 am »

((I thought it was Archuther.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: February 24, 2014, 08:13:07 am »

((I think the party is trying to forget about the insanely powerful shadow possessed space marine right now))

"Head off? Together? We've recently lost a lot of companions. The new ones tend not to last. I'd advice going the opposite way than us."

((?)) from what you can see, she is wearing chainmail that is suited for mounted combat. You can tell because the chainmail skirt goes over the sides of her legs but not in between her legs, which meets back up to her waist. She is wearing leather pants on top of that and riding boots. She also has a quiver on her side that is loaded with arrows. Nothing appears to be magical for her gear. Her long spear is made of wood that appears almost like it was the entire tree, not craved down, and the metal spearhead appears to be grown into the wood.

"Bad luck amongst your group? I've been rather lucky, so perhaps our luck will cancel each other out. And I feel as if I follow, and even aid you, that it would weave a tale worth the ears of lords. Unless you mean to go to the abyss, I'm sure I can handle myself... And I can probably keep you on your feet. When we return, I will show you what I can do."
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 09:00:10 am by highmax28 »

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: February 24, 2014, 09:33:35 am »

((I think the party is trying to forget about the insanely powerful shadow possessed space marine right now))

((?)) from what you can see, she is wearing chainmail that is suited for mounted combat. You can tell because the chainmail skirt goes over the sides of her legs but not in between her legs, which meets back up to her waist. She is wearing leather pants on top of that and riding boots. She also has a quiver on her side that is loaded with arrows. Nothing appears to be magical for her gear. Her long spear is made of wood that appears almost like it was the entire tree, not craved down, and the metal spearhead appears to be grown into the wood.

"Bad luck amongst your group? I've been rather lucky, so perhaps our luck will cancel each other out. And I feel as if I follow, and even aid you, that it would weave a tale worth the ears of lords. Unless you mean to go to the abyss, I'm sure I can handle myself... And I can probably keep you on your feet. When we return, I will show you what I can do."

"I am confident that action displays better than words, yet I would not mind to know what your skills are. I assume you can use the bow and spear adequately. Is there anything of magical nature that you can wield? And lastly, but not least and most important, how do we know we can trust you? 'Tis a dangerous world we live in nowadays, what with the living shadows roaming about."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: February 24, 2014, 11:51:16 am »

Nadarr notices her discomfort over his nakedness, and shrugs. He then gets out of the water and puts on his clothes, not minding about the wetness.

Indeed, we Dragonborns are a proud race. However, to protect sensitive eyes, I shall cover up. Your forgiveness if I was rude, Lady Nadarr inclines his head slightly, then turns to face Aurel.

I noticed you have the flute Grot once used. For seven gold coins I shall take the trinket off your hands, if you are willing.

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: February 24, 2014, 12:51:42 pm »

Nadarr notices her discomfort over his nakedness, and shrugs. He then gets out of the water and puts on his clothes, not minding about the wetness.

Indeed, we Dragonborns are a proud race. However, to protect sensitive eyes, I shall cover up. Your forgiveness if I was rude, Lady Nadarr inclines his head slightly, then turns to face Aurel.

I noticed you have the flute Grot once used. For seven gold coins I shall take the trinket off your hands, if you are willing.

"SOLD! It was a pleasure doing business with you. If the skald can sing, we're set to make plays."

Hand the Flute to Nadarr for 7 gold pieces.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: February 24, 2014, 12:59:45 pm »

Thank you

Nadarr takes the flute and raises it to his lips, testing it out by playing as lively a tune as I can.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: February 24, 2014, 02:21:43 pm »

Cromwell calls up from the cave.
"Did any of you guys hear that? The horses are fine, by the way!"
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: February 24, 2014, 03:06:17 pm »

Thank you

Nadarr takes the flute and raises it to his lips, testing it out by playing as lively a tune as I can.
You two make an exchange for 7 gold for a flute. Nadarr tries to play it. (?) It sounds pretty good, but nowhere near as good as the skald's singing.

"I am confident that action displays better than words, yet I would not mind to know what your skills are. I assume you can use the bow and spear adequately. Is there anything of magical nature that you can wield? And lastly, but not least and most important, how do we know we can trust you? 'Tis a dangerous world we live in nowadays, what with the living shadows roaming about."
She pulls a case out of her backpack and pulls out a harp case. She pulls out the harp and turns to Aurel as Nadarr now has pants on.

"Then I shall show you of my power here then."

She begins to sing a song about a bloody and brutal war that happened a long time ago. The words tell of great armies clashing, the thunder of hooves and the screams of dying men. The words give Aurel a +4 bonus to his next damage roll (not that it matters). Aurel's wounds also heal (4+surge)hp. You don't know how, but there is magic in her music.

After a minute of singing, she stops.

"And as for trust, you all chose to follow me here, so I believe you trust me enough as you say you must. And tell me, do I look like a shadow creatu-"

Her words get cut off as you hear Cromwell in the distance, followed by another screeching sound that ends in a sound like flesh being ripped apart, with the sounds of a different scream. Something is obviously busy this night.

"I don't know what you think, Master Aurel, but I beleive its time we headed back to that cave; Its better to have an easily defensible position. And you wouldn't leave a young elf lost in the mountains alone, would you?" The last bit she says with an almost puppy-dog look on her face.

Symon and Weston notice shes lying a little bit... Specifically about the "young" part, although she looks very young indeed.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: February 24, 2014, 03:23:29 pm »

(She's a mother&^%ing elf, of course she looks young. She could have banged your great grandfather, for all you know.)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: February 24, 2014, 03:23:42 pm »

-snip-

Symon stutters, "We'll p-p-p-p-p-p-, k-k-k-k-k-k-k-, make s-s-s-s-s-s-s," eventually he just settles for shaking his flail at the noises.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 344