Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342536 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Moutain Maze
« Reply #1590 on: February 20, 2014, 01:00:25 pm »

Cast Burning Hands upon SD1, then move East of SD3 and use Dragon Breath on it.

Just before Flame erupts from his mouth, Nadarr shouts:
Burn, you sons of shade!
You cast burning hands on SD1! (14+5) the attack hits, dealing (10+5) damage! SD1 fades away and a body is dropped as the shadow leaves, as the others were. You move up and breath fire on SD3! (18+5) your breath hits the shadow dwarf! (19+5) ... And the new guy. You deal (2+1) damage! The shadow dwarf screeches as the fires light him on fire! SD3 dies as well, and the corpse is a little charred now.

The shadow wall fades! You beleive you are safe... For this night.

The party gains 300xp each!

The party is covered in blood, entrails and, for some, vomit. The dwarves seem to be stripped of all possessions, and Grot's gear is still on the ground. What does the party do now? It is ~7-8pm.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: February 20, 2014, 01:02:32 pm »

Take any gems or gold of Grot's. Take his bag of holding, empty it, then put everything in my bag into it.

Hold up my old bag.

Anyone want a magical bag? I have no need of two.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 01:04:04 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: February 20, 2014, 01:11:16 pm »

Take any gems or gold of Grot's. Take his bag of holding, empty it, then put everything in my bag into it.

Hold up my old bag.

"I could use a bag to put everything you didn't take from Grot, to sell at a merchant later. I suppose we should make a grave for Grot and Archuther, but do we have the time to spare?"

Take the extra bag and put everything that Nadarr didn't take into into it.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: February 20, 2014, 01:31:46 pm »

Karl sits against a handy wall and gets his breath back, using the pommel of his short sword to hammer some of the smaller dents out of his armor.

"We can set up a small memorial to them, but the shadow didn't really leave anything of either of them behind to bury. I can't believe how powerful the shadow made Bouchart's corpse. When he was alive, I would have given even odds that I could beat him in a standup fight easily. Now he killed Grot with ease, despite all of us swarming him down. Worse, if anyone who is taken by the shadow returns so enhanced, think about what Lord Archuther would be like. If he returns for us, there's not a lot we could do to stop him."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: February 20, 2014, 01:41:33 pm »

Hold up my old bag.

You hoard 8 assorted gems and gain 15gold 2 silver.

Hold up my old bag.

"I could use a bag to put everything you didn't take from Grot, to sell at a merchant later. I suppose we should make a grave for Grot and Archuther, but do we have the time to spare?"

Take the extra bag and put everything that Nadarr didn't take into into it.
You now have a bag of holding and you shove all of Grot's useless junk in it:

- 36 pairs of socks
- short sword
- medic's short sword
- ritual book
- backpack
- belt pouch
- climbers kit
- crowbar
- filter mask
- flint and steel
- footpads
- bulls eye lantern
- 1 pint of oil
- shovel
- waterskin
- bedroll
- flute
- trail rations (29)
- wrathful symbol
- 50 residuum
- 2 coils of 50ft of hempen rope
- Hacksaw
- Potion of healing
- Chainmail (small)

Karl sits against a handy wall and gets his breath back, using the pommel of his short sword to hammer some of the smaller dents out of his armor.

"We can set up a small memorial to them, but the shadow didn't really leave anything of either of them behind to bury. I can't believe how powerful the shadow made Bouchart's corpse. When he was alive, I would have given even odds that I could beat him in a standup fight easily. Now he killed Grot with ease, despite all of us swarming him down. Worse, if anyone who is taken by the shadow returns so enhanced, think about what Lord Archuther would be like. If he returns for us, there's not a lot we could do to stop him."
As you repair your armor a little bit. You think the blood and entrails will take a bit of cleaning to remove the stains. As you finish your statement, you all hear faint screaming and the high pitched, but faint squeal that reminds you of nails on slate. The sound dies quickly though, and it sounds too far away to worry about. You only hope that does not arrive as you rest up.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: February 20, 2014, 01:41:40 pm »

"Gentlemen, I believe the value of our feet just went up."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: February 20, 2014, 01:46:37 pm »

"Gentlemen, I believe the value of our feet just went up."
((I forgot this))
inside the bag of holding, two books pop out. They appear to be ritual books containing:
- Pass without trace
- Tenser's floating disk

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: February 20, 2014, 02:07:09 pm »

"Well, thanks for scorching me, a&^hole, that should make the blood and vomit and black s^&* easier to scrape off."
Head back to my reindeer, brushing all the debris off of me.
"Anyone of you lot know where a f&^%ing portal gem is? This world blows hard, and smell like p&^#, amd my own powers only work short range. Surely you guys had the decency to store a collection of them in a city somewhere, right?"
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: February 20, 2014, 02:11:28 pm »

"Well, thanks for scorching me, a&^hole, that should make the blood and vomit and black s^&* easier to scrape off."
"Anyone of you lot know where a f&^%ing portal gem is? This world blows hard, and smell like p&^#, amd my own powers only work short range. Surely you guys had the decency to store a collection of them in a city somewhere, right?"
You try and clean yourself off. (15) you clean off most of the junk on your clothing but it's difficult to do since you lack enough water to wash them thoroughly. You're pretty sure your clothes will stain green and red unless you can get enough water

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: February 20, 2014, 02:15:46 pm »

Indeed. Grot deserves some recognition for his healing, much as a dog which has served deserves recognition. This is the best I can do, feel free to add to it.

Go outside where the ground is softer and stick a torch in it. Then, if I have a flint light it. If not, ask someone else to. Look around for any branches/trees. If I find one, see if I can make a flute of it with my dagger.

Go back in side, and hear the new-comer's words. Glare at him.

And who in blazes are you? If you feel like bitching, feel free to leave and fend for yourself against the Shade!

Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: February 20, 2014, 02:48:48 pm »

"Believe me, the smell and sights of this world have markedly worsened since you show up with your grisly habit of desecrating corpses by making them explode."

Karl straps his armor back on and clean off the chunkier remains. The blood and other fluids will need some time with a scouring brush.

"We need to find a town or city to rest up and find more supplies. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd like more sunrods for dealing with the weaker shadowspawn. You can come with us or take your chances, whoever you are."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: February 20, 2014, 02:59:27 pm »

Travel? Nadarr yawns. I don't think I could move another step. I'm...gonna...move to the back of the cave. Sleep. Tiring day. Night. Nadarr yawns. My Faceplate will protect me from...that accursed pants thief.

Moves to back of cave and promptly falls asleep, still covered in filth.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: February 20, 2014, 03:01:02 pm »

And who in blazes are you? If you feel like bitching, feel free to leave and fend for yourself against the Shade!

"I, good sir, am known as Cromwell Jackson, and I seem to have f^&#%ed up a spell again, and ended up here. Normally it's simple to warp back, but lately it's been pulling me back here, and now I'm stuck.
...I should really consider laying off the rum.
... ...And why do you sound exactly like me?"

Cromwell notices his mentioning a pants-thief.
"Who was that that tried that on me earlier?"
He shakes his fists about.

"We need to find a town or city to rest up and find more supplies. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd like more sunrods for dealing with the weaker shadowspawn. You can come with us or take your chances, whoever you are."
"Yes! A town! I need to find one as soon as possible, and here."
Cromwell pulls out his other sunrod and tosses it over.
"I don't know why I put two in there, must have forgotten the first one was already in it.
..Oh, and who's dagger is this again? I thought it would help me, but it doesn't seem to work."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: February 20, 2014, 03:03:53 pm »

Symon collapses onto the floor, retching quietly for several minutes before shakingly standing up.

"G-grot deserves a grave."

"I d-don't k-know."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: February 20, 2014, 03:09:51 pm »

Symon collapses onto the floor, retching quietly for several minutes before shakingly standing up.

"G-grot deserves a grave."

"I d-don't k-know."
(11+6-3) You get the foul taste of vomit but nothing really comes up. You're still rather queasy.

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 344