Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342475 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Moutain Maze
« Reply #1530 on: February 16, 2014, 11:12:26 pm »

((Wait a second...my Orb immobilized Bouchart. Wouldn't that make him unable to teleport? Or something?))
((Teleport ignores immobilization, which can get stupid for our friend mastacheese.))
((You have no idea, the first time I played with this character build, I had a GM who had run the exact same campaign against like 5 parties before ours, and he said that my character ticked him off, because a lot, and I mean a ton of enemies we focused on things like pinning heroes down and keeping them from moving. The whole team got tackled by monsters that grappled, and while he was in the middle of explaining all the penalties we had on us until we got free, I said "B*%^&, please, teleport." And I did. It was hilarious.))
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: February 16, 2014, 11:22:20 pm »

((Wait a second...my Orb immobilized Bouchart. Wouldn't that make him unable to teleport? Or something?))
((Teleport ignores immobilization, which can get stupid for our friend mastacheese.))
((You have no idea, the first time I played with this character build, I had a GM who had run the exact same campaign against like 5 parties before ours, and he said that my character ticked him off, because a lot, and I mean a ton of enemies we focused on things like pinning heroes down and keeping them from moving. The whole team got tackled by monsters that grappled, and while he was in the middle of explaining all the penalties we had on us until we got free, I said "B*%^&, please, teleport." And I did. It was hilarious.))
((Mastacheese, the King of Trolls?))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: February 17, 2014, 12:23:35 am »

((Mastacheese, the King of Trolls?))
((I've been called worse. The best part was when I intentionally triggered a trap that killed an enemy, and would have hit me at the same time, but I argued that my Misty Step would have activated right before it hit me, since they rolled worse on their reflex save.))
The Derail Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: February 17, 2014, 12:26:53 am »

((I've been called worse. The best part was when I intentionally triggered a trap that killed an enemy, and would have hit me at the same time, but I argued that my Misty Step would have activated right before it hit me, since they rolled worse on their reflex save.))

((You sound like a great person to play with, and an absolutely miserable one to GM. Awesome.))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: February 17, 2014, 02:42:34 am »

((And suddenly highmax regrets taking on mastahcheese, even as his forum handle becomes more clear.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: February 17, 2014, 09:05:49 am »

((And suddenly highmax regrets taking on mastahcheese, even as his forum handle becomes more clear.))
((Quite the opposite actually. I'll let him have freedom to try and use his teleport powers, but in some cases, he will either loose them (like inside the shadow walls) or there will be a percentile roll for timing with his teleport. Go right ahead mastacheese, feel free to try!

Sincerest apologies for the lack of an update, real life issues came up and lets just say I wasn't capable of updating without making a crap ton of mistakes cause I wouldn't have been thinking straight. I'll update as soon as I can))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: February 17, 2014, 07:52:13 pm »

((Geeze. Someone kill him before he gets another move in. Sadly, it won't be me.))

((Minor: Divine Challenge SD5
  Movement: Stand up.
  Standard Action: Holy Strike, SD5))

"Finish off Bouchart quickly, I could use some more help here!"
You stand up after divine challenging SD5. You strike at her! (10+7) you hit, dealing (6+2) radiant damage! The shadow dwarf burns and screeches!

SD5 begins his vengance! He swings his axe at Karl! He hits, dealing (4) damage!

SD3 begins his turn! He bars down on Karl with several quick blows! The attack lands! Dealing (8) damage! Karl is now bloodied and prone again!

SD6 begins his turn! He swings his axe down on Karl, but the attack is blocked by his armor!

SD1 attacks Karl as well! The attack lands, dealing (13) damage! Karl is now at 2hp!

SD4 moves up and attacks the wounded Karl! He misses! ((yay! not another death yet!))

The reindeer riding Eladrin begins his turn!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 17, 2014, 07:53:23 pm »

((What, would Karl not get death saving throws or whatever?))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: February 17, 2014, 07:58:50 pm »

((What, would Karl not get death saving throws or whatever?))
((2hp left, he gets death saves at -hp, and at -con value, you die (con/surge varies by DM, I'm doing Con)

He's lucky; the last guy almost finished him off... And I kind of regret giving them a kind of executioner's chop attack...))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: February 17, 2014, 10:06:09 pm »

((Hmm, I've used up my action point, and every non-at will power I've got, beside my non-damaging teleports and my sneak attack, which doesn't matter because it only adds damage, not a bonus to hit. I've really got nothing other than a basic attack, and pray to get a high roll.))

Move: Ethereal Stride over to Bouchart, as close as I can without going into melee (too bad he's in melee, or my Prime Shot ability might let me hit him better)
Minor: Curse the nearest enemy I haven't cursed yet.
Major: If I have any remaining offensive powers, blast Bouchart with it, otherwise, Eyebite.
(I'm going to assume the same thing I did with the bear, that his Will is lower than his AC.)

((If I kill him with this, it'll be the second boss in a row I've eyebit from 1 HP.))

With that in mind, If he dies, misty step and telefrag his a$$.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: February 17, 2014, 10:33:13 pm »

((Hmm, I've used up my action point, and every non-at will power I've got, beside my non-damaging teleports and my sneak attack, which doesn't matter because it only adds damage, not a bonus to hit. I've really got nothing other than a basic attack, and pray to get a high roll.))

Move: Ethereal Stride over to Bouchart, as close as I can without going into melee (too bad he's in melee, or my Prime Shot ability might let me hit him better)
Minor: Curse the nearest enemy I haven't cursed yet.
Major: If I have any remaining offensive powers, blast Bouchart with it, otherwise, Eyebite.
(I'm going to assume the same thing I did with the bear, that his Will is lower than his AC.)

((If I kill him with this, it'll be the second boss in a row I've eyebit from 1 HP.))

With that in mind, If he dies, misty step and telefrag his a$$.
You teleport up to Bouchart! ...You teleport without your mount! You attempt to eyebite him! He attacks you! He misses you! (( :o )) (CRIT) Your attack, normally wounds their eyes, makes Bouchart's eyes explode! ...As well as his head! You dealt (6+4) damage! You then teleport inside Bouchart and the shadows try and go away as Bouchart's corpse is freed from the shadowed grasp. Somehow, you manage to actually DESTROY some of the shadow disappating and purple sparks fly everywhere and a high pitched screech is heard! The shadow stops where it is and disappears! Bouchart's normal body explodes and covers the place in his intestants and blood. Now you can't tell what there is more of; Bouchart's insides or Grot's blood. Either way, Bouchart's blood adds a thick layer of blood to Symon's new cloak and it splatters all across Symon's face. (67%) Symon's mouth was open unfortunatley and a chunk of (75%) Bouchart's insides lands in your mouth! You cough and hack vigorously and spit the object out. You can't tell WHAT it was, but it sure tasted awful. A closer look (thanks to your passive perception) reveals it was a piece of his brain. You feel sick! Symon takes a -1 to attack rolls and a -3 to endurance rolls to prevent himself from vomiting. (10+6-3) You gag a little bit, speaking of which. You got an awful taste of vomit on your tongue.

Weston begins his turn ((replace Bouchart's position with Mastacheese's and thats how the area looks... Well, innards aren't really difficult terrain now, is it?))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: February 17, 2014, 10:37:46 pm »

Move 4 squares south.
Fire a Chaos Bolt at SD4!
Action Point: Fire another Chaos Bolt, at a different target if SD4 dies!

((Gimme some bounces for once!))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: February 17, 2014, 10:46:30 pm »

((OH YEAH! *fistpumps*))
The Derail Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: February 17, 2014, 10:48:04 pm »

((OH YEAH! *fistpumps*))

Let me get this straight...You just shot some brain matter into someone's mouth and you're happy???
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: February 17, 2014, 10:49:43 pm »

((OH YEAH! *fistpumps*))
Let me get this straight...You just shot some brain matter into someone else's mouth and you're happy???
((FTFY, and yes. But mostly for the second boss telefrag in a row part.))
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 344