Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342329 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Moutain Maze
« Reply #1395 on: February 02, 2014, 01:30:59 am »

((Minor Action: Divine Challenge on BK3.
Standard Action: Ready an Action - Holy Strike on the first enemy to come close enough.))

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: February 02, 2014, 08:07:14 am »

Post to watch(I've only ever played d&d games like baulders gate, this would be my first exposure to it played properly, albeit on a forum). Looks great so far.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: February 02, 2014, 10:53:30 am »

Post to watch(I've only ever played d&d games like baulders gate, this would be my first exposure to it played properly, albeit on a forum). Looks great so far.
((There's more freedom in here then in baldur's gate. Note it's the same world, just at a much much later time. some places will look different for sure.))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: February 02, 2014, 11:47:45 pm »

((Minor Action: Divine Challenge on BK3.
Standard Action: Ready an Action - Holy Strike on the first enemy to come close enough.))
((I appologize for the long wait, and a post before this; I had a long, busy day at work and then some Tender Documents to go over, fix and laugh at for homework (oh the simple math errors). I am going to apologize in advance for a late post that will come AFTER this one))

You challenge BK3 and ready an action for when something nasty comes your way.

BK3 takes damage from the light and begins to dig as well. Another hole is put in the ground!

B8 begins by screaming! The light fades to low light. He then moves up, eyes never wavering from Archuther.

B1 screams and defeats the light! It is pitch black! B1, from what Aurel can see, moves up and Archuther now sees him.

B6 runs up and leaps onto Archuther! You can't seem to be able to stop the attack, as if your body LETS it cling onto you! Aurel sees it not syphoning though, but rather appearing as if putting something inside of him, like a gas or energy of sorts. You begin to feel your stomach churn and your headache goes more intense, as if you just breathed in some foul gasses.

Grot begins his turn. He tries to light his lantern (15) and he does. The light is shined right on Archuther, and the creature on top of him lets go. You don't feel so sick as he lets go, but the voices that said to go towards the darkness are a little more intense now. B6 drops dead, and BK10 drops right above the cave in front of Karl! Karl panics and swings his blade! (crit) His panic lands a critical strike, dealing (8+2) radiant damage! The creature smoulders and hisses as you assume it to be bloodied. Grot shines his light on that enemy and it burns a little bit more. It is definatley in critical condition now, as it begins to squeal. Grot then shines his light up, looking up the cliff face, only to be greeted by more shadow creatures in the edges of his lantern light. They take no damage and are unfazed, but you now know they can climb on the walls. Grot looks to be in panic as a free action.

B10 screams at Grot! Weston, Karl and Grot take (5) damage, and Symon and Aurel take (4) damage! ((How the hell do you get 4 critical hits in a row (karl, three enemies)!?)) Karl is bloodied! ((I forgot HP totals went up. I had to change my excel sheet for the new values)) Grot's lantern now shines dim light. B10 then moves up.

Symon begins his turn. You can barely see the enemies before you. (anything up to 1 square past the orange box indicated)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: February 03, 2014, 02:22:06 am »

((Minmax time! I should have done 1d8(8, crit) + 2 + 1d6 damage(due to Bless Weapon) radiant damage.
edit: Further minmaxing! The FAQ here indicates that dice that are rolled for every attack are also maximized when critting, so I should do 8 + 2 + 6 = 16 damage.

Also, my crits allow me to compete with the others, so leave them alone. :P

Oh, and I'm allowed to laugh if the 1d6 retroactively kills it and prevents the damage we just took.))
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 06:08:19 am by Hanzoku »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: February 03, 2014, 09:16:19 am »

((Minmax time! I should have done 1d8(8, crit) + 2 + 1d6 damage(due to Bless Weapon) radiant damage.
edit: Further minmaxing! The FAQ here indicates that dice that are rolled for every attack are also maximized when critting, so I should do 8 + 2 + 6 = 16 damage.

Also, my crits allow me to compete with the others, so leave them alone. :P

Oh, and I'm allowed to laugh if the 1d6 retroactively kills it and prevents the damage we just took.))
((Your longsword has no crit dice. And when did you bless weapon? And damage is maxed; longsword is a 1d8, but crit dice is NOT maxed

And it would probably kill it, but I think if you roll 6...))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: February 03, 2014, 09:25:29 am »

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity BK10.
Move Action: Move to the square north of B8 from Archuther's square to avoid attacks of opportunity.
Major Action: Avenging Echo BLK10.

"FOR BAHAMUT!"

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: February 03, 2014, 09:45:18 am »

((Move to the entrance and use it as a chokepoint so the ranged casters can fight from safety (or keep lighting torches as necessary.) Cast Bless Weapon for this encounter.))

((Nope, but the damage off of Bless Weapon isn't a crit effect. It procs on everything I hit during this fight, which the FAQ indicated means it would be maximized on a crit as well.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: February 03, 2014, 10:59:04 am »

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity BK10.
Move Action: Move to the square north of B8 from Archuther's square to avoid attacks of opportunity.
Major Action: Avenging Echo BLK10.

"FOR BAHAMUT!"
You declare your oath of enmity on BK10. You move up. But as you move by Archuther, a claw breaks out of the ground and claws at you! The attack lands, dealing (6) damage! The claw goes back underground, but you're now aware there is something is in front of Archuther under the ground. You use Avenging Echo on BK10! (14+9) Your attack lands, dealing (4+6+5) damage! The blow obliterates BK10's body, and you hear a crunching noise as the attack lands. BK10 dies, and BK11 joins the fray! You hear the shadows laughing at you now. You take (2) damage from a source you cannot pinpoint.

BK7 moves up.

B7 screams! Grot's light goes out and darkness fills the place!

B11 runs up and leaps onto Archuther! You try to swat the creature that reminds you of the nids back home, but you body acts as if they WANT it on you. It begins to put something inside your through a gas of sorts. Your stomach churns and your mind feels like its splitting apart.

B12 runs up and leaps onto Archuther! The same instance happens, but now the pain and mental strain intensifies. Your body begins to struggle and spasm.

B13 does the same as well, and 3 bodies are now grabbed onto Archuther and imprinting something onto him. He begins to roar in pain!

B14 jumps onto Archuther as well! The pain becomes so excrutiating, you wish you were being gut open by Orks. You now can comprehend some of the language that the creatures speak, but bits an pieces.

The above enemies take (7) radiant damage but do not die.

BK9 moves up and attacks Karl! It swings with its brutal looking claw! The attack is glanced away by your armor however. It takes (7) radiant damage!

BK11 begins his turn by moving in front of Archuther and flanks Symon! It attacks Symon with its claws! The attack lands, dealing (10) damage and knocking you prone! He takes (7) radiant damage and then another (7) radiant as it ends its turn next to you. He drops dead.

B15 joins the fray! He runs up and clings onto Archuther! Archuther drops to his knees from the weight and strain placed on his body and mind. You now fully comprehend the language the creatures speak... And you wish you didn't. He ends his turn and take (7) radiant.

Kill count: 7

The enemy speaks as BK8 begins his turn.

Archuther:

BK8 moves up and claws at Symon! He takes (7) radiant and lands the attack, dealing (9) damage! You are now in critical condition! He takes (7) radiant and dies! Another enemy approaches! (B16)

Archuther begins his turn. ((Every turn now, a percentile is rolled to see if you control your turn or not.))
Archuther is able to control his movements this turn but suffers a -4 to all checks and to all attacks.

((Note: oppertunity attacks cannot be made if you cannot SEE the enemies, which is why Symon couldn't do any for those that tackled Archuther, for clearence's sake))
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 11:02:01 am by highmax28 »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: February 03, 2014, 01:30:07 pm »

(B1, B7, B8, B10, and BK5 should all have taken 1d6 fire damage from ending their turn in the Explosive Pyre's area. Unless they did and I missed it.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: February 03, 2014, 01:32:17 pm »

Also, you didn't mention my Light going out, I think? I left it on.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: February 03, 2014, 01:53:23 pm »

Also, you didn't mention my Light going out, I think? I left it on.
((Screamed out

(B1, B7, B8, B10, and BK5 should all have taken 1d6 fire damage from ending their turn in the Explosive Pyre's area. Unless they did and I missed it.))
I'll have to double check, but I thought it was around the target, which is no longer there if I recall))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: February 03, 2014, 02:05:25 pm »

Okay.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: February 03, 2014, 05:12:43 pm »

standard: strength from valor
(also who is one of the following bloodied, dazed, stunned, or prone?)( have more stuff to do)
(wait can i shift while theyre on me?)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 05:21:17 pm by Death9980 »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: February 03, 2014, 05:14:52 pm »

standard: strength from valor
(also who is one of the following bloodied, dazed, stunned, or prone?)( have more stuff to do)

Symon is... Prone and bloodied, I believe. Definitely not feeling all that well, if you're asking.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 344