Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341802 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): Shadows in the Night
« Reply #1005 on: January 12, 2014, 05:42:33 pm »

((Yeah, I have, but given the lack of results, I figured it was either super secret, or I was failing the checks. =P))

Karl sighs and covers his eyes momentarily. "You two really just can't get along, can you?"

Assuming it isn't broken during the struggle, knowledge check on the alcohol to see if I can tell what it is. Without trying to taste it, we don't need two of us drunk. Also, help move Nadarr into the wagon so he can sleep it off.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: January 12, 2014, 05:45:58 pm »

Check the alcohol as well and keep it with you. You're not letting the dragonborn have a sip at it ever again.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 12, 2014, 05:54:05 pm »

((Yeah, I have, but given the lack of results, I figured it was either super secret, or I was failing the checks. =P))

Karl sighs and covers his eyes momentarily. "You two really just can't get along, can you?"

Assuming it isn't broken during the struggle, knowledge check on the alcohol to see if I can tell what it is. Without trying to taste it, we don't need two of us drunk. Also, help move Nadarr into the wagon so he can sleep it off.
(Crit) You're familiar with a drink back at home that was the cheapest brew possible and tasted god awful. Only the poorest of beggars would buy it, and only the stupidest would drink it. It is called Utter Moron, because only an utter moron would drink it.

You both lift Nadarr onto the cart.

Check the alcohol as well and keep it with you. You're not letting the dragonborn have a sip at it ever again.
After an exchange of words, you set off again towards the mountains. You make decent progress, but then problems happen:

Theres a fork in the road. And thats the least of your worries; a portal opens up from the sky! A large hulking demon pops out of it. He lets out a great roar and spittle flies all over before him. You all smell something awful as Grot just soiled himself. All the horses rear up from this. No one falls off of their mounts. Nadarr awake to the this however and is really hung over.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 12, 2014, 05:56:26 pm »

((...What?))

Karl curses and tries to control his horse's terrified rearing. "I don't suppose there's any chance that it's just an illusion and there's a wizard trying to play with our heads?"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 12, 2014, 05:56:37 pm »

Theres a fork in the road. And thats the least of your worries; a portal opens up from the sky! A large hulking demon pops out of it. He lets out a great roar and spittle flies all over before him. You all smell something awful as Grot just soiled himself. All the horses rear up from this. No one falls off of their mounts. Nadarr awake to the this however and is really hung over.

Symon immediately leaps forward with his flail, ready to attack the demon.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: January 12, 2014, 05:58:28 pm »

Take the fork in the road.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 12, 2014, 06:02:51 pm »

"...Okay, I'm fairly certain that demons are not supposed to pop out of thin air like that. I don't suppose anyone else here is hiding some horrible past?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 12, 2014, 06:09:08 pm »

((...What?))

Karl curses and tries to control his horse's terrified rearing. "I don't suppose there's any chance that it's just an illusion and there's a wizard trying to play with our heads?"
You then hear something come out of the portal behind him and you hear a low humming noise as demon blood splatters all over the party. You see a blade that seems to be vibrating ripping out of its chest the demon drops dead as you hear a a voice speak as if it was talking down a deep man hole "Die demon scum!" Then a large hammer knocks the demon's head off from behind, and the demon collapses, and a heavily armored man(?) stands behind the dead body, pulling out the now smoking blade. He is covered head to toe in thick metal armor and stands about 9' tall. He carries a strange weapon on his right leg, hanging, and he puts away the sword on his left side, and he holds his hammer. You can tell that whoever this is, he means business. He does not seem hostile until he sees Grot where he then shouts "Filthy green skin!" And grabs the goblin in one hand! Grot starts freaking out and begging for his life. The large figure stops and lets the goblin speak. He lets the goblin say his thing and puts the goblin down. He looks at the dragonborn and looks at him strangely. He looks at Karl, Aurel and Symon.

"What are you doing with a green skin and a xenos?"

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: January 12, 2014, 06:11:17 pm »

((wat))

Arcana check on...everything, really. Something's screwy here.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 12, 2014, 06:14:24 pm »

Look briefly at the huge hulking man with a smoking demon corpse at his feet. Disregard him, taking him to be the effects of the drink whihc, given how unsteady he is, he takes to still be in effect. Stumble over to Aurel and look at him strangely as if trying to remember something. Realisation dawns.

MY DRINK! YOU TOOK MY DRINK! GIVE IT BACK, YOU ALCOHOLIC THIEF! Flinch at the noise he made, then turn to Karl.

Karl! Help! Thief!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 12, 2014, 06:17:26 pm »

Hey, we're here to kill goblins.

Then give them the decapitated goblin head I've been carrying around.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 12, 2014, 06:19:27 pm »

Look at the hulking figure and with a interested look and talk to him in a calm demeanour. Aurel also clicks one of his foot in annoyance to Nadarr.

"As you can see this is one drunken dragonborn and I would be very happy if you were to assist me in calming him. Not killing him, mind you. There was a misunderstanding and he tends to have a quick temper. The green skin and xenos are our comrades who are bound to us and we need to accomplish a certain goal. I would be very grateful if you were to aid me for now and maybe find something for you. We are going to place of great danger and there is bound to be a great deal of loot, some which even somebody of your stature would be interested in."
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 06:21:00 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 12, 2014, 06:23:42 pm »

((wat))

Arcana check on...everything, really. Something's screwy here.
(19+6) you sense magic all right, but you can't tell what it is exactly. You see that his sword is a chainsaw sword +2 you have only heard rumors and myths about.

The portal (17+6) you can't tell where or what its from but you know its. The portal closes and the hulking man curses under his breath.

(?)The demon is a demon you're not familiar with at all.

Hey, we're here to kill goblins.

Then give them the decapitated goblin head I've been carrying around.
You toss the big man the goblin head. Grot feels a little uneasy about this, and the man catches it. He throws it back at you. The force is really strong and it knocks the wind out of you as you catch it (no damage).

Look at the hulking figure and with a interested look and talk to him in a calm demeanour. Aurel also clicks one of his foot in annoyance to Nadarr.

"As you can see this is one drunken dragonborn and I would be very happy if you were to assist me in calming him. Not killing him, mind you. There was a misunderstanding and he tends to have a quick temper. The green skin and xenos are our comrades who are bound to us and we need to accomplish a certain goal. I would be very grateful if you were to aid me for now and maybe find something for you. We are going to place of great danger and there is bound to be a great deal of loot, some which even somebody of your stature would be interested in."

"Are you trying to bribe me? Well... Better then letting the heretics getting it."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 12, 2014, 06:27:14 pm »

"Bribing?! Oh no, hoho. Nothing of the sort. I just noticed that you seemed a bit disturbed when the portal closed and was thinking that you might find something to help you where we're going. I hear that the place has a mysterious past. Just thinking fast."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 12, 2014, 06:30:56 pm »

"Bribing?! Oh no, hoho. Nothing of the sort. I just noticed that you seemed a bit disturbed when the portal closed and was thinking that you might find something to help you where we're going. I hear that the place has a mysterious past. Just thinking fast."
"Perhaps.... We shall see. I am Archuther Epathinox. You may call me Lord Archuther."

Archuther joins the party?

There is still the multiple exits. There are three ways out excluding the way you came. Where do you go?

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 344