Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341784 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): In Athkatla...
« Reply #660 on: January 01, 2014, 11:15:02 am »

"O-oh. Okay."

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 01, 2014, 11:49:40 am »

Karl chokes a little in surprise.

"I think they might have made the pact with another power masquerading as the Raven Queen, my friend. It is my sworn duty to slay the undead and those who seek to evade their natural end. I doubt my Goddess would allow a whole family immortality for something so minor as their humanity."

((Check the bodies as Aurel suggests, though no need for the autopsy. But do a religious check on any of their possessions - look for anything that might be a symbol of allegiance to Orcus, one of the deposed gods of Death... or the Raven Queen.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 01, 2014, 12:02:14 pm »

"Believe what you will. I have lived my whole life in service to the Raven Queen and my belief tells me this much. They are not immortal in the sense of immortal but immortal in the sense that they age extremely slowly in comparison to normal humans. Who are we to judge the Raven Queen and her actions?"
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 01, 2014, 12:04:37 pm »

Karl looks blankly at Aurel and strokes the handle of his sword. "Different churches each have their own beliefs. Forgive me if I consider this family heretics against the Raven Queen and enjoy purging them from this land."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 01, 2014, 02:01:23 pm »

Karl chokes a little in surprise.

"I think they might have made the pact with another power masquerading as the Raven Queen, my friend. It is my sworn duty to slay the undead and those who seek to evade their natural end. I doubt my Goddess would allow a whole family immortality for something so minor as their humanity."

((Check the bodies as Aurel suggests, though no need for the autopsy. But do a religious check on any of their possessions - look for anything that might be a symbol of allegiance to Orcus, one of the deposed gods of Death... or the Raven Queen.))
You and Grot return to the bodies and fid a total of 10 gold on the one Grot killed and 90 gold on the one symon killed utterly. You notice on the body for the one attacking symon, there was a note:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Boy were they mistaken...

Grot searches for some baubles after he picks up the sword you dropped earlier. He tosses it on the cart looking as if he was guilty of something. He finds little odds and ends; lint, the knives, socks; useless junk as well. He tosses out a symbol of the raven queen after awhile, but its different to ones you have seen. It is blood red, like the cloaks, unlike your symbol which is of a different color.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 01, 2014, 04:35:15 pm »

"What I find disturbing is how much they know about us. We've known each other for less then a day, yet they know names, backgrounds and ideas of approach - wrong as some of them were. Does this family number powerful magicians that could divine this knowlege, or was this whole mission a setup to catch you, Aurel?

((Take the red symbol for later inspection and to bring to a temple of the Raven Queen to see if there is more to learn from it.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 01, 2014, 04:39:14 pm »

"I'd say the latter is more likely, which is to say still not very. If they had mages able to divine our names and past, surely they would have had mine. Instead, they only had the very basics - things one could discern with the naked eye."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 01, 2014, 04:46:54 pm »

"They've been hunting my head for a fair number of years. I too would like to know how they know so much of you in such short notice. Considering that Weston is our newest arrival, I can only assume that they have been getting information since we met Olon. They probably feared that I would expose them, and you can be sure that this isn't the last of them. They can even be considered a whole organization."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 01, 2014, 04:56:27 pm »

The party is back together after Karl searches the bodies with Grot. Everyone is close by the inn that Aurel was headed to. Grot heals everyone that needs healing/can be healed on the way and before you arrive (Aurel and Karl pretty much). Grot, Karl, Symon and Weston are the only ones with surges remaining ((Only Karl can heal those that aren't named since lay on hands uses his surges)). Grot stops Weston before you go in and says, "Look boss; I know ya wan' someone ta watch da cart, but I got a bad feelin'. I'm goin' in wiv ya." You all enter the Inn and see the grey cloaked figure (some won't recognize him) sitting off to the side. He's alone from what you can see. You all feel his gaze that gives you a feeling of dread.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 01, 2014, 05:22:47 pm »

Karl drops behind the others for a moment and draws the short sword quietly, and uses his cloak to keep it hidden with his arm at his side. Armed, he returns to the front of the group and returns the grey-cloaked figure's stare defiantly.

"Is the man in grey glaring at us who we're looking for?" Karl murmurs to Aurel, scanning the crowd for more of this heretical family.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 01, 2014, 05:25:45 pm »

Fix the greycloak with an unwavering look.

"Hello, Grigore. I haven't seen you since you were but a child. I've met your spawn and I gotta hand it to you, they were easily convinced to join my side. Only that fool son of yours that you sent against me died. The others are waiting eagerly to see the results of my talks with you. So what will it be, Grigore?"

Bluff checks
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 01, 2014, 05:47:00 pm »

Fix the greycloak with an unwavering look.

"Hello, Grigore. I haven't seen you since you were but a child. I've met your spawn and I gotta hand it to you, they were easily convinced to join my side. Only that fool son of yours that you sent against me died. The others are waiting eagerly to see the results of my talks with you. So what will it be, Grigore?"

Bluff checks
He laughs at you. "Whether or not that is true, you've found me. And I see your allies are all here as well. I've got news for you though, my dear kinsman... You know why we hunt you, do you? Its because grandfather wants you dead. But I see a great opportunity here, kinsman. You, your lapdog and your allies are all formidable to kill my sons and daughter. I offer you one chance, Aurel; come quietly to see grandfather and I promise you will die swiftly.

If you refuse, I'll kill you all here and now..."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 01, 2014, 06:00:35 pm »

*sigh*

"After all these years you never do learn, do you?"

Prepare for battle
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 06:02:17 pm by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 01, 2014, 06:08:07 pm »

Weston's eyes began glowing as he prepared for battle.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 01, 2014, 06:14:06 pm »

Prepare for battle

((Dammit, Grot couldn't heal me!))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 344