Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341005 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): In Athkatla...
« Reply #540 on: December 29, 2013, 11:23:30 pm »

Symon openingly gawks at his surroundings, his head sweeping back and forth as he tries to take it all in.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 29, 2013, 11:30:30 pm »

Weston, who had been here once before, chatted away to Nimue in a strange, twittering language that none in the party had any hope of understanding. Some of the less magically-inclined might be uneasy by the fact that Nimue seemed to be responding in kind. He switched back to Common briefly.

"Well gentlemen, we seem to have arrived. I know I initially joined up for mutual protection, but you seem like a decent sort. Mind if I tag along for a while longer?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 29, 2013, 11:36:16 pm »

"I w-wouldn't mind," Symon mumbles.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 29, 2013, 11:42:04 pm »

Looks around and feels comfortable in the bustle of the big city. Equip the dagger & knife.

"I was cautious at first but you seem like a decent sort. But let me warn you, where we're going, it is extremely dangerous and hazardous. I would advice in not coming if you fear for you life."
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 11:46:16 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 29, 2013, 11:55:51 pm »

Looks around and feels comfortable in the bustle of the big city. Equip the dagger & knife.

"I was cautious at first but you seem like a decent sort. But let me warn you, where we're going, it is extremely dangerous and hazardous. I would advice in not coming if you fear for you life."
You equip the dagger and knife. You're not used to the crowds, which are less caravan like Crimmor and more people. THere is also something about this place that makes you very uneasy...

Symon openingly gawks at his surroundings, his head sweeping back and forth as he tries to take it all in.
You see the large buildings and the strange peop- wait... You notice a man in a very familiar red cloak talking to a man in a grey cloak not far off. The one in the red cloak rushes off after he looks your way. Their hoods cover most of their faces, but you guess the grey cloaked one said something to the other. He then slowly walks away into an alleyway, after he looks your way with a gaze you wish you never looked upon. You feel deep hatred and loathing coming from him, but its not aimed at you.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 11:57:26 pm by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 30, 2013, 12:13:06 am »

"If I feared for my life I would never have left my bedroll this morning," Weston said jokingly. "Surely I've proved that I can be useful in my own way, and as I said you seem like a decent bunch. Traveling alone - or even with an arcane owl - gets boring after a while, and if there's one thing I hate its boredom."

Use Streetwise to look for contacts.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 30, 2013, 12:18:57 am »

"If I feared for my life I would never have left my bedroll this morning," Weston said jokingly. "Surely I've proved that I can be useful in my own way, and as I said you seem like a decent bunch. Traveling alone - or even with an arcane owl - gets boring after a while, and if there's one thing I hate its boredom."

Use Streetwise to look for contacts.
(15+4) Take an hour to get about town and find some people who will give information... For a price. You start to feel uneasy as you separate from the group... Almost as if someone is watching you...

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 30, 2013, 12:21:36 am »

Join Weston in gathering information and building up contacts.

"We'll be back in about an hour, I suggest we get some mounts as well for when we leave the city. It will make our travel faster significantly and it wouldn't hurt our legs either."
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 12:28:00 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 30, 2013, 12:30:13 am »

Join Weston in gathering information and building up contacts.

"We'll be back in about an hour, I suggest we get some mounts as well. That will make our travel faster significantly and it wouldn't hurt our legs either."
You also feel uneasy but you find out some of the cheaper information dealers (19+4). (11+17) (11+4) ((1 fail)) (11+19) (16+11) You take some time but you find someone who will give information to you and only you, as long as you pay him for each visit (10 gold each time). You also can't help but feel watched. As you finish with the contact business, you also notice outo f the corner of your eye, a "man" in a blood red cloak watching you from the shadows... And you realize you wear the exact same cloak as he does. You suddenly have a really bad feeling about being here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 30, 2013, 12:32:47 am »

Weston considered his options, which weren't many. Sending Nimue up to look around would only alert any would-be watchers that he was on to them, not to mention attracting attention from everyone else. He decided to shrug it off and go about his business, figuring that any mystery observers would make themselves known sooner or later.

Look for market district. In particular, stores that sell and buy magic items.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 30, 2013, 12:40:04 am »

Weston considered his options, which weren't many. Sending Nimue up to look around would only alert any would-be watchers that he was on to them, not to mention attracting attention from everyone else. He decided to shrug it off and go about his business, figuring that any mystery observers would make themselves known sooner or later.

Look for market district. In particular, stores that sell and buy magic items.
SInce you took a good look about town, there is a shop you passed by that sells low quality magical items. Nothing more then +1 items and non magical gear, everything is "wondorous" ((magical adventuring gear)). Another sells magical items but only military melee and ranged. Then there is one you saw earlier as you came into the trade district that sells simple melee, ranged and cloth armor that is magical and non-magical.

You make your way towards them and leave Aurel behind. You are now alone.

Aurel is now alone with the contact he just made.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 30, 2013, 12:48:03 am »

"I'll meet up with you later, Weston. I still have some things to discuss with this fine gentleman."

Waits until Weston is out of sight and turns towards the contact quickly. Push 10 gold into his hand."

"Tell me absolutely everything you know about the man in the red cloak and if there are more like him in the city."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 30, 2013, 12:49:15 am »

Weston heads for the third shop. He leaves Nimue outside, instructing her to keep an eye open for suspicious characters. Inside the store he checks what is for sale in terms of staffs and cloth armor, and also inquires (Diplomacy, I assume), how much the totem staff might be worth.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 30, 2013, 01:03:42 am »

"I'll meet up with you later, Weston. I still have some things to discuss with this fine gentleman."

Waits until Weston is out of sight and turns towards the contact quickly. Push 10 gold into his hand."

"Tell me absolutely everything you know about the man in the red cloak and if there are more like him in the city."
The man doesn't look but he knows what you're talking about.

"They've been wandering about town for a few weeks now. Just showed up on boat and kind of blended in with the crowd. People say they're human nobles from a faraway land, but I see them and see they ain't human. I dunno what they are, but they seem to be looking for someone. Take my advice, if they're watching you, you're going to have trouble. Might want to get out as fast as you can. I think there are eight of them, but there's one more in a grey cloak that seems to be much worse then the others, and he's the one you want to watch out for. His very gaze seems dark enough to put fear into the strongest guards. I suggest you walk the other way so he doesn't think you saw him. And keep your weapons in hand. Don't come find me until they're gone and you know it."

He snatches the 10 gold and walks away. He's obviously scared as you can see. ((no farthur actions for you until the others have posted))

Weston heads for the third shop. He leaves Nimue outside, instructing her to keep an eye open for suspicious characters. Inside the store he checks what is for sale in terms of staffs and cloth armor, and also inquires (Diplomacy, I assume), how much the totem staff might be worth.
You head off for the shop. Nimue alerts you that she has indeed seen someone watching you; a man in a red cloak that looks exactly like Aurel's. She says its a human from what she can see. She dosn't make it apparent and lets you know that he is following you as you enter the store.

Inside, you find out he has a limited variety but much of each. He reccomends a few goods to you, but nothing you can afford without selling the staff. (1) He gives you the price of the staff he'll buy at 260, but something you said made him refuse to buy it and sell you anything more.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 30, 2013, 01:23:02 am »

I'll look for a tall building in the area.  Church, watchtower, whatever is taller than its immediate surroundings.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 344