Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341602 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): Shadows in the Night
« Reply #900 on: January 09, 2014, 08:11:42 am »

((Try to shift over towards Karl if you can, you need a Lay on Hands or a potion. You can also Second Wind yourself, 1HP is a bit scary.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: January 09, 2014, 08:15:36 am »

((So, what exactly can I do here?))
((You're grabbed, but you can still move since it's tiny and latched onto you. I'm sure standing up doesn't provoke opertunity attacks. I'm also sure you have a couple of sun rods left, and I'm pretty sure lighting it is a minor. I also beleive it's a standard action to break grip on a grab...

Note I'm allowing you to take an extended rest again after this since it was, well, interrupted.))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: January 09, 2014, 10:03:52 am »

((Second Wind probably wouldn't give enough HP to survive another hit. Lay on hands would probably work slightly better, but at the moment I'm kinda in trouble. Too many bad guys nearby and no one is protecting the squishy sorcerer :P ))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: January 09, 2014, 10:57:45 am »

((Second Wind probably wouldn't give enough HP to survive another hit. Lay on hands would probably work slightly better, but at the moment I'm kinda in trouble. Too many bad guys nearby and no one is protecting the squishy sorcerer :P ))
((My advice: second wind, light a sunrod (it let go of Bouchart, did it not?) and then shift away, but its all up to you))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 09, 2014, 11:03:06 am »

"Let go of me, you foul beast!"

Minor action: Light sunrod.
Move action: Shift west.
Standard Action: Second Wind.
ACTION POINT: Explosive Pyre on B15
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 11:05:30 am by Sirus »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: January 09, 2014, 06:42:16 pm »

"Let go of me, you foul beast!"

Minor action: Light sunrod.
Move action: Shift west.
Standard Action: Second Wind.
ACTION POINT: Explosive Pyre on B15

You turn on your sunrod. It lights up the entire field! You notice that it cannot peirce the darkness outside the place shown; walls of darkness surround you! Everything that is a shadow being starts to scream! Several drop dead, totalling to 17 dead total! Everything is smouldering! Your target is dead! You second wind
 and are up to 7hp.

B17 takes his turn! He burns a little bit more and screams! All lights go out except for weston's sunrod. He moves up.

B19 starts his turn! He screams and all lights go out! Only Aurel can see anything now, Grot and Weston can see a little bit, but take a penalty to perception and all attacks. He moves up.

B20 jumps on top of Karl! He latches on and sucks out parts of your soul, dealing (3) damage!

B21 jumps onto Weston! He latches on as well and also begins to suck the life out of him, dealing (3) damage!

B22 charges and leaps onto Nadarr! He bounces off!

B23 leaps onto Symon! He latches on and deals (3) damage as his soul is being sucked out of him!

B24 jumps at Nadarr! He also bounces off!

B25 runs towards Grot and leaps towards him! Grot is held by the monster! He takes (3) damage as his osul begins to be drained!

B26 leaps at Nadarr! Nadarr is latched on! He takes (1) damage as his soul is also syphoned away! Nadarr is at 1hp!

B27 attempts to jump on Bouchart! He bounces off!

B28 runs at Bouchart! He crits and sucks away Bouchart's life, dealing (4) damage! He looses his temp hp and is now bloodied again!

Aurel watches as his allies are being grabbed and helplessly being attacked by the night! B29 revels as he sees that Aurel can see in the dark and says something in a language that no one can understand ((abyssal)). He then runs up to Aurel and tries to grab on! He barely gets on and deals (2) damage as he sucks away at Aurel's life force.

B30 laughs and speaks in the same fell language as well. The others that crowd around you all laugh in an almost harmony. He moves in and attacks Bouchart! He hits and deals (5) damage!

B31 moves in and attacks Karl! He fails to peirce Karl's armor!

B32 attacks and attacks Grot! He hits and deals (6) damage!

The initiative order returns to the top and Karl starts his turn! You have something sucknig away your life force latched onto you!

Aurel is the only one who can see the full battlefield, Weston and Grot can see up to 2 squares around them... Which is enough to see everyone grabbed and struggling:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: January 09, 2014, 06:47:31 pm »

((Dude. Why the hell didn't you let me take the rest of my turn. I could still have used that action point, and it really would have come in handy...))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: January 09, 2014, 07:34:36 pm »

((Dude. Why the hell didn't you let me take the rest of my turn. I could still have used that action point, and it really would have come in handy...))
((Sorry about that... I got excuses but none of them are really valid:

a) class
b) players of my D&D group asking me about what my character will do on my session on saturday while I'm at work
c) creating an "encounter" for you guys that you will probably deal with before you pass the mountains
d) I havea really bad memory and I completely forgot about that and continued
e) I disconnected from the internet about 3 times before I could even post, and past your action was on clipboard...

As I said, lots of excuses, none are really valid. I'm more then certain Karl knows what he's gotta do to pretty much finish off the encounter. IF he doesn't I'm sure one of you will finish it; you killed everything that showed up on the initiative order before you and in between you guys, so the entire party acts before the enemy. Also, the soul syphoning thing is NOT deadly btw; it will only knock you unconscious, so don't think if you hit 0 while they're doing that, you'll die))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: January 10, 2014, 04:59:48 am »

((I do? I figure this'll kill everything in our local area at least...))

((Minor action: Light sunrod!
((Standard Action: Lay on Hands on Weston))

Karl roars as he shoves a fistful of sunrod into the face of the one latching onto him. "Burn, demon!"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: January 10, 2014, 09:18:34 am »

You take (5) damage at the begining of your turn from the enemy syphon attack! You light your last sunrod and the light fills the battlefield! The enemy screeches again but they all let go and begin to return to the darkness! They're retreating! Everyone tries to get an op attack in; Karl, Aurel, and Grot land their attacks, Karl deals (5+2) damage to his, Aurel deals (4+9) to his, and Grot deals (7) damage! You all kill 3 retreating enemies!

The dark walls fade away and you are returned to the night you were at. You notice that all your light sources that went out are fully lit now, lighting up the area quite a bit. The storm is starting to let up, and the wind is dying down. You can take another extended rest if you want and it will be about ~11am, if you so choose. Grot does not care what decision you guys make, and he agrees to heal whoever wants it if you guys choose to go on at this time.

The sun has not come up yet, and night is still here.

Everyone gains 450xp (pretty sure that gives a level up to everyone except Weston and Grot, since he gains no xp and will level when I say he does). I'll PM everyone for power/feat choices. Welcome to level 2 guys, it only gets harder from here.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: January 10, 2014, 09:31:22 am »

Karl gives voice to what he thinks many of them were thinking. "What... in the whole pantheon... was that?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: January 10, 2014, 09:31:45 am »

Aurel relaxes himself and regains his normal composure, sliding the daggers in their sheathes.

"That was... rather eventful. I think we should move, lest we be jumped upon again."

He looked at them and after a moment of thoughtful look he speaks again.

"That was magnificently done by everyone. We managed to survive whatever that was. I also must tell you of something that I found out from the merchant.

Proceed to tell them what the merchant told me about the fortress.

"...and if he is to be believed, they are stronger than your normal foe. Much stronger."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: January 10, 2014, 09:48:03 am »

Karl spits on the ground at the mention of necromancers. "Well, that's good enough reason for me. Let's purge them and the restless dead from this fortress."

Check on the horses to see if any harm came to them. Hopefully not - the shadows seemed to focus on resistance first.

"I think the dwarves had a good point. We need to rest, but we need shelter before trying to do so. If nothing else, these waves of shadow terrors would be far easier to hold back if they can only come a few at a time against a cave entrance."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: January 10, 2014, 10:05:36 am »

Karl spits on the ground at the mention of necromancers. "Well, that's good enough reason for me. Let's purge them and the restless dead from this fortress."

Check on the horses to see if any harm came to them. Hopefully not - the shadows seemed to focus on resistance first.

"I think the dwarves had a good point. We need to rest, but we need shelter before trying to do so. If nothing else, these waves of shadow terrors would be far easier to hold back if they can only come a few at a time against a cave entrance."
The horses and the cart are perfectly fine. It appears the shadows only wanted you and your allies.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: January 10, 2014, 10:29:04 am »

The horses and the cart are perfectly fine. It appears the shadows only wanted you and your allies.

"I wonder if somebody wants us dead. That would certainly make thing more interesting, although Olon would have told us if he expected such a thing."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 344