Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 340482 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...
« Reply #5130 on: July 24, 2015, 11:13:16 am »

((So you can have vampire/werewolf hybrids? Just need to bite Aurel, and he'd be Vryloka-Vampire-Werewolf? What would his powers even be?))

((In a few levels I can probably make you a Vryloka Vampire to be honest so you'd be the same.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: July 24, 2015, 11:17:00 am »

(((I think it should follow the White Wolf system then. 99 out of 100, he dies messily. 100, and you have a brand new abomination against the multiverse))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: July 24, 2015, 11:20:54 am »

((It would be...interesting, to say the least. But it would have to be Aurel - Nadarr wouldn't accept it. He's a Werewolf type to his bones, I don't think vampirism would be his type of thing.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: July 24, 2015, 12:42:12 pm »

((You've been bit enough times, but none to actually turn you. I'm pretty sure that you're almost immune to vampire bites by now.

I may roll with that. Also, if Isbat lived, he was going to become a werewolf. Was going to be interesting, but he's dead now))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: July 24, 2015, 01:19:31 pm »

((This game is going to be fun. My character should be a big help to the group and I don't think any one will dislike her to much. can't wait to actually try the combat *pew pew*!))
I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: July 24, 2015, 01:22:20 pm »

((More madness guys. I can't view the files. I'm gonna HAVE to get D&D insider as soon as I can...))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: July 24, 2015, 01:30:11 pm »

((More madness guys. I can't view the files. I'm gonna HAVE to get D&D insider as soon as I can...))

((well that sucks.......................))
I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: July 24, 2015, 09:16:04 pm »

((Sorry I haven't really been participating in the conversation here, I've been and will be away for a few weeks. As I told Highmax via PM, I'd still love to play, although if my being away is a problem, I might have to either just be pushed down the initiative order or kicked. Hopefully option 1!))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: September 10, 2015, 12:29:31 pm »

So, here's what happened:

I tried to get D&D insider and because I'm a college student, I'm broke, so I can't actually afford it. Secondly, I found out I can't actually use the sheets as reference to recreate your characters, so they're gone gone.

I have unfortunately run out of steam on trying to revive this and decided that I'm going to end this campaign. We had a good run, but I cannot continue when I can't access anything properly (because there are too many things in 4e and so many things I gave you that without the custom gear stuff I wrote for some of your gear, I can't keep track of it all).

So, I'm going to write a final epilogue for this grand journey and then I may try my hand at running another campaign but one that's more manageable. My only regret is not having a hard copy of things written down somewhere.

So I'm going to assume a lot with this final epilogue, but bear with me. It will mostly pertain to those who were around for the final battle in the fortress (sorry waitlisters...).

However, do know that the spirit of your characters will always live on, as I have created a RL campaign and I intend to have all of your characters show up for a cameo/final run. Throw in this campaign takes place 20-30 years in the future, and on a different plane, expect many things to be different.

I want to thank all of you for waiting patiently for me to return after all the bumps we had in the road. Me going to rehab, the big problem with dealing with the insider/monster making stuff, and all the other hiccups we had. I'm proud to say this is one of the best campaigns I have ever seen, let alone run, and I'm glad it lasted as long as it did. Words cannot describe how happy I am with how this turned out, despite it being cut short.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: September 10, 2015, 01:17:15 pm »

Well that's terrible but not unexpected given how long we've been waiting. At least you're ending it officially instead of just letting it petter out and be forgotten. If you need help with the epilogues would it be possible to PM you character motivations/goals and things like that? Unfortunately I didn't get much chance to go into Symon's character after he was reborn, so I'm a bit worried that you'd assume things that applied to his original outlook on life.

If you do start a new campaign on the forums, would you mind posting a link here? Just so that we don't forget that it exists and miss the chance to join. I certainly wouldn't mind having you as a GM again.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: September 10, 2015, 01:42:46 pm »

Here's a General idea of what the characters are like (in my view) are like in 30 years (according to my campaign):

Symon grows up and becomes a true champion of Bahamut, bieng much more confident in speaking. Due to an event that I will cover later, he was scarred and became quiet again. He maintains his idea of justice against evil, but he knows that some evils are necessary. His alignment changed from LG to NG.

Nadarr sets up shop after gaining a large amount of wealth, mostly due to he gave up the adventuring life after Olon tore his lycanthropy out of his body, and the event as well. He's the library/magic shop owner in town and the sort of teacher for the casters. Went from NE to LN

Aurel continues to be a wanderer, instilling his Crimson Deceiver side more often. He hasn't changed much, and even though he defeated his father, he never returned to claim his birthright of Talmarune. As always, he too hunts Olon.

Weston and Cromwell ended up working together as a pair travelling planes and hunting Olon. Weston and Cromwell faded into legend as heroes who show up and fix things and leave, one being serious and the other being more of a clown. Both very powerful in their respective fields of magic. Their alignments stayed the same

Karl, after the party finally does battle with Olon, ended up unleashing the full power of his blade, but it held a dark secret, slowly killing its owner as the blade was a holy artifact of many gods of death, and it killed him. He returned years later from death as a revenant, very angry and was never found by the other party members (whom he barely remembers). His death (which actually caused his body to vaporize) made a huge reality check on many of the party members, effecting them. As a blackguard of the Raven queen now, and still clutching his family heirloom, he hunts Olon, but lacks the power to defeat him. He went from TN to NE as his fury against Olon drives him to finally seek that long rest in death. His blade does not harm him anymore as being revenant, the blade doesn't need to kill him.

Alexander still resides in the Abyss, a servant of the chained one. No one knows what happened to him since he last left them. Only Olon knows what happened there.

Archuther was finally slain and put to rest after a long time of being an alive/dead monster. The party destroyed him, and his machinery was destroyed to make sure it didn't fall into the wrong hands.

Thyra traveled the land and after a long period of time of healing, rest and honing her skills, and after a long period of time, spent the past several years traveling with Symon as the two search for Aurel and Karl. She is still NG

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: September 10, 2015, 01:55:34 pm »

The dwarves! Tell me the dwarves at least prosper!
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: September 10, 2015, 01:55:45 pm »

((I am exceedingly disappointed that this campaign has ended. It was my first dip-of-the-toe into D&D, and as such I didn't appreciate it as much. After playing in a few more campaigns, I have come to see the amount of dedication, love and care which has gone into the crafting of not only the enemies and encounters, but the very story behind it. It is rare to find a good balance between role playing and kill-or-be-killed scenarios, but Highmax managed it. Whilst I am disappointed, I am glad that we all managed to get together and have so much fun together, and in such a good campaign. I wait for Highmaxs' next campaign, and if I can join I will.

As an aside, it's good you didn't put Nadarr forgiving Thyra in there. There is no way he would - she abandoned the "clan," and her honour.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: September 10, 2015, 02:13:48 pm »

Personally I don't think that Symon would ever become NG unless something really life-changing happened to him. He may become worldly and understand that some evils are necessary, but he was raised as a monk, view himself as a monk and thus yearns for that life of structure and simplicity. As such, when he's finished adventuring he plans on living out the rest of his life back at his monastery, or out in the wilderness as a hermit. Then again it is your campaign so... Do what you want. I won't particularly mind.

EDIT: Honestly I could seem him turn LN more readily than NG. Tries to help everyone and is disappointed as not everyone wants to help or do good or something. So he responds to his disappointment by retreating back to what he knows as a monk. Eventually he rejects the world and gives up on trying to do good, but still adventures around and fights evil due to the instructions/guidance given to him by Bahamut. Or something along those lines; it's just a rough concept to be honest.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 02:37:06 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: September 10, 2015, 02:44:24 pm »

I actually kind of like that idea. I'm gonna let everyone see how my ideas go and then roll with it.

In the 30 year span, Thoradin and his settlement still hold, but they hardly see their saviors anymore. Like the legend of the mage duo, they faded away into storys but were never forgotten, as their story was engraved onto the very halls, and Thoradin himself always tells the tale of what happened there. He still lives and resides there, and they have done nothing but prosper since

Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344