Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 340495 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...
« Reply #5100 on: June 28, 2015, 04:47:45 pm »

((Plus, Nadarr is a metallic dragonborn, who are usually evil or chaotic, and bahamut is lawful good... Have fun))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: June 29, 2015, 01:37:56 am »

((Oh? I hadn't read anything about that in the dragonborn entry. Good to know-  Dragonborn: Not Color Coded for Your Convenience.

As an aside, Nadarr with the ruby scabbard was a perfect example of his character. "Look, a magic ite- gems! Pry them off! Must have gems!" :P

Would you have let him pull the gems off if I hadn't claimed the item, highmax?))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: June 29, 2015, 05:37:25 am »

((I don't feel bad about stealing from Nadarr. He hoards that stuff like it's his mother.

For the greater ev--ehm, I mean good!))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: June 29, 2015, 07:59:10 am »

((Eh, I honestly don't mind your evil so far. None of it has been 'For the Evul!', and someone being greedy or wanting to look out for #1, and looking out for his buddies because they help him become even more powerful is just fine with me. It falls on the 'Logical Evil' scale for me.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: June 29, 2015, 09:14:12 am »

((We're lucky we got the more greed and pride driven evil in Nadarr with his fits of rage, and Aurel's manipulative evil. They're lawful and neutral evil, not asshole evil))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: June 29, 2015, 10:22:39 am »

((I always thought that Lawful evil was logical evil. Like politicians and bankers.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: June 29, 2015, 10:24:40 am »

((Politicians and mob bosses. Bankers are more lawful neutral or neutral evil))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: June 30, 2015, 01:03:57 am »

((OK, three questions to start the day off:

When the game started, did you have a different class in mind before settling on your current character?
- In my case, yes. Karl was originally a wizard. Highmax looked at the party full of blasters and asked if I'd be OK with playing someone with some armor and/or healing ability to give a little balance. The rest is history.

Having played 4e/this game for a while, would you play a different class or role if you had the chance?
- Not really, Karl's crunchy determination not to die to anything has grown on me. That said, If I had to play another character, I'd probably poke at something out of the psionic set, as the power augmentation mechanic looks interesting.

Finally, what's the oddest character you've played in previous games?
- Probably Kurotatsu, the Worg Bard. Back in 3e/3.5e, I was more active on the Giant in the Playground forums and played around with others in statting out what the level adjustment and mechanics would be for worgs as a player race. My final goal with Kurotatsu was moving into Dragon Disciple, for half-dragon half-worg goodness. They really don't make the best arcane casters though, as the lack of hands means having to find a way around the somatic components for spells (or choosing ones that didn't have a somatic component.) Sadly, that campaign never really got off the ground.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: June 30, 2015, 04:57:57 am »

((When the game started, did you have a different class in mind before settling on your current character?
- This is my first D&D game ever. As such Aurel is everything I wanted him to be. When I was poking around the classes, I knew I didn't want a standard class and also had a fancy for nobles. After finding the Vryloka race and researching its lore, I realized I had the perfect formula for a Dracula-type noble character.

Having played 4e/this game for a while, would you play a different class or role if you had the chance?
- I've made a few other characters after I made Aurel, but out of all of them, Aurel is the best one I've made. I consider it a stroke of luck that the first character I made turned out to be so well. Classes I'd be willing to play around with in the future is probably artificier and maybe some other I can't remember.

Finally, what's the oddest character you've played in previous games?
- This is my first game.))
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 11:14:37 am by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: June 30, 2015, 08:48:39 am »

((I'll answer using the NPCs who followed you guys.

Did I have another class in mind when I made grot/Thyra/Thoradin?

Not really. The party needed a healer for the first two and Grot and Thyra were just that. Thoradin is what my actual character was in my 4e game I was a player in, but later I swapped his race before he dropped in and he became a longtooth shifter. I gave him a big ass axe, made him tanky and threw him in.

Would I change to a new class?

I'm probably going to keep off the NPC party members for awhile because I could instead add more people to the game (specifically those who were waiting). If I do it again, I may just throw in another cleric.

What is the weirdest character I ever played?

I'm torn between Olon and my elf berserker. Olon was interesting and broke the game, but my elf hated his own race after his village took tree hugging too seriously and began trying to mate with trees. His reaction to seeing a new player show up in the middle of the dungeon after the evil character claims the guy is trying to kill him, I ask: "do you like trees?" And as a dwarf, he says no, so I let him in. My entire trust system was based on that.

Now Olon was also weird because he's the one character who was evil and actually evil compared to the other guy who acted more chaotic neutral. Given the fact he made stupidly high level gear at earlier levels (my DM allows mark of making to stack with master crafter and I could make items that were almost ten levels higher then me... At discount). He was also tied in with my character before him because he murdered his family, and how he got into the party was because he revealed himself before them as he watched my character fail his life's goal. I also told you guys about one person who lost her shit when she saw I was evil, and this was him. She did not trust me one bit and after time and time again, I managed to get friendly with all of them except her who metagames WAYYY too much. So when i had to do an evil act, she was all "GTFO" and everyone else is like "don't donit again". And because she was the leader, and a horrible person in real life, she convinced everyone to either kill me or exile me...

So I killed her boyfriend :) I would have killed her too, but the monk (her boyfriend) is fast and hits like a truck. Sadly for him, I had a +7 to my death saves.

I'm going to ask you guys one question on top of this:

What is one incident that happened where you're re playing and something bizzare happened?

Mine was my party in 5e that I DM uses the gnome barbarian as a weapon a lot to the point I'm tempted to give proficency to the bard who keeps throwing/punting her at enemies... And then the Orc berserker picks her up and uses her as a weapon to almost kill the party rogue))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: July 01, 2015, 08:01:01 am »

((To be fair, Olon reminds me of the Joker. Unlike Batman, I would totally kill the crazy psychopath if we down him in combat, rather then let him skip away, giggling to himself.

Hm... to be fair, I don't have so much gaming history to have enough bizarre incidents. The one that comes to mind was more 'bizarre plot device'. It was a 3.0 or 3.5 game where we were clearing out a magical doorway that led to an underground base. In addition to a swarm of nasty critter-type enemies, there was also a... bandit, I think? That was using part of the base as his hideout. As we're fighting him, one of our party members, a halfling rogue bursts into flame. She's fine, her clothes aren't, so a naked, flaming halfling is running around in panic from being on fire. The bandit tries to make a run for it while we're distracted, but takes two AoOs, including a crit and keels over just short of the stairs out. We put out our halfling and give her a cloak, but the game broke down before we could find out what to do for her. (We did find out the why: She absorbed ambient mana, and when she became 'over-filled', things like this started to happen until the mana bled off again. We didn't really have any arcane casters though, so we hadn't come up with any solutions.) ))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: July 01, 2015, 10:47:30 am »

((Olon is based on Walter O'Dim (Aka, Randall Flagg) from the dark tower series. He's also a manipulative evil character, but he won't hesitate to do things that he deems necessary. At later levels, before my game with him got cut short, was to have my own little room where I was learning how to make warforged. My DM said because I fixed the one in our party, that after a few more months of studying, I could eventually replicate it, and in turn, having my own personal army.))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: July 11, 2015, 03:42:16 am »

((Hey highmax, how goes the computer restoration?))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: July 11, 2015, 08:52:08 am »

((Computers back, but because of the lack of a builder, I have to get the new guy to make a character from scratch. It really sucks, but I'll have to deal with it.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: July 20, 2015, 12:06:20 am »

((Still waiting for last newcommer to give me his sheet. If he doesn't give me one by friday morning my time, I'm cutting him off and just advancing a man down again. Without the use of my character builder, this makes helping people with things a pain. Now that I got a job, I'm HOPING I can get reconnected to the official one. But expect things to be sort of a trainwreck until then.

Can I get a roll call on who's still in (new additions from the waitlisters included in this please)? If Sirus/Mastahcheese are there, I'm really sorry for putting you guys on a temporary removal and then going away myself.

To kind of rekindle some conversation, what paragon paths are you guys planning on going?

Also, if you're just poking your head in, I'd love to see more people interested in joining the waitlist. I'm half expecting something horrible to happen either before or during the vampire infiltration AND I'm planning on possibly expanding the list of players to 7 since I probably will not be rejoining as an NPC for a long while.

And to those who already have a sheet I handed them, please back it up onto a website, PDF, etc. because I can't change or add anything anymore to the ones I currently have. This means I can't track of xp or gold or items or anything useful until I get an alternative.))

Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 344