Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 340595 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Nadarr takes lamp of discerning, ruby scabbard and staff of withering.

((Also, what happened when I read the book?))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Karl claimed the Ruby Scabbard, Wavestrider Boots and Deepfarer's Pouch. He'll honestly use the scabbard on a constant basis. Aurel claimed the Gloaming Cloak and Frost Dagger and a Bag of Holding, and I think the Backpack of Concealment was marked as returned to Symon.))

Karl offers to trade his share of gems to Nadarr for an fair exchange in gold or platinum. Meanwhile, as they bicker over gems and magic items, he looks around for a sage.

Steetwise to look for someone who can inspect the Ring for us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nadarr watches Karl take the shiny scabbard with a frown, but brightens when Karl offers his deal and accepts, though he tries to haggle the price down first(persuasion? Is that what it's called when you haggle?). If nobody else wants a bag of holding, takes one. A hoarder needs his storage
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 02:19:04 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Nadarr takes lamp of discerning, ruby scabbard and staff of withering.

((Also, what happened when I read the book?))
((What on earth are you going to use a ruby scabbard for? It doesn't help you since you can't use blades. You gained a magical impliment and six rituals: Knock, Detect traps, Sending, Disenchant Magical Item, Seal Death's Door and Tongues. The impliemnt is a tome that gives you two daily powers, one of which can be expended in exchange for a regular wizard daily power slot, but this is cast as a free action. You also heal if you sustain a spell with the fire keyword. Also, the staff causes weakening as a daily power and has a crit of 2d6 necrotic))
((Karl claimed the Ruby Scabbard, Wavestrider Boots and Deepfarer's Pouch. He'll honestly use the scabbard on a constant basis. Aurel claimed the Gloaming Cloak and Frost Dagger and a Bag of Holding, and I think the Backpack of Concealment was marked as returned to Symon.))

Karl offers to trade his share of gems to Nadarr for an fair exchange in gold or platinum. Meanwhile, as they bicker over gems and magic items, he looks around for a sage.

Steetwise to look for someone who can inspect the Ring for us.
((I'll let Nadarr decide that))

You take a look as you go to find a mage with a good enough mastery of Arcana in the area. (?) Asking around to the local shops, no one seems to know, but one man mentions that perhaps if you really wanted to know, you could take it to Blackstaff Tower in Waterdeep, as the newly appointed Blackstaff seems to be one of the best in magic, save for the great Elminster. One of the people you bring it to shove it back and tell you to keep it away, and upon asking him why, he kicks you out of the store.

((Once the taking of stuff is done, I'll sned everyone updated character sheets... Once everyone also gives me a daily power through PM.

Also, I don't remember, but did you guys sell Aurel's gear? Specifically, the thieving dagger Gonzou had?))

Nadarr watches Karl take the shiny scabbard with a frown, but brightens when Karl offers his deal and accepts, though he tries to haggle the price down first(persuasion? Is that what it's called when you haggle?). If nobody else wants a bag of holding, takes one. A hoarder needs his storage
((Got ninja'd. I'll still let you to sort it out. (15+9) vs (19) Karl feels persuaded, but that's still on him (5 over your will save means its pretty effective)))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

"Everybody, especially Karl. I have to talk to you. I think you might want to hear this. It is important."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl frowns, but finds Nadarr to be fairly pursausive as to the realitive advantage of platinum over gems when it comes to dealing with merchants. He finally offers a 10% discount to the traded price. (1350g  for 1500g in gems.)

((I think Nadarr mostly wanted it for the rubies. Gems ahoy!))

Karl frowns and shakes his head. "Well, that was a bust. I'm sure the Blackstaff or Elminster himself would be able to do something about the ring, but suggesting a power such as those means that your average sage won't have a clue."

As Aurel appears out of the crowd, the others in tow, Karl raises his eyebrow. "Hello everyone. We were just discussing what do about the meeting with Olon. What do you have on your mind?"

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nadarr accepts and gleefully takes the gems. He then listens to what Aurel and the others have to say.

((And yep. Shiny gem scabbard. Nadarr was gonna try and remove the gems.))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Where do I begin. Well.

Firstly, the house is gone but that was the cheapest part of it. There is a passage of underground tunnels beneath it all across the city among other things. As such the cellar is intact. I reckon rebuilding it under Nadarr's name would be best on that note since it appears that somebody most likely burned the place down. However by my rough estimate it would be about 25,000 gold. If everybody was to chip in about 4,000 gold, I reckon we can build a headquarters in this city. Of course it would include whatever you want in it, including your own rooms and places of worship.

Secondly, there is a new Blackstaff mage in Waterdeep. While we could go there for the ring, it also has its own perils. I reckon we know that the ring is more than it appears to be and giving it to Olon wouldn't be the best of ideas. If we run now he will likely hunt us. If we confront him tonight, nothing is known and we put our lives on the line. If we lie or refuse to give him the ring, nobody knows what might happen, except that we will definitely be making an enemy. I personally uphold the choice of confronting him without the ring. Stash it somewhere he it'll be difficult to grab, even if he knows the location.

Thirdly, and I think this is important to you Karl, my homeland, Tarmalune, is in a state of civil war. Innocents are dying by the thousands, noble house against noble house. The reason being that I died. As you can see I'm still alive and well, but they do not know it. The ruler is my father who hasn't taken any action regarding the civil war yet. The houses are fighting for my title of heir because they think I am gone, after having been hunting me for so long, as you saw with the assassins. This is the thing that interests you, Karl. Vampires have openly shown themselves in some of those houses and are killing honest Raven Queen worshippers, as most branch families of my line are. I can't exactly imagine why, considering we worship a single goddess, but I'm not particularly liking it. There's one thing we can do to stop the bloodshed, however. We need to go to Tarmanlune and prove I am alive. The catch is that I'm at... let's say bad terms with my father and might need help to deal with him. We have at most three months to prepare before we need to deal with the situation, and I ask of this as a personal favor. I will compensate you if we succeed if that's what you care for. Yes, Nadarr, that includes a horde of gems."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 03:37:40 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nadarr stands beside Aurel.

Of course I will come.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I should mention...))

The suns a good part past its zenith, about halfway towards sunset. If the party is going to meet with Olon or not, they should decide or agree soon; the time draws near. You have about two to three hours to ready yourselves.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl considers Aurel's offer for the headquarters, but shakes his head. "I think for the moment, we should table that discussion until after we deal with Olon. He knows all of our names and descriptions, and it would be a shame to build another house, only for it to burn again. By the way, have you discovered what happened to your servant, Aurel?"

"As for the ring and Olon, I agree. Based on what the dwarvern spirit had to say, and the reaction of some of the sages in this town, it is not something to hand out without knowing the character of the person receiving it. Perhaps we can place it in Symon's backpack((The Backpack of Concealment)), and entrust it to the safekeeping of one of the goodly temples?"

I confess I do not know where your homeland lies, Aurel. A civil war where the faithful of the Raven Queen are targetted is indeed something that I would take interest in stopping. However, how long would it take us to reach there? I also have my own obligations that I must discharge soon, by person or by message."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"It seemed that the reason was that Gonzou seemed to have stolen something from my neighbour and given it to my servant when she was alive. Afterwards she sold it and my now ex-neighbour tht has moved most likely set the fire off. As for Petra, well apparently she bred a spider monster baby like the one that killed Symon. It murdered her at birth, leaving no part of her lower body.

That is a possibility but I think it needs somewhere with higher security and not so much chances of a bribe.

Once we deal with my homeland I will likely gain a bit of, let's say political power ehich I think would aid us in all our future endevaours, including whatever obligation you might have with which I will help. We can even do it before we go to my homeland, but regardless of how it is, I can spare only three months before I am absolutely needed there."

((I have no idea how much time it'll take. I know we'll be going by ferry. Let Highmax tell us about this.))
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 01:15:55 pm by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((It wasn't a blade spider. Just a rather big spider, sized small

I assume it would take two weeks, maybe three. I'll get hard numbers soon, as once again, I'm not on my laptop.

EDIT:
I have estimated it will take a little less then 2 weeks, but I don't have an exact distance since its off the map))
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 01:38:33 pm by highmax28 »

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Okay, where'd you get that spider thing? the Book of Vile Darkness?))

Karl winces at Aurel's description. "Poor woman, I'm sorry for your loss." he said somberly. "As for my obligation, it's luckily a simple one. My father awaits word of the recovery of our family heirloom still. I was to return weeks ago, however our dealing with the Necromancer turned out to be something of a delay. Now, I at least need to send him word of its recovery, though I would prefer to return and more formally ask to retain possession of it."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"The trip itself to my homeland would take about two weeks. After we deal with Olon I think it is viable that we can go do whatever each of us has or needs to do. How long will it take to your place, Karl?"

((I think he makes them himself.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 344