Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 340651 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Husks
« Reply #4920 on: May 25, 2015, 12:38:49 pm »

((No encounter power return also means that my Bless Weapon is still active, I take it. Fair's fair, right?))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: May 25, 2015, 12:41:12 pm »

((And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I used an at-will power instead of burning my daily and encounter powers. I even still have my action point! :P ))

((However I finished half the encounter and didn't even let Aurel deal AoE damage to us ;P. This is the first time I didn't miss less than 2 attacks.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: May 25, 2015, 01:04:28 pm »

((No encounter power return also means that my Bless Weapon is still active, I take it. Fair's fair, right?))
((Yup. And your temp HP.

((And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I used an at-will power instead of burning my daily and encounter powers. I even still have my action point! :P ))

((However I finished half the encounter and didn't even let Aurel deal AoE damage to us ;P. This is the first time I didn't miss less than 2 attacks.))

You also stopped a healing enemy, so congrats))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: May 25, 2015, 07:07:15 pm »

((Is joining still a thing?))
((I know its late, but added you to the waitlist. REALLY sorry. Thank apiks for reminding me. I'm always looking for new adventurers. I'm PRETTY sure someone is going to die. And I don't mean scripted either))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: May 25, 2015, 11:59:33 pm »

drink a potion
and second wind

transforming enemy always fun

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: May 26, 2015, 12:54:31 am »

drink a potion
and second wind

transforming enemy always fun
((I can see why Isbat hates anything that doesn't hold a true form))

You heal and steel yourself for the onslaught, recovering (10+12) healing yourself back up.

Thoradin shouts at the other party members to get close to him and box him in! He moves up and uses Implacable advance! His axe hits, dealing (22) damage to the Shadow Hulk!

Weston begins his turn!

Alexander:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: May 26, 2015, 01:07:37 am »

Move within 10 squares of the Necromancer while still keeping at least two-square's distance from the other party members.
Standard: Essence Prism on Necromancer!
Action Point: Chromatic Orb on Necromancer!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: May 26, 2015, 08:28:19 am »

Move within 10 squares of the Necromancer while still keeping at least two-square's distance from the other party members.
Standard: Essence Prism on Necromancer!
Action Point: Chromatic Orb on Necromancer!

(15+7) Your essence prism strikes him, dealing (1+7+7) damage! You then use an action point to cast your signature spell! (19+7) Your orb turns (2) red and strikes the hulk dead in the chest, dealing (6+4+2+7) damage to the necromancer and (2) damage to Thoradin!

The party turns and looks over to see Symon's believed dead body stand up back up!? Scarred and weary, and now with a tattoo of Bahamut on his hand, Symon stands back up, but he faces the enemy. You see his eyes show his humanity, though his weapon and armor say otherwise.

Symon reborn begins his turn!

((Welcome back USEC. You get a free action to stand up, so you have all your actions still))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: May 26, 2015, 10:57:04 am »

((Unless my math is lying to me, the Necromancer should now have lost any and all resistances he might have had :D ))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: May 26, 2015, 11:07:03 am »

((Unless my math is lying to me, the Necromancer should now have lost any and all resistances he might have had :D ))
((Even roll, not even total. Sorry buddy))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: May 26, 2015, 01:39:11 pm »

Symon jumps to his feet as a free action.

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on the Necromancer.
Move Action: Two squares west and two squares north.
Major Action: Menacing Presence on the Necromancer. If it hits, Punitive Radiance activates!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: May 26, 2015, 02:01:01 pm »

((Welcome back, USEC! Missed ya, buddy.

After Symon's turn comes possesed Cromwell. Afterwards is Karl so if Hanzoku wants, he can ready his turn now.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: May 26, 2015, 02:20:01 pm »

Minor: Activate Talon Amulet
Move: Advance 5 squares towards the Necromancer's left side ((on the map))
Standard: Sumon Siga from the statue + healing surge boost
Action Point: Glorious Charge on the Necromancer!

The holy flames surrounding Karl's longsword had begun to gutter with the sudden end of combat, but surged to new and more furious life as the necromancer clawed his way back out of the lava, a creature now of shadows and flame.

Karl leveled his family's blade at the beast as it began to roar in agony, his companion's blows bringing it agony. When he spoke, an echo filled his voice.

"Necromancer. Blasphemer. You seek to place yourself above the Raven Queen? You have the arrogance to challenge her in the domains of fate and death? Know that she is here, watching us. Know that when you die, she will guide you to a place especially chosen for you, cast down from the hights of your hubris.

As he summoned forth Siga, his voice returned to normal. "Flank the necromancer with me, we'll surround him on all sides and strike as he is distracted!" Thundering into a charge, he raises his voice in his familiar warcry. "For the Raven Queen!

((I hope that isn't too much, but I figure if any deity would be interested in what's going on, the Raven Queen certainly would be.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: May 26, 2015, 04:37:05 pm »

Symon jumps to his feet as a free action.

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on the Necromancer.
Move Action: Two squares west and two squares north.
Major Action: Menacing Presence on the Necromancer. If it hits, Punitive Radiance activates!

Symon shouts his memorable Oath of Emnity as he moves over to the Necromancer's shadow form and swings his heavy flail! (14+11) His flail makes a weird noise as it collides with the shadow. It hurts the necromancer as he stumbles and takes ((6d6+6... I don't like these numbers...)) (4+3+6+2+4+4+6) damage, and he takes another (5) damage from your Radiance effect as well as being unable to go invisible and granting combat advantage!

Cromwell begins his turn by Cursing the hulk by mentioning he's compensating for something by being a large creature. He moves up and casts Curse of the Dark Dream! The curse lands, dealing (2+10+7+5+7) damage and hurls the necromancer towards the magma again! The Necromancer falls off, but before he plummets, you see as he grows bigger as he absorbs more shadows and grows to an even larger size with large wings! He, within seconds, is hurled back onto the platform and reforms himself in the center of it, right next to Karl, Cromwell, Thoradin and Symon. Thoradin uses the effect of his power to shift to flank with Karl!

You notice now that he's absorbed more power, the room seems to grow a little more unstable as it seems to be fueled with his magic to form it.

Cromwell casts Witchfire with his action point! The flame goes right through the shadow as his body rips itself apart to avoid the hit.

Minor: Activate Talon Amulet
Move: Advance 5 squares towards the Necromancer's left side ((on the map))
Standard: Sumon Siga from the statue + healing surge boost
Action Point: Glorious Charge on the Necromancer!

The holy flames surrounding Karl's longsword had begun to gutter with the sudden end of combat, but surged to new and more furious life as the necromancer clawed his way back out of the lava, a creature now of shadows and flame.

Karl leveled his family's blade at the beast as it began to roar in agony, his companion's blows bringing it agony. When he spoke, an echo filled his voice.

"Necromancer. Blasphemer. You seek to place yourself above the Raven Queen? You have the arrogance to challenge her in the domains of fate and death? Know that she is here, watching us. Know that when you die, she will guide you to a place especially chosen for you, cast down from the heights of your hubris.

As he summoned forth Siga, his voice returned to normal. "Flank the necromancer with me, we'll surround him on all sides and strike as he is distracted!" Thundering into a charge, he raises his voice in his familiar warcry. "For the Raven Queen!

((I hope that isn't too much, but I figure if any deity would be interested in what's going on, the Raven Queen certainly would be.))

"YOUR GODDESS HOLDS NO POWER OVER THE CHAINED ONE, PALADIN OF THE RAVEN WHORE!"

The mere insult drives you to kill him faster as you activate the talon amulet. Now whenever someone hits you, you deal 1d6 damage to them! Since he's next to you, you summon Siga and give her extra HP! She growls as she hits the ground. You then bring your blade down as you cry out in the name of your goddess whom this blasphemer spat upon! (CRIT) You feel the goddess' might flow through you as you cut deep into him, dealing a brutal (8+8+5+5+7) damage! You heal everyone for (2+4)HP! It isn't much, but its enough to keep the others up on their feet longer!

Siga begins her turn by biting at the Hulk! She fails to do so.

Alexander begins his turn!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: May 26, 2015, 04:41:09 pm »

Minor: Hunter's Quarry on the Necromancer
Standard: Marauder's Rush on the Necromancer
Move to Minor: Off-Hand Strike/b]
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 344