Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 340776 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Husks
« Reply #4785 on: March 04, 2015, 03:03:55 pm »

"Oh, nothing really. You murdered two of them and then took a nap. Where are we anyways?"

Dungeoneering, perception and whatever else I can scrounge for the whole place.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: March 04, 2015, 03:12:54 pm »

"Oh, nothing really. You murdered two of them and then took a nap. Where are we anyways?"

Dungeoneering, perception and whatever else I can scrounge for the whole place.
"I remember that clearly. I'm mean after that arse collapsed the barracks wall and hit me with that rock still attached to his blade.

This is one of the first bedrooms for the nobles that was carved out. This one was for one of the Dwarf Lords in the crypt with the Toady One. I don't remember who, but I remember that silly engraving of dwarves screaming around a bunch of buckets when I passed it by. I still never understood why someone engraved that...

This room was abandoned after a cave in from the upper floors caused the room to collapse, killing a worker who's body took a week to dig up. This was also before we had master engravers, so instead of the room being engraved all over with great stories, this room was merely smoothed over. The room was obviously taken of all belongings save some old furniture. Down the hall are more rooms like this, but they're either empty entirely or have some walls collapsed between them. This one I believe is the most safe of them due to the furniture we can barricade the door with and that the room is still boarded up, hiding us from... Whatever was laughing at us."
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: March 04, 2015, 03:18:58 pm »

"You know how I have some episodes where I'm not myself? That happened to you. Now don't worry about it and let's get this place patched up."

Help barricade the place up.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: March 04, 2015, 06:30:59 pm »

"You know how I have some episodes where I'm not myself? That happened to you. Now don't worry about it and let's get this place patched up."

Help barricade the place up.
((I also seemed to have forgotten Alexander asking what Thoradin about what he saw with his visions, so I'll tackle that))
You manage to get the barricade up and Thoradin sits down and then stares at the floor for a good minute or two as you all get your bedrolls ready. He then unrolls his and then speaks when Alexander asks again about what he saw.

"I... I saw through the eyes of that metal giant... And the atrocities he has or is going to commit. I saw people being ripped apart by his blade in single strokes; each one, a bloody rain of flesh and gore follows. He then found a group of kids hiding after he blew apart their parents with that strange weapon of his... And then he proceeded to rip them apart... Oh gods it was a nightmare... There was so much blood from the wee ones... He then left the buildin' and someone attacked him, but he just kicked him and ran his blade through his stomach as blood and guts flew everywhere... And then those black creatures showed up and started feastin' on the dead before taking over their bodies... And any that lived were overrun. Oh gods, there were so many of them..."

Tears start rolling down his eyes as he grabs his head as if to rip out his own eyes from his skull. He wipes his eyes after a bit and grabs his axe.

"I'll take first watch with one of ya. I don't think I'll be sleepin' properly tonight."

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: March 04, 2015, 08:28:52 pm »

"I call last watch."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: March 05, 2015, 02:24:54 am »

Karl nods his acknowledgement of the middle watch and goes to a corner for his evening prayers. After prayers, he cleans his equipment as best as he can with their surroundings and settles into his bedroll.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: March 05, 2015, 03:17:32 am »

"I guess I can handle second watch."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: March 05, 2015, 04:40:17 am »

Alexander nods and takes first watch with Thoradin, muttering prayers whenever he's bored out of his skull. He also tries to see into his mind to see if everything's still there. He thinks about himself and what brought him to this point. At some point he even laughs at himself. He then mutters another semi-serious prayer that had sarcasm in it.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: March 05, 2015, 10:03:41 am »

Alexander nods and takes first watch with Thoradin, muttering prayers whenever he's bored out of his skull. He also tries to see into his mind to see if everything's still there. He thinks about himself and what brought him to this point. At some point he even laughs at himself. He then mutters another semi-serious prayer that had sarcasm in it.
Thoradin stops you at this and notes that in case of you both being possessed by the dark magic, you both have the possibility of murdering your comrades in their sleep. He instead states Nadarr will be with him and you'll take last watch with Cromwell, leaving Isbat (on his choice) to chisel at his blade during the first watch to free it.

((Still need input from Isbat about that))

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: March 05, 2015, 10:50:05 am »

Take a couple swigs of sake and start to get that damn rock off my sword

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: March 05, 2015, 02:22:26 pm »

Take a couple swigs of sake and start to get that damn rock off my sword
You assist (sort of) in the first watch. It takes you an hour to chip the rock away but you do it. Once done, you get on your bedroll and rest.

(5+10) You moan and groan in your sleep as the pain from your wound from Thoradin begins to sting more then usual. Thoradin hardly notices, thinking it to be a quick hangover kicking in. Deep within his own thoughts, he stays silent, but he begins doing more calming techniques with Nadarr after awhile to help lessen his feral instincts on full moons. He seems more intense into it this time around. Time passes and Thoradin judges enough time has passed and awakens Weston and Karl who take second watch, the moaning from Isbat tossing and turning faint. His breathing becomes more panicked, almost hyperventilating, but he curls up in his bedroll and continues to toss and turn.

As Karl and Weston chat over the light of Nadarr's staff, a loud THUD is heard as the door is slammed, and the furniture begins moving. The loud noise awakens some of the party, but then a loud ear piercing screech that causes the entire party to grasp their ears in pain echoes in the room as something struggles to break in!

(??) The furniture collapses, and the door shatters, with wooden splinters flying all across the room! Thoradin grabs his axe and roars as he stands, and you see a humanoid figure stand in the door but run off after that familiar laughter is heard again. Thoradin runs out into the hall, looks around and walks back into the room and stacks the rest of the furniture over the doorway, using his axe to brace it all.

The watch resumes as normal after that incident. The party sleeps uneasily, but enough to fully recover after Karl and Weston swap off with Cromwell and Alexander. The party awakens with two days left before the Necromancer takes full control.

As the party gets packed up, Thoradin steps outside and asks Alexander to aid him in tracking that thing that came last night. In the meantime, Isbat claims he cannot get up due to feeling weak from pain and sickness.

What does the party do?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: March 05, 2015, 02:30:44 pm »

"You probably drank too much, you damn fool."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: March 05, 2015, 03:05:54 pm »

"Right, let's find this time. We don't nearly have the time to wait this time around. Especially not for injured or sick."

Heal check Isbat. Help Thoradin track the creature down.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: March 05, 2015, 04:33:03 pm »

Go with Thoradin and Alexander
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: March 05, 2015, 05:02:48 pm »

"Right, let's find this time. We don't nearly have the time to wait this time around. Especially not for injured or sick."

Heal check Isbat. Help Thoradin track the creature down.

You go up to Isbat and try getting him back up. (13+10) You manage, through the use of pressure points and some massage techniques, Isbat is in less pain and doesn't feel so sick anymore.

You then assist Thoradin in tracking the creature. (19+10) You manage to faintly, find a path that the creature took. Its not fresh at all, but its tracks take it to be a human or something of those proportions. You start following the trail as Thoradin helps Isbat keep his balance as for some moments, he stumbles a bit. Wandering the halls, you find that the tracks lead all over the place, but they cut off randomly and then suddenly come back. You then see more tracks, none that match the partys, but reveals to still be at least a day old that resembles a dwarfs proportions. Judging by the quality of the bootprint, Thoradin doesn't think it to be an undead. He comes to the conclusion that there's a human and a dwarf wandering the area, the human is the laughing one, and the dwarf may be another survivor.

You wander around, following the tracks that seem to eventually loop all over this floor. (??) Isbat trips and has a hard time getting up, and Thoradin aids him, helping him get up and keep his balance long enough to get on his own feet. In that process, the halls seem to darken again, and Thoradin shouts that there may be more husks and prepares his axe. Then the screaming pierces the silence and the darkness turns your vision to blackness and several of you feel as if something grabbed you or pushed you. You hear rumbling and then small pieces of stones fall and dust starts falling off the engravings, causing a thick cloud of darkness and dust. Thoradin rushes towards where he beleived Alexander was with Isbat using him as a support. Karl and Cromwell seem to bump into each other and fall into a doorway and into a room, though dusty, not affected by the darkness and seems to be lit up. Lastly, Nadarr and Weston seem to be pushed by a wall and knocked down into another slide! The screaming echoes as you slide down the chute, eventually fading away as the scream turns into mocking laughter, that which everyone hears save Karl and Cromwell.

The party has been seperated... Again.

((***Due to the next parts having some !!FUN!! and are specific to each character, all actions and turns/events will be spoilered. I also ask that until I say you can, all posts be put in spoilers and not be read by others.***))

Isbat:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Karl:

Cromwell:

Nadarr:

Weston:

Alexander:

Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 344