Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 340836 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Isbat - Ruby Scabbard, Wave Strider Boots, Thunderweave Armor
Nadarr - Flame Bracers, Enchant Magic Item Ritual, Blessed Book
Alexander - Oathblade Bastard Sword +1
Cromwell - Zy Tormtor's Pact Blade +1, Leather Armor of Dark Majesty +1
Weston - Amulet of Protection +1, Shadowdance Cloth Armor +1
Karl - Lightning Battleaxe (if noone else claims), Dwarvern Thrower Warhammer +1 (same)
The party claims their gear and leaves the rest of the dragon's hoard for now. Hopefully, you can come back and claim it if you make it out alive. The party can now either explore the caverns more or head back and descend down deeper into the fortress. What does the party do?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Not-so Jolly Green Cave Dr
« Reply #4696 on: February 04, 2015, 04:11:16 pm »

"We should head back to the fortress. We need to end this, for good."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

"Unfortunately, I have to agree. A rest might be beneficial though. That dragon ate most of my best spells..."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"With both the burrower and the dragon defeated, I agree that we should turn our attention to the Necromancer. I'd like it if we could find our way back to the tome of the founder of this fortress, as it untouched by the necromancere's evil and would provide a safer place to rest. If that's not possible, we should move away from where we butchered the dragon before resting. I'd rather not find out what cave dwellers might come for such a feast of carrion as we've left there."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The party heads back towards the pillar with the stairs. Sadly, without Sigia guiding you, its almost impossible to get back at the same pace as you were before. Where it took you almost no time at all before, it takes you a long time to get back. Without the sun to tell you the time of day, you cannot tell how long you were wandering in the dark for. You head back into the stair hall and climb up back towards toady's tomb, but as you ascend, you notice that rubble has blocked your way out.

"Bastard got us stuck down 'ere. There's a second stair hall to get up if I recall how deep we are, but the easiest way to access it is going down again deeper into the fortress and then looping back up that way. We would have to reach one of the deepest parts of the fortress before we get there... And I'm fairly certain there will be more undead as we go deeper, especially since a lot of people were herded deeper into the fortress until we were infiltrated. The only safe place I can think of between here and there are the barracks, and there's a few halls we have to traverse before we get there. Any deeper, and I won't be able to tell you much except the deepest part is the forges. And I think that's where our enemy waits"

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I assume Siga is out until we have another extended rest?))

"Let's find those barracks then and rest there. I'd rather not run into too many undead before we're ready for them."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

"Agreed."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

"I'd have to agree on that note. Let us rest and face the upcoming enemy at full strength."

Dungeoneering check to see if I can figure something out.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Nadarr nods agreement.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Sounds good to me."
The Derail Thread

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Onward!
As isbat walks the opposite dirrection

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

"Isbat is your name? Hurry up with your piss and come the correct way."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hmm? ah **** already getting lost in here again
isbat turns around and begins to go the right way again

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The party agrees to head deeper into the fortress to rest at the barracks. You descend back down into the stairs, passing the opening to the caverns. Deeper and deeper you go, step by step. There are openings shredded open by the wurm, but you don't dare slide down them, with Thoradin stops anyone crazy enough to try. Weston's shrunken head ((because I forgot about it)) finally gets the chance to speak as it somehow frees itself from its binds and berates and compliments Weston for kicking the dragon while its down. Its disposition goes up by 1, but you still have to listen to it sing horribly about the party slaying a dragon. Thoradin after awhile looks at the party and sings along with it after taking a big gulp of booze. As you go deeper, Thoradin and the head end up ending, and in a few minutes, you make it to the bottom of the stairs.

The lights are out here, but Nadarr's light spell gives enough light to see enough. You swear as you enter the hallway, that his light goes dimmer. You walk into the halls and Thoradin looks around and then looks puzzled.

"I... I don't remember it being like this... This hall was never dark. This is where we have our barracks and some of our noble's officies. The Toady One never had one here, but these halls were ALWAYS lit... This is bad... Lets go. I hope I can remember it..."

You walk down the corridors a bit and every now and then, you hear noises that throw you off. Thoradin picks up his pace and keeps his nose in the air. Nadarr smells something as well with his wolf senses, but cannot tell what it is. It smells something like meat that's rotted but its not the smell of death and decay. Its also got the scent of steel in there as well. Another noises that sounds like snickering is heard behind the party, causing some of the party members to jump, and others to turn to attack, but nothing is seen. Glimpses of faces are seen as well in front of the party, but everytime Thoradin moves up to attack, its gone as fast as it came. All of them are wicked smiles with pupil-less eyes. The eyes are empty, but the face shows mockery towards you. You eventually come to the door to the barracks, which is closed but unlocked. Thoradin goes to open it and you hear a loud scream of a woman deep within the halls, followed by a loud snicker that everyone is certain isn't the sound of the small shadow creatures.

Thoradin then kicks the door open in a quick act that you cannot tell was out of fear, desperation or frustration. The stone door slams against the wall and the light reveals three figures on the floor that don't seem to be zombies. A couple steps into the room and the figures move. After a quick look, you notice that it has black spiritless eyes that radiate that same dark aura found on that wurm and that wall. You also notice as it stands at its full height, its Karl's height and width in terms of body structure, but you notice its SEWN together with parts of it that seem to not even be part of the body normally. The legs even seem disproportionate, but it seems to compensate all oddities with a shadowy mark that seems to keep it all held together like a bandage. Its muscles rival any of those of the party, and despite being made of sewn material, it seems more sturdy then the rest of the party as well. It wears a set of chainmail with a brutal looking sword with a nasty jagged edge similar to a lightning bolt with a shield in the other hand. Suddenly, a dark aura forms around its head as it stares blankly for a bit and then covers most of his head after solidifying into a black helmet with a white skull marked on it. Its blank stare turns to you, but its blank stare is no longer blank, but now full of rage and the full intent of killing you. It speaks in a fell and dark language to its two allies.

Alexander:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The only word that sounded normal out of their words seemed to be the word "husk"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((The husks begin their turn, but I got guitar lessons right now. The first 3 people in the initiative are controlled by me, then Weston goes. Feel free to post reactions in the meantime))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Actually, Weston gave the troll head to me, remember? So he wouldn't need to jump in lava.))
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 344