Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342090 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): Off Chasing Bandits
« Reply #3390 on: May 25, 2014, 01:42:11 am »

Weston picks up the pack of cards, accidentally smearing about 6 drops worth of blood on the cards from the wounds he took during the battle.
"Fancy."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: May 25, 2014, 01:52:03 am »

((And I've got intimidate and a load of illusions/cantrips. If you really want it, I can have Nadarr toss it to you. I doubt he cares that much. But I rather like the idea of it. It even goes with my avatar (Mat Cauthon). Still, it'd be rather selfish not to give it if you want it :P))
((I've got +9 Intimidate and Bluff last I checked. No cantrips, but sometimes you just need pure powers of bullshitting :P
Up to you, I guess. I doubt I'll be taking much, just a staff and maybe that cloth armor if no-one else wants it.))
((That armor is pretty good. I admit though, this loot roll idea gives less magical gear, but more stuff. Before I rolled each person a percentile if they got an item that related to them, which gave some people an abundance of magical gear *cough cough* Aurel and Grot *cough!*. This one does a set of items, does a percentile on the quality of the items after figuring out what's what (1-30 is mundane, 31-60 is decent, 61-90 is good, and 91-99 is double loot, 100 is everyone gets something special). The chests were fun though, which was 1d6 for being a choice of 6 options (cash, armor, magical gear (kind of the jackpot here), potions/alchemy items, weapons and junk). I also rolled really high on the food thing after I took each food item and rolled a percentile to see how many units there were (and they did raid several caravans that had several people on them, right? And they gotta eat too). I did over-roll on the feasts a bit though, but I do remember that common meals and feasts need to be consumed 3 times a day to prevent starvation (aka it's breakfast, lunch OR dinner instead of all 3 in a bag of waybread or something)))

((Eh. Fine, lol. Guess I'm just chasing after a dream of Nadarr gambling with the Dark One's own luck.))

Nadarr looks at the cards and briefly considers using them, but he doesn't want to put his money on the line. Speaking of....

Nadarr runs after Thyra and Cromwell, shouting about his share of the money! As he moves past Weston, he drops the cards and they land at his feet. Nadarr keeps going.

((Eh. May the odds be ever in your favour?))

((Edit: Just checked. I have so many bonuses to intimidate. How'd I never realise this before? :P

Another Edit: Wait, I did realise that when I pretended to be Tiamat XD))
Thyra puts down the chest. "We all did the work so we each get a share. With that fancy new staff of yours, you still get an equal share, but not more."

She taps Cromwell's almost solemn face to look at him.

"Karl, Symon; which of you is better with knowing about possessions? I'm no cleric, but something took over Cromwell. It doesn't seem to be bothering him too much, but it IS a drastic change..."

((Btw, no one but Alexander knows about the residumm yet except Alexander and possessed Cromwell))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: May 25, 2014, 02:06:01 am »

Nadarr tries to recall what watching Aurel deal with Thyra taught him.

Not to let things fall on her, and don't mention a woman's age. Drat. No use at all.

Trying not to look too long at the chest, he says, quite calmly:

You call my staff equal payment? It's not. That pack of cards over there, that Weston just picked up? That's magical. Would you deny him some of his share? I worked for this staff, Thyra, and whilst you may not know how much it takes to change the fire-blasted essence of a magical staff, I do! I deserve some coin. It is my right.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: May 25, 2014, 05:51:25 am »

Keep the residuum and the ritual book for now and give the dagger from the chest to Cromwell.

Take a set of scale mail and a set of leather mail. Also take a set of thievery tools. Check out the set of hide armor in comparison to mine.

"I suggest the food be kept in our main supply of food. I would think that each of us have enough food to manage on their own, but we can store this food for now. We might want to sell some of it though, lest it goes bad."

Eyes the feasts.

Take the potion of cure light wounds and 2 bottles of alchemist's Frost.

Check the longswords. Check what the symbol of turning does.

If I'm the only one in the other tent with Cromwell, take all the gold in it (If it's not only me and Cromwell, just dump it with the other gold) and put the bedrolls and rags with the rest of the dump of loot. Rags might be useful for makeshift bandages. Take the letter and analyze it, trying to see if I can recognize anything in it.

After all is said and done, assuming nobody has any issues with what I've taken, check up what's wrong with Cromwell. Also, I don't think I can exactly return the bag of holding to Nadarr after he told me to put wolfsbane in it. So I'm going to hold onto it for now until he decides to take it and find wolfsbane waiting for him.

Thank Olladra for the good grace she has shown me in regards to freedom and pray for a few minutes whilst the others are still getting ready.

((This is just like an anti-Nadarr repellent for theft, isn't it? xD You guys decide on how to split the gold. Alexander has little say in the matter.))
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 05:55:02 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: May 25, 2014, 07:24:55 am »

Nadarr tries to recall what watching Aurel deal with Thyra taught him.

Not to let things fall on her, and don't mention a woman's age. Drat. No use at all.

Trying not to look too long at the chest, he says, quite calmly:

You call my staff equal payment? It's not. That pack of cards over there, that Weston just picked up? That's magical. Would you deny him some of his share? I worked for this staff, Thyra, and whilst you may not know how much it takes to change the fire-blasted essence of a magical staff, I do! I deserve some coin. It is my right.
"You misheard me. I said you're not getting a LARGER cut then anyone else.

Keep the residuum and the ritual book for now and give the dagger from the chest to Cromwell.

Take a set of scale mail and a set of leather mail. Also take a set of thievery tools. Check out the set of hide armor in comparison to mine.

"I suggest the food be kept in our main supply of food. I would think that each of us have enough food to manage on their own, but we can store this food for now. We might want to sell some of it though, lest it goes bad."

Eyes the feasts.

Take the potion of cure light wounds and 2 bottles of alchemist's Frost.

Check the longswords. Check what the symbol of turning does.

If I'm the only one in the other tent with Cromwell, take all the gold in it (If it's not only me and Cromwell, just dump it with the other gold) and put the bedrolls and rags with the rest of the dump of loot. Rags might be useful for makeshift bandages. Take the letter and analyze it, trying to see if I can recognize anything in it.

After all is said and done, assuming nobody has any issues with what I've taken, check up what's wrong with Cromwell. Also, I don't think I can exactly return the bag of holding to Nadarr after he told me to put wolfsbane in it. So I'm going to hold onto it for now until he decides to take it and find wolfsbane waiting for him.

Thank Olladra for the good grace she has shown me in regards to freedom and pray for a few minutes whilst the others are still getting ready.

((This is just like an anti-Nadarr repellent for theft, isn't it? xD You guys decide on how to split the gold. Alexander has little say in the matter.))
You just start to realize that the elf and the eladrin already pitched it together and walked towards the others. As for the long swords, they are nothing special.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The rags are put into one big bag and you count 20 rags roughly. Some of them are stained with oil, however.  There are 14 bedrolls, most are already rolled up. You hold onto Nadarr's extra bag of holding. Putting your hand in to check what's inside, you find several pairs of socks, some wine and a dagger.

You attempt to give Cromwell the dagger but he ignores it. Well crap.

You grab a set of scale mail and an extra set of leather armor. You're starting to get a weight problem. ((I'll get all the details, as well as dividing the gold up when I get on my laptop))

You brig up the letter in front of Thyra and the others and Thyra asks what you found. One of the bandits, the one that Karl interrogated, shouts at you.

"Hey! That letter is to my wife Agata! Throw me in prison to let me rot, but please... Let her have that 50 gold to settle some debts that are killing us..."

EDIT:
Alexander is now carrying a heavy load... until he shoves a few things into Nadarr's bag of holding
((From the compendium:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thank you wizards for having all the rules at my fingertips! This helps greatly. Also, 3lbs away fro normal load for reference))

Thyra, in order to convince Nadarr he heard her wrong, starts to divide the gold. She leaves the 50gp out in case the party decides to give it to the bandit's wife. She counts up that everyone, equally, gets 270gp 1 silver and 3 copper (one person gets an extra copper piece. I can roll it randomly or you can decide). She tosses Nadarr his share and then turns to Alexander.

"You did your end of the bargain, here's your share. I'm sure there's more in it for you if you come with us. After all, we did lose someone who was ind of spearheading this entire thing."

As the loot is divided, everyone starts to feel a shadow loom over the camp. Thyra suggests that you throw the chests on the regular cart and get moving. She also tells Alexander to drive the second cart as Symon rides the first one. She starts to load the chests onto the cart but they're a little bit too heavy for her to do it alone. Cromwell stares blankly at nothing as this happens.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 08:31:30 am by highmax28 »

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: May 25, 2014, 09:07:38 am »

Put some stuff into the cart and bag of holding. Go to the bandit and talk to him.

"You got some nerve to be talking to me like that after all that happened. Your wife. Where is she and why do you have such debts. Tell me the details."

Listen to Thyra and do as she says. Now give me a full inventory check.

"I'll stick around with you bunch. You seem interesting. Where you travelling to?"
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: May 25, 2014, 09:22:23 am »

Put some stuff into the cart and bag of holding. Go to the bandit and talk to him.

"You got some nerve to be talking to me like that after all that happened. Your wife. Where is she and why do you have such debts. Tell me the details."

Listen to Thyra and do as she says. Now give me a full inventory check.

"I'll stick around with you bunch. You seem interesting. Where you travelling to?"
He looks at you with fear, but you don't see him lying.

"I made a few bad choices and I bought some stuff off of a black market trader. She started charging interest after I paid her full price and as leverage, she took my firstborn son. I had to make money quickly, and my friend who YOU killed told me that I can make some decent pay doing this work. After a few more raids, we would've had enough to pay her back and I would have had given up this job without a care. If you'll do me some justice, if you find that black market whore in town, convince her to give back my son or report her to the guards. I can't help my wife in this state..."

He describes what she looks like and it is the exact description of the woman that was killed in the alleyway. Its clear the woman had made many enemies.

((Because I forgot this part)) Alexander then heads off for a moment and heads towards where the bandit's bodies were to pray to his god... However, he stands silently staring at the blood patterns strewn on the bodies as if they were a horrible grotesque picture.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: May 25, 2014, 09:28:20 am »

Touch my eyes and calm down my hurried breathing, brushing the sweat off my forehead.

"Everyone. Get ready to go. Now. We don't have time. What are you waiting for? GO!"
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: May 25, 2014, 09:29:28 am »

Nadarr takes his money, then turns to Alexander.

That is my Residuum, my Book and my bag of holding. I didn't pick up those things in my rush to get gold, but it was me who found them, not you. ((I asked the DM, I did find them, not Alex :P))

Do not make me repay you for that kick early, Alexander. I'm not...nice when I'm angry.

Nadarr smiles, and not pleasantly.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: May 25, 2014, 09:32:49 am »

Nadarr takes his money, then turns to Alexander.

That is my Residuum, my Book and my bag of holding. I didn't pick up those things in my rush to get gold, but it was me who found them, not you. ((I asked the DM, I did find them, not Alex :P))

Do not make me repay you for that kick early, Alexander. I'm not...nice when I'm angry.

Nadarr smiles, and not pleasantly.
(19+9 vs 15) Though he doesn't look it, you're fairly certain you scared the shit out of Alexander.

Alexander is EXTREMELY intimidated by Nadarr ((this SHOULD affect what you say/do))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: May 25, 2014, 09:36:22 am »

Alexander, already scared before the dragonborn threatened him, threw him the requested items.

"Take the bloody things if it'll get you moving! Now prepare to leave or it'll be both our heads!"

He panics and frantically tries to get everything ready to leave.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: May 25, 2014, 09:38:15 am »

But I want to have another look around the place...

There's nothing here to harm us. Who knows what else could be stashed away?

Nadarr quickly checks out the camp again. As quickly as possible; Alexander did seem pretty scared.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: May 25, 2014, 09:42:10 am »

Suddenly Alexander stops in mid-frenzy and calmly recollects himself. He gets both his swords out and shouts into the woods in a language not understood by the rest of the party. Alexander seems rather angry at this point.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: May 25, 2014, 09:47:34 am »

Weston notes Thyra's urgency and helps her load the cart as quickly as possible.

"We can sort out who gets what later! Let's get this stuff back to town where we'll be safe!"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: May 25, 2014, 09:56:51 am »

As soon as Nadarr finds anything, or if he doesn't after the time it takes to get everything loaded, he sprints back to the cart nd help leave. Alexander is freaking him out a bit now, and he's seen too much weird stuff lately.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 344