Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342512 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): Bounty Hunters in Mosstone
« Reply #2985 on: April 18, 2014, 03:25:13 am »

((Also, Aurel's supposed to be dealing tons of hand-to-hand damage. After all, it's the same over here, ain't it?))

"I cannot say. We've been taking measures to use chains and locks to keep him under control during the bad moons as to not risk anything. The bad moons are rare though, once a month I believe and can it can be prepared for in advance. It didn't work out in the last city because the thieves showed up at the wrong time just as I was coming with the locks. In the worst case scenario, he'll be released into the wilderness for one night so he doesn't harm anybody, like what happened last time. It's a rather controlled event. You shouldn't worry about it too much. When he changes of his own volition, he does retain a large amount of his sanity, even if more feral. He won't attack you then. Now, I think this answers all your questions. Or is there something else you needed? I suggest you don't tease Nadarr about it. It's not a thing for teasing and I understand why."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: April 18, 2014, 06:07:08 am »

Karl smirks a little at that. "I think you're mistaking us for Cromwell. I, at least, would not make light of this.".

His expression sobers. "On that note, though each person who knows makes it that much harder... we should keep this a secret from Symon. While I don't have any religious imperative in this matter, I believe Symon would see it as his religious duty to fight Nadarr, given how he chased him through the last town. Have you and Nadarr considered any ways to break the news gently to Symon?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: April 18, 2014, 06:17:21 am »

Karl smirks a little at that. "I think you're mistaking us for Cromwell. I, at least, would not make light of this.".

His expression sobers. "On that note, though each person who knows makes it that much harder... we should keep this a secret from Symon. While I don't have any religious imperative in this matter, I believe Symon would see it as his religious duty to fight Nadarr, given how he chased him through the last town. Have you and Nadarr considered any ways to break the news gently to Symon?"

"Symon is a dangerous element. He's a foolish young man that so strongly holds to his beliefs that it'll get him or others killed one day. He needs to understand that not everything said to be evil is so and that even if it is, some evils are necessary. At this point unless he stops his blind belief and rationalizes it, I think it'll just erupt into a fight if we tell him. But I thought he also read the note that Weston sent us, is that not true? In this case he does know what Nadarr is. I hope you'll help me hold him down if it comes to it, Karl. We're so close to the Fortress that it would be ridiculous if we broke off here. I think we should retire for the night, it has definitely gotten quite late."

((Did I get a full rest when I went to sleep and Nadarr woke me up?)

If I haven't finished my sleep, do so. If, however, I have finished it, find Nadarr after everybody of the party in the inn have retired to their chambers.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: April 18, 2014, 08:13:37 am »

((You did get it))
You leave the room and go next door to find Nadarr sleeping. (?) he doesn't notice you
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: April 18, 2014, 08:20:35 am »

((So help me, of you try to steal my pants...))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: April 18, 2014, 08:29:40 am »

Karl retires to his room and does some serious praying to the Raven Queen, asking her for her guidance in what has transpired and what is to come. After prayers, he catches whatever sleep he can.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: April 18, 2014, 09:39:49 am »

Carefully examine the body, check for wounds.

"What do you remember about what happened?"

"I remember hearing a scream and running to investigate. There was a person with a bloody knife standing over her. He had a mask on, so I did not see his face. He... told me that it wasn't my time to die yet, and stabbed me with a knife before I could react."

((To be fair, Symon doesn't model correctly in Wizardry. He's a cleric, but his subtype is something like religious berserker. Combat-wise, he'd probably play more like a lightly-armored Lord then an outright Cleric.

Also, everything ignoring Karl to attack Symon sounds disturbingly accurate.))

((I believe that fanatic is the word you're looking for. I'd also take badass.

Also, it does sound very accurate. Which is a bit silly, but Symon can take it. Sorta.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: April 18, 2014, 09:40:50 am »

Weston returned to his room, idly wondered who the next person with a deadly secret would be, and went to sleep.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: April 18, 2014, 11:31:48 am »

Wake up Nadarr and ask him to tell me what happened with the assassin.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: April 18, 2014, 06:10:09 pm »

Carefully examine the body, check for wounds.

"What do you remember about what happened?"

"I remember hearing a scream and running to investigate. There was a person with a bloody knife standing over her. He had a mask on, so I did not see his face. He... told me that it wasn't my time to die yet, and stabbed me with a knife before I could react."

Cromwell stopped for a second to look over at Symon.
"Was there anything unique about the mask? Any markings? Did it seem... unusual in any way?"
He stood upright.
"Do you remember what color it was?"
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: April 18, 2014, 07:35:02 pm »

Nadarr wakes up, disgruntled at being woken.

What? That bloody man? He told me to go back and make you come yourself, with money. He told me!

And what of you? I doubt you three went in there to have a party. What is the view of the others?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: April 19, 2014, 01:54:32 am »

What? That bloody man? He told me to go back and make you come yourself, with money. He told me!

And what of you? I doubt you three went in there to have a party. What is the view of the others?

"I managed to convince them you're not a threat to the party itself and won't go berserker anymore. The only thing we have to worry about is Symon and Thyra. But I think me and Karl agreed to try and convince him if he finds out, and hold him down if need be while he calms down. We're leaving in the morning. Get a good night's rest and remember to lock your door next time. I'll deal with the bloody man sooner or later."

If Nadarr has nothing else to tell me, leave the inn into the town where I quietly roam about, checking what people are outside, out of a guard's eye.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: April 19, 2014, 08:57:39 am »

Cromwell stopped for a second to look over at Symon.
"Was there anything unique about the mask? Any markings? Did it seem... unusual in any way?"
He stood upright.
"Do you remember what color it was?"

Symon shrugs a bit, "It was painted to look like a human skull. Otherwise it did not seem unusual to me in any way."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: April 19, 2014, 10:47:24 am »

"I managed to convince them you're not a threat to the party itself and won't go berserker anymore. The only thing we have to worry about is Symon and Thyra. But I think me and Karl agreed to try and convince him if he finds out, and hold him down if need be while he calms down. We're leaving in the morning. Get a good night's rest and remember to lock your door next time. I'll deal with the bloody man sooner or later."

If Nadarr has nothing else to tell me, leave the inn into the town where I quietly roam about, checking what people are outside, out of a guard's eye.
You wander about town and run into an alleyway and find Cromwell and Symon checking out a dead body. (?) they don't notice you

((for once Symon misses something due to concealment and Aurel's stealth check

And am I the only one who sees Cromwell teleporting into a room and going "HEY KIDS! WANNA SEE A DEAD BODY!?"))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: April 19, 2014, 11:06:00 am »

Wait in hiding to see what they're doing. If they start going my way of the alley, hide somewhere.
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 344