Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342989 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): On the Road Again
« Reply #2580 on: April 07, 2014, 11:51:40 pm »

Turns and talks to Symon.

"Symon. I want to talk to you about what happened in the town, as to avoid future such engagements. What you did was incredibly childish and could've gotten us all killed, including the guards. Did your mentor not teach you to value your own life? I'm sure most teachers say that when somebody like yourself says that you want to give up your life for some cause.

Also, since you're so close to Thyra, mind sharing what's wrong with her? She's been acting like a mouse cornered by a rat."

((*sigh*, it's hard to roleplay Aurel due to his personality, past and present state. And I'm lovin' it.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: April 08, 2014, 10:06:19 am »

"Symon. I want to talk to you about what happened in the town, as to avoid future such engagements. What you did was incredibly childish and could've gotten us all killed, including the guards. Did your mentor not teach you to value your own life? I'm sure most teachers say that when somebody like yourself says that you want to give up your life for some cause."

"They told me to put my faith in Bahamut, that if I dedicated my life and soul to him I will not falter. They told that if I die I must do so gladly, for I had been chosen by their god, our god, my god, for great things. So everytime I fail to confront evil, to protect those who cannot protect themselves, and uphold justice, I fail not only Bahamut, but everyone I ever knew or cared about." Symon looks deathly serious as he says this.

"Also, since you're so close to Thyra, mind sharing what's wrong with her? She's been acting like a mouse cornered by a rat."

Unfortunately Symon is still 16, and so his seriousness melts away as he blushes and stammers, "I-I-I-I-I'm n-n-n-n-not c-c-c-close w-with h-h-her."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: April 08, 2014, 10:24:22 am »

"Symon. I want to talk to you about what happened in the town, as to avoid future such engagements. What you did was incredibly childish and could've gotten us all killed, including the guards. Did your mentor not teach you to value your own life? I'm sure most teachers say that when somebody like yourself says that you want to give up your life for some cause."

"They told me to put my faith in Bahamut, that if I dedicated my life and soul to him I will not falter. They told that if I die I must do so gladly, for I had been chosen by their god, our god, my god, for great things. So everytime I fail to confront evil, to protect those who cannot protect themselves, and uphold justice, I fail not only Bahamut, but everyone I ever knew or cared about." Symon looks deathly serious as he says this.

"Also, since you're so close to Thyra, mind sharing what's wrong with her? She's been acting like a mouse cornered by a rat."

Unfortunately Symon is still 16, and so his seriousness melts away as he blushes and stammers, "I-I-I-I-I'm n-n-n-n-not c-c-c-close w-with h-h-her."

"It's a bit selfish to think like that, Symon. And dangerous to not only you but everybody around you. But I guess such stubbornness is a common sight among the young ones. It matters little, really, you will learn with time. Just try not to get us killed."

"You aren't? I was under the impression that you two got very close during these last few days, in comparison to me. Why, I bet you're probably checking on her every so often even right now. But she does worry me, Symon. You know full well the dangers we face. If there is something that might hinder us or endanger her, it would be for the best for us to know before something happens."

Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: April 08, 2014, 10:31:06 am »

"You aren't? I was under the impression that you two got very close during these last few days, in comparison to me. Why, I bet you're probably checking on her every so often even right now. But she does worry me, Symon. You know full well the dangers we face. If there is something that might hinder us or endanger her, it would be for the best for us to know before something happens."

"C-c-c-can't you a-ask h-her? I-I-I d-don't k-know."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: April 08, 2014, 10:36:01 am »

"C-c-c-can't you a-ask h-her? I-I-I d-don't k-know."

"Do you fancy a foot in your crotch, Symon? Because I don't."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: April 08, 2014, 10:38:56 am »

"W-w-w-what? O-o-oh. S-s-s-should I w-w-wake h-h-her?" Symon asks, his eyes darting to Thyra.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: April 08, 2014, 10:43:59 am »

"W-w-w-what? O-o-oh. S-s-s-should I w-w-wake h-h-her?" Symon asks, his eyes darting to Thyra.

An overdramatic quiet desperate plea.

"No! Do not wake her up! Listen, Symon, I'm going to teach you something crucial. Waking a woman up is the same as waking a sleeping lion. Cute until the moment you wake it up, when it'll maul your face."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: April 08, 2014, 10:46:59 am »

"No! Do not wake her up! Listen, Symon, I'm going to teach you something crucial. Waking a woman up is the same as waking a sleeping lion. Cute until the moment you wake it up, when it'll maul your face."

"O-o-oh. W-w-what s-s-s-s-should I d-do t-then?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: April 08, 2014, 10:56:46 am »

"O-o-oh. W-w-what s-s-s-s-should I d-do t-then?"

"During the day, just try and ask her if anything is wrong. Or tell somebody else to ask for you. Or even just observe her more to notice something out of the usual. She seems to act friendly near you so she might tell you."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: April 08, 2014, 11:01:46 am »

"During the day, just try and ask her if anything is wrong. Or tell somebody else to ask for you. Or even just observe her more to notice something out of the usual. She seems to act friendly near you so she might tell you."

"I-I g-g-guess. S-s-sure." Symon catches himself staring at Thyra, and turns back to face Aurel. "I-I-I d-don't k-know if I-I'll... g-g-g-get anything."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: April 08, 2014, 11:04:19 am »

"I-I g-g-guess. S-s-sure." Symon catches himself staring at Thyra, and turns back to face Aurel. "I-I-I d-don't k-know if I-I'll... g-g-g-get anything."

"You'll be fine. Just remember to wink. Ladies love that stuff. Though I'm not too sure about how refined Thyra is."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: April 08, 2014, 11:05:02 am »

"You'll be fine. Just remember to wink. Ladies love that stuff. Though I'm not too sure about how refined Thyra is."

"W-w-wink?" Symon asks, blushing slightly.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: April 08, 2014, 11:07:28 am »

"W-w-wink?" Symon asks, blushing slightly.

"Well yes, you close one eye and open it quickly, maybe sometimes adding a quick smile and turning around. You'd be surprised at all the reactions you get from women in courts. I think I once got a reaction from a barmaid too. Well, Thyra seems to like you so she should find it a rather interesting thing for you to do. That'll be your moment to strike, err, I mean ask."

((I can't believe I'm seriously giving this kind of advice to Symon. I'm going to have such a good laugh.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: April 08, 2014, 11:12:28 am »

"Well yes, you close one eye and open it quickly, maybe sometimes adding a quick smile and turning around. You'd be surprised at all the reactions you get from women in courts. I think I once got a reaction from a barmaid too. Well, Thyra seems to like you so she should find it a rather interesting thing for you to do. That'll be your moment to strike, err, I mean ask."

"I-I-I-I-I-Interesting? Y-y-y-you m-mean, flirting?" Symon asks, his cheeks now blazing red as he realizes what Aurel is talking about.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: April 08, 2014, 11:16:18 am »

"I-I-I-I-I-Interesting? Y-y-y-you m-mean, flirting?" Symon asks, his cheeks now blazing red as he realizes what Aurel is talking about.

"Well I guess you could call this a part of flirting, but flirting itself encompasses a more deep and lengthy topic. A wink could be a part of it, but it can also be considered a rather neutral form of expression to indicate an interest, messing around or even just joking around with somebody. Hardest thing would be to use the correct context as to not insult them. But since you seem more interested in flirting, would you like for me to teach you in the secret ways? This time I'll even correctly revise it for Thyra if you want!"
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 344