Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 343099 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): On the Road Again
« Reply #2475 on: March 30, 2014, 11:48:25 pm »

"An heir, huh? I'd ask to who's throne, but I wouldn't know them anyway. Sounds like a fun family."
He looked up at the mention of Aurel's secret.
"How'd those turn out for you?"

Laughs a bit with his back turned to Cromwell, and then turns around with a serious face.

"Both hate my guts. One of them dead I believe and the other one part of my family and trying to murder me as well."

"It's nothing as grand as a throne, really. It's just a county that's been in my family's possession for as long as I know and have heard stories of. What about  you, Cromwell? Any interesting points to mention? I'm sure you've used your skills for more than just travelling."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: March 31, 2014, 12:09:57 am »

"Huh."
He mused on it for a bit.
"Well, I'm not related to anyone of any particular importance. Didn't bother with trying to form connections or anything like that. I spent a lot of my time in that town, working whatever quests people came up with."
Cromwell sighed a bit.
"Honestly, before I found out about those f&^$ing portal gems, I guess I didn't really live all that interesting of a life... I guess that's part of the reason I want to get back, to go back to living at least a stable lifestyle. I've been to so many places, they all start to blur together."
He scratched his chin.
"Well, at least I don't have anyone trying to kill me, that I know of. Or past relationships that wound up badly... Just an unfinished one."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: March 31, 2014, 12:12:45 am »

"Huh."
He mused on it for a bit.
"Well, I'm not related to anyone of any particular importance. Didn't bother with trying to form connections or anything like that. I spent a lot of my time in that town, working whatever quests people came up with."
Cromwell sighed a bit.
"Honestly, before I found out about those f&^$ing portal gems, I guess I didn't really live all that interesting of a life... I guess that's part of the reason I want to get back, to go back to living at least a stable lifestyle. I've been to so many places, they all start to blur together."
He scratched his chin.
"Well, at least I don't have anyone trying to kill me, that I know of. Or past relationships that wound up badly... Just an unfinished one."

"Surely you jest. I'm confident whether after or before these so called portal gems, you've led a rather interesting life. And not having somebody out for your head is normally a good sign."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: March 31, 2014, 12:19:09 am »

"Well, I can't exactly say for certain nobody's out to get me, just that the ones who would seem too lazy to put the effort into it. Heh. I guess if you call teleporting into people's houses and taking their s&^% interesting, then yeah, I've lead a wild life. F&^% the government, and all that.
...Well, there was that one time I accidentally burned down a guard tower. Or the Mage's dorms, but those a%$holes had it coming."

Cromwell stopped for a second.
"Actually, I guess you could call that interesting. Never thought of it once I got used to it."
The Derail Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: March 31, 2014, 02:40:22 am »

"Well, I can't exactly say for certain nobody's out to get me, just that the ones who would seem too lazy to put the effort into it. Heh. I guess if you call teleporting into people's houses and taking their s&^% interesting, then yeah, I've lead a wild life. F&^% the government, and all that.
...Well, there was that one time I accidentally burned down a guard tower. Or the Mage's dorms, but those a%$holes had it coming."

Cromwell stopped for a second.
"Actually, I guess you could call that interesting. Never thought of it once I got used to it."

Chuckles quietly.

"Not so boring, is it now? You definitely have a handful of tales to share to get us through this night..."

((I believe Highmax28 would appreciate if for the sake of roleplaying we filled in our backgrounds in a more detailed manner. It would give him the ability to stage more twists and bring our past to be interlinked somehow. You can even use a die to dictate your past. [For example, we used dices to determine whether Aurel was married and how many times.] It leads to some rather interesting results, sometimes not being what you expect or even want. You don't even have to post in this thread. Just send him a message or something to keep it secret.

Long live roleplaying!))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: March 31, 2014, 02:55:29 am »

((I've already discussed Karl's past a bit with Highmax. His (potential) plotlines just haven't had a chance to pop up yet. :) ))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: March 31, 2014, 03:17:13 am »

((I've already discussed Karl's past a bit with Highmax. His (potential) plotlines just haven't had a chance to pop up yet. :) ))

((Mine is absolutely and completely decided by the die. Hint: It doesn't end well.

On the bright side, it offers Highmax a ton of ways to integrate it >.<.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: March 31, 2014, 07:28:59 am »

((Does anything decided by highmax's dice (except for Karl's rolls) ever end well?))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: March 31, 2014, 08:31:43 am »

((Symon's rolls tend to turn out alright.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: March 31, 2014, 10:05:16 am »

((*grins maliciously*

This is excellent.. And when I use my cursed die, it never ends well for someone. I killed a PC in my group with it (mind you it was intentional, but a 19 on a roll? Excellent for those role play moments where you're forced to leave and want vengeance. Mind you now they're so paranoid I have to literally force myself in to rejoin, but it works out alright, because a hippie cannibal elf berserker is awesome...

In short, I'm a stereotypical elf that isn't from D&D universe or from Tolkien... Unless mirkwood elves are cannibals.))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: March 31, 2014, 11:26:35 am »

((Hehe. Nadarr has a pretty bland past in comparison, I guess. But hey, still some stuff there))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: March 31, 2014, 12:15:35 pm »

The two of you continue with your conversation over the night and you wake Karl and Thyra, though she seemed a little paranoid at first. Thyra quietly sings to herself as she maintains the fire. She looks worried as she grips her bow tightly

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: March 31, 2014, 12:30:22 pm »

Cromwell looks over at them.
"Can't sleep?" He asks Karl, ignoring Thyra.

He then turns back to Aurel.
"Well, I don't know about a handful, maybe a couple."
The Derail Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: March 31, 2014, 04:19:38 pm »

"Decently, but it was close to our watch anyway." Karl says, wrapping his cloak around himself and making sure not to glance towards the fire. He might not have the low-light vision of some of his companions, but ruining his night-adapted vision would do him no good.

"seen or heard anything out of the ordinary?" He asks quietly.

Something about Thyra's worry keeps Karl on edge, and he hums quietly to himself. Those with good hearing can make out the sound of a dirge, and Aurel might recognize it as one dedicated to the Raven Queen.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: March 31, 2014, 09:09:19 pm »

(Aparently) You get no response from Cromwell and Aurel as they head to rest. Thyra glances at Aurel every now and then, but still looking out and making sure the fire doesn't go out. The storm begins to let up at this time. Time goes on and the Sun begins to rise. A whole night in the wood without shadow creatures? You find this rather strange. You all notice the return of the kruthik with blood on its face and a rabbit's ear attached to its claw. In its mouth is another dead rabbit it proceeds to devour. Nadarr is still not awake, despite almost an entire day passing. Thyra says that she's surprised that despite the rumors of the shadow creatures being most prominent in this area, they didn't attack in the night.

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 344