Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342166 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Moutain Maze
« Reply #1275 on: January 27, 2014, 08:19:49 am »

((If highmax says he's not going to allow it, then it's not going to happen. A direbear mount would be awesome, but we'll revisit that in the 10-20 level range.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: January 27, 2014, 02:24:53 pm »

((Here's hoping it will be enough for me to level up.))
((You will level up for sure, mastacheese won't, and neither will Grot; he will level par with the lowest level party member, in which case is Mastacheese (btw, add 600xp to start with)

((If highmax says he's not going to allow it, then it's not going to happen. A direbear mount would be awesome, but we'll revisit that in the 10-20 level range.))
Dire bear does NOT have the mount keyword... Surprisingly... But somehow, blade spiders DO... Logic?))

Move: Gallop towards the bear
Standard: Dismount

"Karl, get away from it!"

Minor: Beguiling Flash on the Bear
You hop off the horse as you approach the cave. You attempt to sue beguiling flash on the bear you can see quite clearly, as is the rediculous number of corpses that surround it. You can plainly tell many aren't dwarves, but those that are dwarves look no more then a couple days old. You also tell that this cave is rather shallow, despite a bear living in it. There are some weapons and other bits on the dwarves still but a lot of it is damaged beyond repair. You attempt to use beguiling flash, but the bear is surrounded! He thrashes about and knocks into archuther! No damage is dealt but the bear is no longer flanked. Archuther (11+9) dodges the bear and moves to the side of the bear, just barely dodging it.

Weston begins his turn!

( killing and knocking it out gives same amount of xp its also not imposisble to tame it)

((That he's right about. Plus, bear meat, hide and other !!FUN!! stuff...))

((Archuther is the only one who can, and if he leaves, I'm not allowing it cause he can just have the bear wipe the party at any moment.))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: January 27, 2014, 05:11:31 pm »

((No offense, but I hope he does leave. Having a level 20+ Space Marine running around killing stuff that we're currently to weak to deal with isn't really my idea of fun.))

Standard: Chaos Bolt to da face of da bear.
Action Point: Hit it again with Chaos Bolt!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: January 27, 2014, 05:59:16 pm »

level 12

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: January 27, 2014, 06:04:36 pm »

((The power bump at 11 means it doesn't make that much of a difference compared to a bunch of level 1s and 2s if he's 12 or 20.

This is sort of the dilemma with bringing in a high level character like this. Either fights are tuned for the high level character, and the rest of the party can barely contribute, or the fights are tuned for the low level characters, and the high level dominates. Either way, I'm hoping we see more tactical fights like the shadows where finding and executing the proper strategy matters more then damage output and hitpoint totals.))

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: January 27, 2014, 06:13:58 pm »

(u can still hit me at ur level without a crit { defences mostly revole around equipment})

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: January 27, 2014, 09:50:12 pm »

(u can still hit me at ur level without a crit { defences mostly revole around equipment})
((Only a few can ever hit you, and your defenses outmatch the BEAR.))

((No offense, but I hope he does leave. Having a level 20+ Space Marine running around killing stuff that we're currently to weak to deal with isn't really my idea of fun.))

Standard: Chaos Bolt to da face of da bear.
Action Point: Hit it again with Chaos Bolt!

((I agree. It wasn't a really well thought up idea, and I regret it. The next encounter that may involve death9980 will be more enjoyable, and perhaps, a little tense. Sirus, think of what happened between you and me in dark heresy, except not amongst your group))
You attempt to hit the bear with your chaos bolt! (9+5) You miss! You action point and do it again! (18+5) You land the attack! It deals (8+7) damage!

Nadarr begins his turn!

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: January 27, 2014, 09:52:45 pm »

((I agree. It wasn't a really well thought up idea, and I regret it. The next encounter that may involve death9980 will be more enjoyable, and perhaps, a little tense. Sirus, think of what happened between you and me in dark heresy, except not amongst your group))
((Maybe you could have some form of boss that he attacks while the rest of us attack the boss's army?))
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: January 27, 2014, 10:10:43 pm »

((Maybe you could have some form of boss that he attacks while the rest of us attack the boss's army?))
((Something of a sorts will happen over the course of the nights. Your actions can cause or prevent a disaster, but so far, some things happened that cannot be fixed; you'll all see what I mean as you go on. And as more and more goes on, things will also change the path of events depending on what you do. For my first time DMing, I'm really putting a load on myself by pretty much doing everything custom from almost the get go. The only "real" enemies you fought are the bear and the goblins; all others I made.))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: January 27, 2014, 10:37:19 pm »

((For my first time DMing, I'm really putting a load on myself by pretty much doing everything custom from almost the get go. The only "real" enemies you fought are the bear and the goblins; all others I made.))
((I know them feels, bro. Back when I DMed stuff like this, I custom made everything the PCs went up against. I wouldn't even make the whole creatures, either. I made roll charts so I could procedurally generate monsters as they showed up, with varying weapons, armor, misc. equipment, abilities, classes, and spells between mages.))
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: January 27, 2014, 11:04:02 pm »

((For my first time DMing, I'm really putting a load on myself by pretty much doing everything custom from almost the get go. The only "real" enemies you fought are the bear and the goblins; all others I made.))
((I know them feels, bro. Back when I DMed stuff like this, I custom made everything the PCs went up against. I wouldn't even make the whole creatures, either. I made roll charts so I could procedurally generate monsters as they showed up, with varying weapons, armor, misc. equipment, abilities, classes, and spells between mages.))
((Well, the vryloka assassins were simply made, as was the vampire. The shadows (i won't give out their true name yet) are the most complicated encounter I have come up with. First, I made it impossible to escape unless you manage to do some really good skill checks amidst battle. Secondly, they're infinatley spawning. But as you see, there is an easier way to kill them. However, if they return, expect something !!FUN!! to arrive... And I'm certain with it being later on in the day, it may happen sooner then you think))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: January 27, 2014, 11:07:39 pm »

((There was actually a period where I wasn't keeping up with the thread, so I missed the shadows completely, but I won't go back and read about them for in-character reasons. Maybe one day I'll make a PbP game where I use some of the more insane concepts I devised for DMing. Like how I figured out some ways to incorporate the mass combat rules into small scale, and still be fun.))
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: January 27, 2014, 11:52:05 pm »

((There was actually a period where I wasn't keeping up with the thread, so I missed the shadows completely, but I won't go back and read about them for in-character reasons. Maybe one day I'll make a PbP game where I use some of the more insane concepts I devised for DMing. Like how I figured out some ways to incorporate the mass combat rules into small scale, and still be fun.))
((There will come a time, perhaps during the time when the party hits paragon teir, where there will be a mass scale battle where the party can control small squads under their command as an entire war is letting loose around them. What will make it chaotic and much more interesting is it will tie into the campaign you guys will be doing now.

As I said; everything a character does, as small and simple as it may seem, can cause REALLY big repercussions; Gonzou for example has done something VERY bad for the party for example before he dropped out. Yes, even dropped out players cause problems for you. Even Bouchart, who didn't do much on the ways of role play, has sort of done something that will cause a repercussion and changed how I will bring about this campaign. I do know that there is one event in these mountains which you can possibly stumble upon, which I'm certain you will since you seem to be going every possible way then the right way, and it may or my not change some of the things that will happen in the campaign.

Yes, I am one of those guys who think these things out for the long term, because why not?))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: January 28, 2014, 01:53:16 am »

((I'm 100% OK with that, honestly. It's one of my favorites in RPGs when the world moves around the PCs, and while the effects of what they do changes the world, if they choose to sit on their butts at home for a year, the world moves on instead of pausing because the PCs aren't around.

I'm guessing the statue that was stolen way back at the beginning is going to come back and haunt us.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: January 28, 2014, 04:26:27 am »

((I hope you didn't miss the second time I, uh, stole Nadarr's Pants. I didn't realize it was so easy to steal pants as long as they are asleep.

I like how you do things, Highmax28. There's a bit too much fighting and less roleplaying if you ask me but I'm sure there's reasons for that. And there's one thing I can say for the future. Olon is definitely getting some daggers up his throat. I never liked the guy since the beginning.))
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 04:30:55 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 344