Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Removing HFS  (Read 359 times)

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Removing HFS
« on: December 01, 2013, 07:56:41 pm »

Just out of pure curiosity, is there a way to create a world with advanced parameters to remove adamantine and Hell from the world map? If so, what is at the bottom of the map?
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Removing HFS
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 08:09:22 pm »

I'm no modder but I'm pretty sure you can do it by editing the raws and removing (I think it's this tag) [DEEP_SURFACE] and [DEEP_SPECIAL] For slade and candy respectively. I'm pretty sure they are the tags but I'm not positive.

With advanced parameters, I have no idea, I don't usually play with them.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 08:09:52 pm »

I think if you set the number of types of demons to zero in worldgen, then Hell and adamantine will not be generated, and the bottom of the world will be semi-molten rock.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 08:51:46 pm »

It can be removed in the advanced world generation settings. Just set the parameter "bottom layer" to 0.

Removing [DEEP_SURFACE] from slade will turn the surface of Hell to ice, so that won't work.

Setting the types of demons to 0 will only prevent them from spawning, it won't stop Hell from being created.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 09:12:22 pm »

You can alter the advanced worldgen to set 'Bottom Layer (Forces Magma)' to 'No'.

The map I just tried that on had normal geography down to the level where the lowest layer of rock would normally be, and then had solid stone instead of slade and open space. You can dig an up ramp from the uppermost layer of sub-SMR stone to the magma sea itself.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.