Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New record for Worst Artifact Ever?  (Read 3097 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: New record for Worst Artifact Ever?
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2013, 04:18:07 pm »

What have you got the uniforms set to? If it's 'war hammers' and not 'silver war hammers', well they're already carrying one of those, and it fits so well in their hand...
Uniforms are set to silver hammers, exact matches.
What about if you set them to wield no weapons at all?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2013, 07:38:39 pm »

Well, I just got an artifact earring with another artifact earring on it.  Yo dawg, I heard you liked earrings...

But it sucked badly because for some reason I'd thought Miners got Masonry moods...but instead he got a crafting mood.  I was looking forward to an artifact door or table or something.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2013, 07:52:01 pm »

Miners make furniture artefacts, it could be that engraving or stonecrafting got more experience - iirc, when two skills have the same "level", the dwarf's profession is set to the one that comes earlier in the profession list, but the other skill can have higher experience, making it the mood skill: say, an adequate miner (+100 xp)/ adequate engraver (+150 xp)/adequate grower (+300 xp) will be listed as "Urist McNewbie, Miner", although the most experience is in grower and a mood will use engraver skill.

I wouldn't be too angry about an adamantine warhammer - providing adamantine for smithing moods is a gamble, and getting a dud in the shape of a blunt ultra-lightweight weapon is the risk you take. I'd be a bit miffed when my beards went and made the axe from gold and the hammer from bluemetal, granted - you got it backwards, you loonies!
Pages: 1 [2]