Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Superpowers, Inc: Rebooted!  (Read 7021 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Superpowers, Inc: Rebooted!
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2013, 02:58:43 pm »

#5. Definitely #5. Which means that we need to actually, you know, get some powers going on. We have a dose of Red Drake, so let's inject it into one of the Guinea Pigs.
yes lets rise an army of superpowered criminals, if we start by selling it as a super steroid to a few low level drug dealers.
We don't really have a reason to raise an army of superpowered criminals. Why would we do that anyway? We have more pressing concerns like ballancing the budget.
The idea is that the army would be used to fix our budget.
well, okay we get an army of superpowered villains. Then, they turn on us, or they do rampant crimes and while we are rich, we end up making the world a worse place to live in. We told ken we were making heroes. This runs counter to that statement.
I never called it a good idea.

The thing to keep in mind when it comes to quest and SG's is that past decisions should set precedent for future decisions that arn't exactly made during times of conflict. Basically they define the puppets personality, then you simulate that personality and determine how that person would respond based on past actions.
I'll keep that in mind, once we have some previous decisions to base it on.

Choices are most important when a problem needs to be solved. no one is going to vote over a particular statement because no cares about the result.
True enough, but when precedent doesn't even cover the type of statement you make...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2013, 03:27:00 pm »

Choices are most important when a problem needs to be solved. no one is going to vote over a particular statement because no cares about the result.
True enough, but when precedent doesn't even cover the type of statement you make...

you can tell from precedent what the puppet hopes to gain from the interaction. That is enough to make good dialogue(most people don't want the person their interacting with to know what they hope to gain from the interaction so they try indirect routes). If the puppet is not talking to gain something from the listener, why is he even bothering at all? In this case we hoped to gain a new minion employee but we didn't even have to make an argument for him to come along. He just did it without any kind of conflict. At this point it's just small talk, we may as well be talking about the weather or whats happening on the news...which we are.

you have to think about why we wanted to hire this guy in the first place. To help with our experimentation. what would someone say to hireling that has to do with this goal. what happens when the full extend of the plan is carried out, what problems occur. then ask the players to come up with solutions to those problems, maybe even with suggested solutions of your own to speed up the discussion. Make sure that the consequences of these options are easy to enterpret by the players. This isn't a typical RPG this is more of a Choose your own story game.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 03:34:43 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2013, 10:49:21 pm »

You could get some kind of job working with rare chemicals...but you don't have the credentials, probably. You feel like making villains, but maybe heroes would be better for PR? Or maybe a nemesis duo?

Tough.

You return home.

"You live here? Is there even enough space for both of us?"

Spoiler: Base (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Supplies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Employees (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Formulas Known (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Theories (click to show/hide)

P.S. Please provide more than a response. Say, plans for how you intend to spend this day.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2013, 10:59:15 pm »

Start building an add-on to the house. Mooch from every person you know for materials and/or furniture (even info on where to get them would be nice).

"Well no there isn't enough space that's why I'm going to build more."

If we really want this to be a career we better start making the base bigger now.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2013, 01:11:09 pm »

((you forgot to add options to vote on *sigh* I still don't know why we are voting on every single action no matter how trivial. Do we need to vote for him to tie his shoelaces too?))

on the subject of investors...borrowing from friends and family is a great idea! Borrowing from friends and family to do a task that doesn't directly increase our ability to make money (like home renovations) is a bad idea.

"I might change my mind about hiring you if you keep complaining about something so trivial"

Better action would be to find out his talents. We know he was in the navy. So he probably has some skills concerning sailing and stuff. Maybe even some brawn and fighting skills. His speech mannerisms point to a lack of intelligence but we'd have to do actual intelligence tests on him to make sure. I don't think he would be that great of lab assistant if that's the case. Maybe more like a bodyguard.

[X] Give the new recruit some personality tests.
-[X] While he takes the tests inject some red drake into a hamster for the purpose of seeing what it does.
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2013, 01:28:32 pm »

((you forgot to add options to vote on *sigh* I still don't know why we are voting on every single action no matter how trivial. Do we need to vote for him to tie his shoelaces too?))

on the subject of investors...borrowing from friends and family is a great idea! Borrowing from friends and family to do a task that doesn't directly increase our ability to make money (like home renovations) is a bad idea.

"I might change my mind about hiring you if you keep complaining about something so trivial"

Better action would be to find out his talents. We know he was in the navy. So he probably has some skills concerning sailing and stuff. Maybe even some brawn and fighting skills. His speech mannerisms point to a lack of intelligence but we'd have to do actual intelligence tests on him to make sure. I don't think he would be that great of lab assistant if that's the case. Maybe more like a bodyguard.

[X] Give the new recruit some personality tests.
-[X] While he takes the tests inject some red drake into a hamster for the purpose of seeing what it does.
Guinea pig but +1

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2013, 01:29:42 pm »

Um, I clearly said you should consider more important things, like how you'll spend the day. And I didn't include options because this is supposed to be free-form, not a CYOA book. Although that reminds me of a game idea I've had for a while...

Anyways. Any more ideas/votes? I'll probably pick Scood's over zacen's if no one does, because seriously, how are you going to build anything without the skills or materials?

And ninja'd.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2013, 04:59:12 pm »

"I might change my mind about hiring you if you keep complaining about something so trivial...but no, there isn't enough room."
"Didn't you say you'd pay me in room and board?"
"We'll work something out."
[18]
"...Alright. You've got a couch, at least?"
"Yes."
"I've slept on worse. Recently, even."
"Excellent."

You head into the house, carrying the cage and guinea pig food while Ken brings in the guinea pigs.
"Alright, I need you to take some personality tests. Hold on." You remember something like that in one of the files from the computers, and print it off.
"Here."
"Alright. Got a pen?"
"Should be one in the cracked mug over there."
"Alright...here we go."
You take the guinea pig stuff and your one vial of Red Drake to the basement.

Soon, the guinea pigs are set up in their nice, big cage, with a dish of food and one of water, and of course plenty of space to run around. You remove one, preparing to test on it. You are about to administer the formula via convenient syringe, when something occurs to you.

Should you use the whole formula, or just a fraction? Its body mass is a lot lower than a human's...but you didn't see anything about splitting formlae in the documentation. Who knows what could happen?

Potential disaster whichever way you go in this one; the only way to figure out which is safe and which isn't is to test. Well, what'll it be? Split or no split--and if split, how much?
Sig

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2013, 05:22:33 pm »

>Split so you give it a serving proportionate to it's mass.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2013, 05:33:43 pm »

Then try a double dose on a second guinea pig.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2013, 08:00:05 pm »

You only have one right now. It would take time to mix up two more...

Anyways, any other opinions? I'm guessing Scood has one...
Sig

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2013, 10:02:31 pm »

I was assuming that we still have some of the dose left from the first guinea pig.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2013, 10:05:45 pm »

So, you meant twice as much, not two whole doses?
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2013, 03:24:24 pm »

[20] The formulae is split into a dozen parts.
You inject the first part into one guinea pig. No obvious changes. You try a double-dose on another. This one sprouts feathers, before its right rear leg withers away before its left leg melds with the tail into a weird sort of barbed tail and its feathers and fur turn red. Finally, its body grows weird, warty lumps. The little guy is screeching in fear--and pain? You don't know.

Little shapes flicker in the air around the guinea pig. Once the changes finish, one stabilizes. It is perhaps the size of a window, and looking into a house.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 04:21:12 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2013, 03:38:29 pm »

Well damn. :o Try to decode more files as well as trow something small at the window field.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7