Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Superpowers, Inc: Rebooted!  (Read 7016 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Superpowers, Inc: Rebooted!
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2013, 05:12:37 pm »

"Ah. Explains the guinea pigs. Um, are you sure this'll work?"

Spoiler: Base (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Supplies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Employees (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Formulas Known (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Theories (click to show/hide)

I'm gonna stop waiting for some kind of confirmation for dialogue, unless it's really important.
[/quote]
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2013, 06:44:32 pm »

"Probably I mean there have been other companies and I have some probably working formulas from a past company. Do you know anyone that might be willing to volunteer?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2013, 06:54:02 pm »

"Heard about the nuts up in Ely. And, um, lessee."

[3]

"Nope. Pretty much everyone I know is dead, out-of-town, likes being human, or some combination a' the two. Did you head about the one kid with mandibles and antennae comin' out of that place?"

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2013, 11:43:33 pm »

"Um, yea. If that happens to you we will try a bit harder to fix it."
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2013, 11:23:38 am »

"avoiding situations like that from happening in first place would be Ideal. Though such a result isn't particularly surprising. Contingencies will need to be designed into the testing procedures in such situations that try to mitigate or cure the more averse reactions."

*contemplates how he's going to get the resources to do it.*

OOC:
seriously, we barely have enough budget to hire this guy, we need a steady source of income. Either rob a convenience store, sell lemonade on the side of the street, beg, sell drugs but it needs to happen soon if we want to be the moral kind of mad scientist.
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2013, 11:30:41 am »

"Preventing situations like that from happening in first place would be ideal. Such a result isn't particularly surprising, though. Contingencies will need to be designed into the testing procedures in such situations that try to mitigate or cure the more averse reactions. Rest assured, if that happens to you, I will try a bit harder than they did to fix it."
"Tha's...a relief, I guess."

You try to think of some ways you could get a good cash flow...
1. Some superheroes, especially the more prominent or full-time ones, can get donations or even full-out sponsorships.
2. Obviously, if you made a supervillain, you could have him commit crimes to get money.
3. If you created a formula that gave powers useful for military purposes without too much of a chance of an adverse reaction, you could try selling it to the Armed Forces.
4. Sell to criminals or other desperate individuals, China, Russia, or someone in the Middle East, and you might be able to strike out that "adverse reaction part.
5. Heck, combining this with #1 or 2, you might even be able to set up a sort of "partnership" deal--you give them powers, they give you X% of what they make.
6. Or you could get a job or some investments. Desperate times, you know.

[/quote]
Sig

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2013, 11:48:20 am »

Let's get a job where we would have access to rare chemicals.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2013, 12:00:14 pm »

#5. Definitely #5. Which means that we need to actually, you know, get some powers going on. We have a dose of Red Drake, so let's inject it into one of the Guinea Pigs.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2013, 12:02:54 pm »

#5. Definitely #5. Which means that we need to actually, you know, get some powers going on. We have a dose of Red Drake, so let's inject it into one of the Guinea Pigs.
yes lets rise an army of superpowered criminals, if we start by selling it as a super steroid to a few low level drug dealers.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2013, 12:06:28 pm »

holly offshoots batman. do you update this often. hmmmmm

Well we want to make bad ass heroes. So we should probably not make villains even if the money is better. I say we go for option 1. Which means we need a power that looks good in photos and is easy to PR.
heres my plan
[ ] = not voting for this action
-[X] = vote for a specific implementation even if it you are not directly voting for the parent action
Operation: acting

[X] Some superheroes, especially the more prominent or full-time ones, can get donations or even full-out sponsorships.
-[X] Make sure we get someone who is charismatic, good looking, and has presence, may not need to be intelligent.

[ ] Heck, combining this with #1 or 2, you might even be able to set up a sort of "partnership" deal--you give them powers, they give you X% of what they make
-[X] If 5 wins we should create a fake villain. for our hero to fight against who's sole existence is meant to make the hero look good. So he gets more sponsors and donations. If things get serious make sure he/she has a path to redeem himself and become a hero. Should be a more intelligent person so she/he doesn't accidently get him/herself caught. we would then effectively be playing both sides.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 12:15:02 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2013, 12:09:17 pm »

Well, when I was waiting for 3-4 suggestions this was updating once every few days, also known as "When I stopped waiting".
Besides, this last bit wasn't too important overall.
Sig

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2013, 12:19:21 pm »

yes lets rise an army of superpowered criminals, if we start by selling it as a super steroid to a few low level drug dealers.

We don't really have a reason to raise an army of superpowered criminals. Why would we do that anyway? We have more pressing concerns like ballancing the budget.
...............___@@@__                  

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2013, 12:21:46 pm »

Well, when I was waiting for 3-4 suggestions this was updating once every few days, also known as "When I stopped waiting".
I would actually prefer longer updates once a day than several smaller updates in which we control every single action of our puppet. That way it makes it easier to fit it in my schedule
...............___@@@__                  

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2013, 12:48:47 pm »

We don't really have a reason to raise an army of superpowered criminals. Why would we do that anyway? We have more pressing concerns like ballancing the budget.
The idea is that the army would be used to fix our budget.

I would actually prefer longer updates once a day than several smaller updates in which we control every single action of our puppet. That way it makes it easier to fit it in my schedule
Well, how do you suggest we do stuff like that for conversations and such?
Sig

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2013, 01:14:38 pm »

The idea is that the army would be used to fix our budget.
well, okay we get an army of superpowered villains. Then, they turn on us, or they do rampant crimes and while we are rich, we end up making the world a worse place to live in. We told ken we were making heroes. This runs counter to that statement.
Well, how do you suggest we do stuff like that for conversations and such?
The thing to keep in mind when it comes to quest and SG's is that past decisions should set precedent for future decisions that arn't exactly made during times of conflict. Basically they define the puppets personality, then you simulate that personality and determine how that person would respond based on past actions.

another thing to keep in mind is that decisions are most important when solving problems. For instance, in a hostage situation the hero can either attempt to talk the criminal into letting the hostage go, give in to the demands of the criminal. or find a way to beat the living snot out of him anyway. What the player decide the puppet says to talk the criminal down can influence how succesful it is. perhaps simulated by an extra boost to the socialize role or whatever makes sense for the system you use for social attacks. The idea is that you give incentives for particular implementations to be important. Also, try to implement the spirit of the implementation not the exact wording of it.

precedent should be able to change later on.

tldr; use past actions to determine the details, use player choices to determine implementation and precedent. Make sure players have incentive to make good implementations, like extra rewards for the puppet or something.

Choices are most important when a problem needs to be solved. no one is going to vote over a particular statement because no cares about the result.
...............___@@@__                  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7