Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Streaming Dwarf Fortress!  (Read 5020 times)

Chezmonkey

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Streaming Dwarf Fortress!
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2013, 09:24:50 pm »

And the Stream is live once more! Join us, and revel in Dwarf Fortress!

EDIT: We are live once more! Return!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 08:59:05 pm by Chezmonkey »

viewtifulrexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2013, 12:57:21 am »

Just wanted to say to everyone who showed up: THANK YOU for making my weekends with the community awesome. I have a lot of fun streaming for you guys and showing off all sorts of fantastic ways to kill dwarves through negligence. Hopefully Dinnership will hold out better then Machinesubmerged did. Looking forward to having you guys come back out next Friday, December the 13th at 9 PM Eastern Standard here at Twitch: www.twitch.tv/viewtifulrexx

...Friday the 13th?.. oh dear. :s

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2013, 10:13:35 pm »

...Friday the 13th?.. oh dear. :s

Knowing dwarves, 13 is probably a lucky number!

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2013, 02:56:09 am »

Will you be streaming tonight?
*Create potion of immortality*
*Potion Created! Drink potion*
*Immortality gained!*
*You have lost your soul!*

viewtifulrexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2013, 11:35:34 am »

Knowing dwarves, 13 is probably a lucky number!

As in "Only 13 people died this season",  "There are only 13 stranglers in the field" "We found 13 kittens to butcher" :P

Will you be streaming tonight?

Not tonight, my stream schedule is Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 9 PM EST come HFS or magma flood. I may randomly play some other games during the week but those are just for hobby and not DF so they're not really worth going into detail here :P

viewtifulrexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2013, 11:50:05 pm »

Just a reminder for the community that I'll be streaming Dwarf Fortress Friday the 13th at 9 PM Eastern Standard!  http://www.twitch.tv/viewtifulrexx

However, I think I'm going to switch back to vanilla for this one. I love the extra stuff in Masterwork, but there's some parts of it I'm really not digging too much. Undecided on that though, we'll see later today!\

EDIT: I decided to stick with Masterwork, but turned off the harder mining and harder learning options. That said, I also turned off the guildhall and library workshops.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 12:01:35 am by viewtifulrexx »

viewtifulrexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2013, 09:26:44 pm »

I'm really really sorry, I'm having technical ussies with my wireless router and I can't stream this weekend. I'm really disappointed and I apologize to anyone who wanted to watch.

I'll post here if the situation changes. Have a good night.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2013, 09:28:14 pm »

:(.  NP, hope you're able to fix it!

viewtifulrexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2013, 05:35:45 am »

So after messing around on the OBS forums for a bit I think I managed to fix the streaming software. So OBS permitting, I'll be streaming this Saturday the 14th at 9 PM Eastern Standard. www.twitch.tv/viewtifulrexx

Lesson learned; do not download a patch to your streaming software ten minutes before air time. Again, I apologize to anyone who wanted to show up and watch, I hope you decide to come tonight and software permitting, we'll have a good stream. I really enjoy doing this for you guys and I'm looking forward to starting a new fortress with you.

viewtifulrexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2013, 04:08:57 am »

Had an awesome weekend streaming DF for you guys! Thanks to everyone that came out to watch. A few highlights:

-A ghost that finally figured out how to get me to pay attention to it. Namely, it fell down over and over and over, triggering the same sound effect constantly. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

-A forgotten beast made of snow that began to melt as soon as it arrived.

-A warlock corpse spoiling the water I used during the winter and causing all my injured dwarves to die of dehydration.

-The Destroyer, an animated iron statue sent by Armok to "protect" us. And by "protect" I mean it sat around inside the meeting hall and did nothing. :I

-A necromancer beating an unconscious extra-dwarfy dwarf with a golden staff over and over and over, easily dispatching any rookies who went to help before resuming his month-long beat down.

I'll be going again, as always, next Friday at 9 PM Eastern Standard at www.twitch.tv/viewtifulrexx .
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 08:24:11 am by viewtifulrexx »

viewtifulrexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2013, 09:36:38 pm »

Just a reminder! I will be going live Friday December 20th at 9 PM Eastern Standard at www.twitch.tv/viewtifulrexx and I'm looking forward to having you guys in chat! Also, if you use Twitter, following me at https://twitter.com/Viewtifulrexx will give you an update when I go live.

viewtifulrexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2013, 06:13:41 pm »

Just as a quick update, I'll be going again in three hours at 9 PM Eastern Standard time, and will be on again Sunday at the same time! Feel free to join our growing community of dwarf aficionados at www.twitch.tv/viewtifulrexx

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2013, 07:42:36 pm »

Please stop bumping your thread so much. If nobody else is posting, you should just post when you actually start streaming; edit that post when you finish.

Yazman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2013, 03:01:55 am »

These streams are freaking awesome. Everybody should get in on them!

viewtifulrexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2013, 01:22:31 am »

24-HOUR NEW YEAR'S LIVESTREAM EVENT!

In celebration of the new year and hitting one thousand views (you guys are incredible, thanks for the support!) I will be doing a 24 hour livestream event starting on December 30th at Midnight Eastern Standard. We're going to go until the new year (for the East Coast at least, so happy new year to everyone on the other side of the world!), and I'll be playing a lot of Dwarf Fortress, with a little bit of Liberal Crime Squad and a few other roguelikes.

So if you're going to be home, come show up and help strike the earth for a new year. The community on my channel is awesome and a lot of fun, and there will be gifted dwarves and liberal agents galore! Hoping to see you guys turn out!

Pages: 1 [2] 3