Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 87821 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #750 on: February 04, 2014, 02:42:09 pm »

Where are we building the factory?

Any suggestions? I must build it, but noone actually told me where...

And do not forget to read that my previous post. there is important info added.
Well I wanted to place it near where the house were, but I sort of want it out of the way.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sorry for being useless and late, fell asleep, these are the spots I would place it, or around there.

Would be closer to the settlement but we don't want it to be at the center, or where the houses will might be built.

Edit:As for the barony, well I am embarrassed to say I have never really had a barony, so is there any real cons to it? If we did promote someone it would probaly be with Teledwarf as baron.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:52:36 pm by Cain12 »

Elorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody expects the Bearded Inquisition!
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 04, 2014, 02:46:45 pm »

Any suggestions? I must build it, but noone actually told me where...
As the architect of the building, I think the best location for it would be a bit east of the road. The main population won't be bothered with the noise and pollution, and there's space around it for expansion.
Additionally there are clay spots nearby.

Quote from: TeleDwarf
We also have some news from the outpost liaison, sot in the belly: he offered us a barony status. Do we want it? who would we promote if we do want it?
That depends on how much the baron would affect Gorgeadmired. I like the current (more or less) democratic system.
As for promoting someone... It's probably going to be one of the senators, can't imagine someone else being promoted for it.

Quote from: Cain
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Would be closer to the settlement but we don't want it to be at the center, or where the houses will might be built.
Aye, I was thinking of that spot too. 

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 04, 2014, 03:39:32 pm »

OOC: Depending on the amount of DF interference in the RPing, you may want to leave barons out of this. Whoever becomes the baron will end up with his dorf mandating and forbidding the export of things without any control over this being exercised by the player in question.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: February 04, 2014, 03:51:08 pm »

Well we could let it be an NPC, a noble that we have no control over, still, might be a pain since he holds so much power, in the form of banning and that.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:52:47 pm by Cain12 »

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: February 04, 2014, 04:47:34 pm »

Well. Mandates and demands are cool features to play with. Also if we decline now - we will not see an outpost liaison ever again, so we will not be able to request specific items (ores) from dwarven caravan any more.

As for player influence - well. There are a lot of things in df player has no influence over. But so it is in life too: I know plenty of people who do not want to smoke, but smoke nonetheless...

For the political system consequences - I guess it can all be adjusted afterwards. Having a baron does not automatically mean having a baron with special rights (except his in-game features like mandating, demanding and room requirements. But so it is with mayor(currently NPC)...)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 04, 2014, 05:52:30 pm »

Guess we accept then, we can always take precautions and ignore him/her on a later date, so better not to do something we may regret.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 04, 2014, 07:08:35 pm »

Neblime Inkydance (+23 -> +25 ) proposes The Guilds and Societies Act
For:2
Against:0
result: the law is enacted and neblime inkydance gains 2 influence
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 04, 2014, 07:44:04 pm »

OOC
Once the council owns property any person within that property is subject to their own laws (and still council laws) and their own punishments.
Is this right or can I change it to:

Once a group owns property any person within that property is subject to their own laws (as well as council laws) and their own punishments.

Unless it is meant to say council at that part or you are insistent on the way it is phased, can I change it for the wiki? I know it should stay exact but just wanted to ask in case it was a mistake.

Edit:Will leave the unchanged version for now on the wiki. There are other edits I would like to make but they would require an actual amendment since they change how the law works, so will leave them until they become an issuse.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 07:50:50 pm by Cain12 »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 04, 2014, 07:59:43 pm »

OOC
Oh my mistake...
yes change it to once a group owns...

Btw, is anyone gonna propose a group now? :D
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 04, 2014, 08:07:52 pm »

OOC
Well I could make the Official Widowers Club, but I don't think it is the sort of thing you are looking for, and I only know for sure that there are two, maybe three people that could join. Will try to think of a group we could actually do things with.

Edit:Maybe a Masons group/guild? Then again we may hit the same snag as the potters.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 08:20:59 pm by Cain12 »

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 05, 2014, 04:37:07 am »

So, to sum it up:
Cain is FOR the barony and nominates Teledwarf(I am quite pleased) or an NPC.
Elorf is AGAINST the barony, but nominates  one  of senators.
D4E is AGAINST the barony.
I, myself, am FOR the barony and would be quite honored to serve community as a baron.

OOC: These results are hard to call "definitive", so I am ending the session and will wait for a proper election/vote/discussion/consensus and then will continue from the uploaded save.

I know that Kerod could also run for this position, given his IC fondness of noble show-off.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 05, 2014, 06:10:24 am »

Certainly Baron is a more fitting title for our tireless royal liason?

Elorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody expects the Bearded Inquisition!
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 05, 2014, 08:33:24 am »

Elorf is AGAINST the barony, but nominates  one  of senators.
I'm fine with you being the Duke, it's your right after all..

OOC
Well I could make the Official Widowers Club, but I don't think it is the sort of thing you are looking for, and I only know for sure that there are two, maybe three people that could join. Will try to think of a group we could actually do things with.

Edit:Maybe a Masons group/guild? Then again we may hit the same snag as the potters.
How about a broader guild? Something like the Artisans Guild, a place where every mason, carpenter, potter, crafter and architect can go to. 

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 05, 2014, 09:19:38 am »

Can one dwarf be a member of multiple groups? Like a talented mason/carpenter, widower, prominent wrestler, cultist of Urist and stalwart loyalist?

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 05, 2014, 09:30:31 am »

OOC
Absolutely you may own and join as many groups as you like (assuming the owner allows you to join)
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 60