Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 88056 times)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #585 on: January 23, 2014, 07:14:16 pm »

OOC
well to be fair about the risk, you were careful about garnering support and didn't brashly start a vote right away. 
Also I don't think I'll be on until several hours after voting closes, so I would ask you all to pay attention to the time limit and not vote/revote after it's over
Shame I can't stick around for 20 minutes more
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 07:19:52 pm by neblime »
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 24, 2014, 04:16:29 am »

Kerod Picknotch (+9 -> +14) calls for the deposition of Dwarf4explosives (+7 -> -3) (replacement, cain12 +9 -> +19)
For:4
Kerod Picknotch (gains 5)
Neblime Inkydance (gains 1)
Teledwarf Towntunnel (gains 1)
Against:0
Result: success, d4x is removed from the council and cain12 takes his place.
(Zargoth snarlclasps and other npc mentionables gain/lose influence as a result of council positions)
OOC
So now that this little drama is over I would like to enocurage elorf and mr. mountain to do some political stuff as new players :D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 04:25:24 am by neblime »
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 24, 2014, 06:47:35 am »

(Zargoth snarlclasps and other npc mentionables gain/lose influence as a result of council positions)
Zargoth is not a mentionable for Cain. He is 2-tier relative, instead of required 1-tier.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 24, 2014, 08:27:16 am »

OOC
oh my bad.. let me fix that

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 24, 2014, 08:36:13 am »

Neither is Domas.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 24, 2014, 10:45:04 am »

So now that this little drama is over I would like to enocurage elorf and mr. mountain to do some political stuff as new players :D
OOC
Agreed.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 24, 2014, 11:17:33 am »

OOC
Agreed.

True, lets hear from the new people. I could do with as brief respite from being so near to centre stage, orz.
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 24, 2014, 11:48:17 am »

Just thought of something:
What do you guys think of implementing a Cursus Honorum, early republican style? You know, two consuls, term limits, appointed senators, etc...
Will it be fun or boring?

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 24, 2014, 12:04:04 pm »

Could add more to the politics, not sure if we need it, could be fun, will need to read up on Cursus Honorum more before I can really say.

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 24, 2014, 12:14:25 pm »

Read up a bit, Seems like it will be that dwarves that have been in the military for 10 years will be able to become commanders. That's the only thing that interests me cause i'm a military dwarf.

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 24, 2014, 12:38:30 pm »

Read up a bit, Seems like it will be that dwarves that have been in the military for 10 years will be able to become commanders. That's the only thing that interests me cause i'm a military dwarf.

Rules are up to discussion. For one we do not need 24 military tribunes, since we do not even have enough military(I assume that military tribune is a noble position of militia commander) or even enough players :) . So 10 years, 5 years, or whatever.

The main pro-s I see in Cursus Honorum is more dynamic government(new magistrates every year), more dynamic and more active senate/council(consuls/censors add/remove senators pretty much at will within quota), easier enrollment of new players (new player immediately know what to do to begin political career - survive in the military for X years, with potentially shorter term(or higher influence gains?) for few elected tribunes)

The single con I see is that it all sounds a little bit nerdy, but as a roman republic fanboy I am definitely biased :)

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 24, 2014, 12:52:53 pm »

Rules are up to discussion. For one we do not need 24 military tribunes, since we do not even have enough military(I assume that military tribune is a noble position of militia commander) or even enough players :) . So 10 years, 5 years, or whatever.

The main pro-s I see in Cursus Honorum is more dynamic government(new magistrates every year), more dynamic and more active senate/council(consuls/censors add/remove senators pretty much at will within quota), easier enrollment of new players (new player immediately know what to do to begin political career - survive in the military for X years, with potentially shorter term(or higher influence gains?) for few elected tribunes)

The single con I see is that it all sounds a little bit nerdy, but as a roman republic fanboy I am definitely biased :)

I will have to read up on the it to make sure I understand, then give it some thought OOC, it makes a degree of sense from what I have gleaned from your description.

IC, of course, Kerod would be completely against this idea, as his goal can be pretty much summed up as trying to turn his council position into something heritable, for his family to own by right of birth. Still, he hardly has much clout to disagree.

I actually just dropped by to say I made Kerod's wiki page, and added a little history to him. I intended for it to be humorous, but I suppose my delivery may have left it a bit flat. I considered adding a line about him rewarding you handsomely for giving him the resources to contact his family's (wealthy) descendants, but I figure the "Nigerian Prince Scam" reference was a bit cheesy.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 02:34:54 pm by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 24, 2014, 03:11:14 pm »

OOC
I definitely think adding that kind of thing is an IC activity, and IC i dont think i'd vote for it.

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 24, 2014, 08:38:22 pm »

Welcome Mr.Mountain. Skilled Miner.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And he is recruit only because we are expecting guests. (OOC: I have noticed the vile force of darkness notification this time, so maybe we will not be caught with our pants down this time.)

The full report will be tomorrow though. Stay tuned.

ColdBones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 24, 2014, 08:53:00 pm »

Oh another miner!  Perfect.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 60