Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 88045 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #555 on: January 21, 2014, 03:20:52 pm »

Will leave you too that then, will get an image of what the graves look like for the burial act. And maybe put a version of the burial act, just to kill time while I re-download the save. (my old one crashed on me and isn't working)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:27:44 pm by Cain12 »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 21, 2014, 04:03:50 pm »

Now everything is out in the open I hope we can move on.  Coldbones, you have served this settlement as required in the past, it is merely unfortunate coincidence that the aquifer was breached.
Strike the Earth!  They always say.  They never say beware of the earth's anger and vengeance on those who strike it.  Save our soldiers I can think of no more dangerous job, and while it may have been avoided by a miner of supreme skill I am prepared to say you are doing your duty as best you can.

OOC
Love the idea of a wiki, and all those roles are great.  Tempted to take chief chronicler, except I already have secretary...
Maybe if no one else does :P
I assume all these positions need to be voted in like others?
P.S. Elorf can you please make a profile?  make a post something like this so I can link it in the op.
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 21, 2014, 04:25:18 pm »

Coldbones, Kerod asked a question, just reminding in case it gets forgotten with all this talk of wikis (it has happened before).

Edit:Mind if I post a version of a law page? Will wait til the template is done, just to get some thoughts on it, can edit out later.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 04:33:25 pm by Cain12 »

ColdBones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 21, 2014, 04:36:55 pm »

Now everything is out in the open I hope we can move on.  Coldbones, you have served this settlement as required in the past, it is merely unfortunate coincidence that the aquifer was breached.
Strike the Earth!  They always say.  They never say beware of the earth's anger and vengeance on those who strike it.  Save our soldiers I can think of no more dangerous job, and while it may have been avoided by a miner of supreme skill I am prepared to say you are doing your duty as best you can.

OOC
Love the idea of a wiki, and all those roles are great.  Tempted to take chief chronicler, except I already have secretary...
Maybe if no one else does :P
I assume all these positions need to be voted in like others?
P.S. Elorf can you please make a profile?  make a post something like this so I can link it in the op.

IC

"I thank you for your support Secretary.  I will strive to serve the settlement in whatever capacity the council sees fit moving forward."

IC: "I see. You should know that while there was a time I blamed you, both of you, but I now understand that there was little you could do. I will, of course, not hold it against you from now on."

"One more thing..."

"... did your foot really get caught?"

"Kero, I thank you for you understanding in the matter.  I was trapped - my leg is not as it once was, an old mining injury," she lifts her pant leg to show the scar on her leg, "which makes it hard to bend or move my leg in certain ways made it more difficult for me to free myself from some of the rubble.  By the time I got free, the water was too deep for me to get to her."

OOC
I just grabbed my character sheet and put it on the wiki and I was going to add in a list to populate later for events/laws/etc. that my miner was involved with.  Teledwarf, would it be too much trouble for you to add the screen shots of the dorfs to their pages once they are populated on the wiki?

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 21, 2014, 05:23:26 pm »

I just grabbed my character sheet and put it on the wiki and I was going to add in a list to populate later for events/laws/etc. that my miner was involved with.  Teledwarf, would it be too much trouble for you to add the screen shots of the dorfs to their pages once they are populated on the wiki?
I can do that, unless you really wanted to teledwarf :P  (although i don't think ill get to it immediately)
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 22, 2014, 10:31:06 am »

Hey, regarding laws, what do you think about including a bit for notes, like why the law was proposed or other info related?

ColdBones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 22, 2014, 12:39:23 pm »

Hey, regarding laws, what do you think about including a bit for notes, like why the law was proposed or other info related?
I like the plan, perhaps, if warranted, a paragraph or something of background, why it was proposed and if it was accepted or not?  It might be onerous to catalog all the iterations though, things that were included in earlier versions and then dropped for whatever reason....

But I think a little background on them would be useful.

Elorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody expects the Bearded Inquisition!
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 22, 2014, 03:24:51 pm »

Here ya go:

Name: Elorf Moltenrag
Influence: 0
Mentionable: None (for now...)
Personal Possessions: Hopefully a bed and a pair of clean socks
Worships:
  the dwarf deity Avuz Coalirons (minerals)
  the dwarf deity Datan (jewels, wealth, trade) 
Likes: Nice looking buildings, Valuable minerals, Memorable events
Dislikes: Being a meatshield/perform suicidal attacks, Necromancers and undead, Bad cooking
Values: Beauty, Good workmanship,
Respects: Engravers and stone crafters, Working nobles, Soldiers

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 22, 2014, 05:19:51 pm »

Your own bed? Hah, good luck.  You might be able to hang onto the socks you bought with you until they wear out though.  Also you better get used to being a meatsheild, because unless you make the council that will be your lot in life for a while!
OOC
thanks for making the profile.
Was just thinking, I remember there was some discussion, or maybe just one reply about naming landmarks/ random areas in the map, and obviously we don't have any influence related framework for that, are we just going to have a vote involving everyone, regardless of in game status?  Because I was thinking i might have a look at the map and do a bit of that....
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 05:46:44 pm by neblime »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 22, 2014, 07:17:10 pm »

Well I guess it would be proposed, council or others holding power would vote to approve or deny the request to name it, they are the only government body we have so its kinda their decision whether something is officially recognized as whatever the name is.

Then again that might not be fair to other players, so I'm not really fussed if you want to go either way.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 22, 2014, 07:49:47 pm »

IC

"Kero, I thank you for you understanding in the matter.  I was trapped - my leg is not as it once was, an old mining injury," she lifts her pant leg to show the scar on her leg, "which makes it hard to bend or move my leg in certain ways made it more difficult for me to free myself from some of the rubble.  By the time I got free, the water was too deep for me to get to her."

IC: Good, now this matter is finally settled.

[sighs] ... I have but one more piece of business to attend to, while we are all here [pulls out sheet of paper]:

On reflection of recent events I have concluded that change is needed, in order to prevent future accidents. Thus it is y-... my regrettable duty to call for Dwarf4Explosives removal from the council and for Cain Olinasteb to join as her replacement.

This is ... [coughs] This is done with ... [looks down at note, before hastily continuing] ... done with no ill will towards Dwarf4Explosives, but she has shown herself to be lacking in what is required for the position of Councillor.

It is my understanding that Cain would be a welcome addition to the council, and that he will do well for the settlement, but for that to happen, one of our ... less sound of mind members must be removed.

[Hasty addition] I should hope that she can forgive me for being so crass, but it really must be said.

[wipes sweat from forehead, sits down with a sigh of relief]

[Kerod(9) calls for the deposition of Dwarf4Explosives(7) from the council and placement of Cain(9) in her place]:

For:2
Against:0

OOC: Welp, now its out there in the open. I was going to do this earlier (proposal has vaguely been in the working for weeks), but decided to hold off on it when D4X left in case they decided to come back, but I suppose if I don't get this done now then I'll just keep putting it off, which wouldn't be fair on Cain (though he kept getting cold feet too). Assuming I read the rules right, Cain counts as +1 due to being the replacement, and D4X has less Influence than both Kerod and Cain. Gosh, Kerod's being a tad hypocritical here, eh.

falseEdit: Damn, I was hoping to have this post ready for neblime and the rest of you being online, now I may need to wait until tomorrow. Damn my slow little fingers  ::).
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 22, 2014, 08:12:59 pm »

Yeah, this was planned sometime back in December, things kept coming up, the extra +1 comes from the replaced having a lower influence than the proposed replacement, not sure D4Es influence is right, know they lost 2 for the culture act, think she lost 1 for the thing with the towers and some sort of blocks in the sky that got withdrawn?

Edit:
IC
*stirs uncomfortably in seat, throws a glance Kerod's way*
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 08:21:19 pm by Cain12 »

Mr.Mountain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 22, 2014, 08:56:50 pm »

is it possible to ask for a character?

I'm not all that clear on asking for a character, as I don't know whether or not you have available dwarves, cats, dogs, etc.
so I was wondering if someone could clear up the characterizing [if I'm allowed to call it that] for me?

then again, I'm sure the rules probably cleared that up but my lack of ability to process anything impedes me from understanding.
no one could have anticipated this

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 22, 2014, 09:05:38 pm »

Absolutely we have dwarves, I believe we have cats AND dogs and many other animals (I can load up the save if you want to know more)
you can also be a divine, a servant of a god.

there is some requisite information (for dwarves anyway) however;

Gender, preferred occupation, any relatives you might WANT to have, gods you want to worship if any, likes/dislikes etc and a small background story would be cool.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 22, 2014, 09:10:57 pm »

Kerod Picknotch calls for the deposition of Dwarf4Explosives
For:3
Against:0
It is sad, but dwarf4explosives has shown to have ideas not in line with our provenance as dwarves.  Cain has proven he is willing to give more than is required or asked, and in fact now he has.  Given his injuries, he can serve the mission well as a council member.
OOC
Finally some action.  Btw this is a 24 hour vote by default, council is a big issue
Edit - yes D4E's influence is right we agreed not to lose influence from the other thing because it was more of a discussion/suggestion and didnt really warrant being put to vote.
Edit2- I suppose I should put off the naming proposal until this is over... I was thinking of just treating it like a labour proposal?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 09:25:31 pm by neblime »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 60