Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 88024 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #525 on: January 16, 2014, 01:27:06 pm »

How about ya'll set him up with Domas? We need more people in this family of Cain and Zargoth :D
Wasn't your friend going to play Domas? Not that I mind either way.

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 16, 2014, 01:37:41 pm »

He forgot to register, But meh. He isn't really interested in DF, Cmon.

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 16, 2014, 05:26:21 pm »

Heya, this looks quite fun. Can I be dwarfed too? As for the character sheet, can I copy one of the existing ones and fill it?

Cheers
sure, I'll look into in on weekend :)

Aha, welcome to the thread :D
only teledwarf has the power to dwarf you, but as i understand it there is some required/preferred info:
Name, age, gender, marital status,  job preference, if any
and any kind of background/IC information

Well, since we now post saves - anyone can dorf newcomers, including newcomers themselves :)

Name:Elorf
Marital Status:Single
Jobs:Preferably a mason or smith, or both. :P
Background:
Elorf is a freshly graduated craftsdwarf who was born and raised in a mountain home.
After finding out that there were no jobs to be found back home he decided to seek his fame at Gorgeadmired.

Another adult single male? I think I saw one in the recent migration wave. He claimed that he has no relatives at all. Was it you?

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 17, 2014, 05:48:05 am »

I just looked into the save and found out that domas has a wife, Nvm him then.
EDIT: He also has 2 sons and 1 daughter in this fort, Welp. If you pick Domas and die then you will be able to pick one of those sons or the daughter. His family is big.
Another EDIT: I looked into the family tree of ours.... Apparently Litast is my uncle, He has an older sister Tosid. Tosid's nephew is lemonpie........ Holy shit how big is our family tree?
Another EDIT: Cybertripping is also the nephew of Tosid.....Cybertripping is the uncle of lemonpie. He is also my cousin and domas's. Seriously, We should get to know each other better cybertripping. Since i am a family member of Cybertripping, Domas also. Me and domas should get +2 influence. Cain is my nephew so i think he should also get +2 influence.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 05:56:38 am by Hahayeah »

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 17, 2014, 06:12:23 am »

Another EDIT: Cybertripping is also the nephew of Tosid.....Cybertripping is the uncle of lemonpie. He is also my cousin and domas's. Seriously, We should get to know each other better cybertripping. Since i am a family member of Cybertripping, Domas also. Me and domas should get +2 influence. Cain is my nephew so i think he should also get +2 influence.

No, you should not. family is defined as a direct 1 level relationship:
You-sibling
You-parent
You-child
You-spouse

Relationships that are more then 1 level are fine for RP, but are not qualified for legal proceedings:
you-parent-uncle
you-sibling-nephew
you-spouse-inlaws
you-parent-grandparent
etc...

So better concentrate on the first page of the relationships view.

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 17, 2014, 06:21:19 am »

Well lemonpie is dead and cybertripping is only observing us rp, Not rping himself. Atleast i found out my family tree.

Elorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody expects the Bearded Inquisition!
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 17, 2014, 02:24:20 pm »

Well, since we now post saves - anyone can dorf newcomers, including newcomers themselves :)

I haven't tried the save yet, but I doubt that my computer can handle a 11x11 fortress with dwarves bustling about.
Another adult single male? I think I saw one in the recent migration wave. He claimed that he has no relatives at all. Was it you?

Sure! An orphan raised at the Mason Academy would be a fun backstory.

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 18, 2014, 12:48:54 pm »

I would like it if teledwarf would post a status update on the fortress, Would be great :3

ColdBones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 19, 2014, 01:47:35 am »

I would like it if teledwarf would post a status update on the fortress, Would be great :3
I thought the loose plan was to play on the weekends, so I would imagine he's playing right now...

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 19, 2014, 11:52:04 am »

Yeah, I'm just watching. This is way too fast for me to work with :P

I wonder how I'll die...
Everything's in the news today

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 19, 2014, 01:08:28 pm »

I would like him to post an update too, but to post one he would have to play the game a bit. The lazy bastard...

I have also heard that his country is in a political turmoil, so it can be understandable why he is taking his time. It can be hard to concentrate on game while people are fighting on the streets :).

Also as a forum-RPG we do not really rely on updates that badly. we have A LOT of vacant governmental positions (including a mayor), we have a lot of buildings to plan, a lot of areas to name, a lot of strategies to discuss.

Also a number of players have already announced that we are moving way to quickly, so maybe this unfortunate slowdown will actually bear nice fruits and people will be more relaxed, but more politically active. There are a lot we can initiate, discuss, figure out, plan ahead, etc...
For example I was against uniform burials with pretty lavish conditions (2x2 stone-quality rooms), but as you can see it looks pretty nice that way. And will be even nicer once we put slabs on top of those floors. So whatever happens on the senate floor, or in a civil assembly, it usually ends not that bad after all.

ColdBones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 20, 2014, 02:28:13 pm »

What do we have on the table for outstanding discussions/issues?  I thought they all go resolved, but I'm not entirely sure.

I can't dl the save this minute as I'm at work (and this game takes 20 minutes to load on my superold macbook) - can anyone tell me how many miners we have? 

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 20, 2014, 06:14:41 pm »

What do we have on the table for outstanding discussions/issues?  I thought they all go resolved, but I'm not entirely sure.

I can't dl the save this minute as I'm at work (and this game takes 20 minutes to load on my superold macbook) - can anyone tell me how many miners we have?
Well we were discussing the whole Iden thing, but that sort of seemed to be forgotten, plus Kerod met her as a ghost so I assume he knows what happened. So should we finish that, give our little speech on what happened, if only to finish what we started. Thinking it is a public announcement but a group pm would be fine with me, or we could just not and say we did, if no one else wants to bother.

Edit: Have two miners, Coldbones (Legendary) , and Inod Stabpaints (Adequate, Rusty), might have more now or people with some skill in it that aren't called miners, but that is what the current save is telling me.

Also saw an artifact I somehow missed/forgot, a bronze ring (made from bronze, decorated with cat leather and bands of bronze), Shockedclams the Palisade of Elevating.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 06:26:21 pm by Cain12 »

ColdBones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 20, 2014, 06:38:53 pm »

IC

"I think it would be useful to have a brief meeting in the meeting hall to put the flooding incident behind us once and for all.  Myself and Cain will recount what we witnessed to those who would hear it.  This will finally put to bed the tragedy and we can painfully move on with civilizing this inhospitable land.  If there is no disagreement then let those who would like to know hear the accounts over a drink this evening."

EDIT - Cain walks!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 07:01:14 pm by ColdBones »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 20, 2014, 06:50:08 pm »

IC

"I think it would be useful to bring Cain to the hall for a brief meeting to put the flooding incident behind us once and for all - four sturdy dwarves should be able to carry his bed to the hall to recount what he saw, and I too will present what I witnessed.  This will finally put to bed the tragedy and we can painfully move on with civilizing this inhospitable land.  If there is no disagreement then let those who would like to know hear the accounts over a drink this evening."
OOC
Oh yeah, the save also showed Cain walking again, or crawling, so that won't be needed. Sorry, just checked the now.
Edit:
IC
Would agree, best to clear any doubt and answer any questions the community, Kerod included, may have about what happened that day.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 07:05:24 pm by Cain12 »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 60