Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 87989 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #450 on: January 01, 2014, 04:06:51 am »

Why does nobody post today? Too quiet for my tastes
Ah but that was because I was arranging things, preparing for battle if you will, seeing who I can control and who needs to be removed for my master plan, soon the noble scum will regret taking Cain's wife from him. Just joking of course, was playing dmc, not as bad I initially thought it would be, still want our old better looking Dante back.

Happy New Year Kero. Quite a bit late but then again you were a tad early. That pose is fabulous.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 04:40:15 am by Cain12 »

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 01, 2014, 06:44:36 am »

Anyway, What should we talk about today? Kero's emotional state or cain's paralyzation?

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 01, 2014, 11:40:31 am »

Anyway, What should we talk about today? Kerod's emotional state or Cain's paralyzation?

Oh don't worry, discussions about Kerod's fragile emotional state are going on in the PM system behind your back. The issue of how to react to this tragedy can wait until I have discussed fully with Cain/Coldbones. Perhaps he'll act out the now, or hold a grudge for years on end, waiting to get petty vengeance on those he sees responsible. Maybe I'll even have Kerod get himself killed, after getting his family established. (grief is such a valuable RP tool, though losing Iden was rather inconvenient for my family planning)

I'm sure the council will come up with something important to discuss soon, but right now I have blue-prints to design. A proper Landmark commission, for a change. Nothing big, but a small tribute to the departed (or more specifically, the only one Kerod really cares for). could take a while, I'm going to go into the save to find a gap in the aquifer, if there is one.

I also have plans to formulate, designs to finish, and many a option to consider, oh joy~
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 07:34:22 pm by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

ColdBones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 02, 2014, 03:38:29 am »

IC
I'm lucky to have survived with only a scratch to my leg.  Poor Iden.  Poor Cain. 

Looking to the assembled Council, ColdBones tries to stand tall.  "I thank you for the quick thinking, the dewatering system seems to have worked enough to allow... most of us to escape..." a crack of the voice at the thought of Iden's screams as the water overtook her.  "I've just come from the hospital to give my condolences to Kerod, and I must return to check on Cain."  I wonder how many of these bags of hot air will actually take the time to talk to Cain...

"We will need a way to get through the aquifer if we are to continue our mining efforts here.  Or, we could try mining a new area.  I admit that I know little of aquifers, as I've only mined dry rock in the past.  I do recall my mentor telling me once though, that clay is too dense for the water to flow through and forms a natural blockage to aquifers.  Perhaps we could try probing to the southeast of the longhall, to see if there is a clay seam through the aquifer, to dry stone below.  The utmost care must be taken, carving stairs down through the clay to reveal what is below.  If we can follow the clay, perhaps we can find dry stone.  Then we can begin building with stone, instead of fired dirt.  Avuz created stone for dwarves to craft and mold with their hands."  A look of disgust comes over ColdBone's face, "Clay is for pots and pipes." 

A real miner smokes a stone pipe, but that's a discussion to have over a mug of prickle berry wine...

OOC

Whoa this is a big map!  It took about 15 mins to load on my computer (approximately one half of a period of hockey on TV)  I can't run the game, the FPS drops to 0, but it was good to have a look around in the paused state.  If you are going to keep posting saves (which I like the idea of) would it be possible for you to put notes naming the areas?  Or possibly some hotkeys?  Just a suggestion.

Also, are you progressing at any set interval?  Like, are you playing a season and then posting the results?  Or just when something interesting happens?  I was wondering if seasonal saves might be too much work.  It would be helpful for me to poke around underground to see what's what down there.  Although, it may certainly become far too onerous, just a thought.

Also also - did you get a job cancelation notice about we stone?  If so, who would have given the order or made the decision to mine it anyway?  Looking for the root of the problem, since I was in the mine I should know what ended up happening.  Did I return to the surface and council tell me to mine it anyway, did I mine it on my own?  Did Iden mine it?  Curious for RP reasons.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 02, 2014, 12:15:03 pm »

Well the update says you dug the stone, probably got a cancellation and then was reordered, but for rp purposes it could be either Coldbones digging of his own initiative/doing so because he didn't want to go against orders/assumed the nobles would not have ordered him to dig it if it was dangerous. Or that he canceled the job and was told to do it again and did so against his better judgement. Iden was probably there provided she wasn't on break, doubt that Tele would remember that far back.

Also feel free to visit, Cain could use another visitor.

ColdBones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 02, 2014, 01:46:12 pm »

OOC - one more question - Cain was down there smoothing the walls, I assume?

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 02, 2014, 02:05:39 pm »

OOC
The accident that broke his back? Was carrying a pipe section or something for a pump I think.

Edit: I do think Cain and Coldbones should discuss what happened, make sure our recollection of events coincide, as the only surviving witnesses. ;) 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 02:11:17 pm by Cain12 »

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 02, 2014, 03:05:43 pm »

*Shouts from the back of the Council assembly*
I agree. Let's investigate the clay to see if there's a safe route, taking care to avoid another flooding, of course. Once we have that sorted out and the aquifer has filled up our former mines (and all other places connected to them) to their highest point we should start work on a system that returns the water the aquifer releases to the aquifer itself. Done properly, we should eventually be capable of reclaiming our original mines, possibly gaining a source of free energy in the process.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 02, 2014, 04:12:09 pm »

EDIT: Never mind, just realised you're offline now.

If I posted a PM, when would the the most convenient time for you to read it? Just to make sure I know when to post uber urgent things when people can respond, as opposed to late in the day like I have been doing to people lately (damn late light/early dark here messing up my sense of time and causing me to post far beyond any reasonable time for others to respond  :-[).

*Shouts from the back of the Council assembly*
I agree. Let's investigate the clay to see if there's a safe route, taking care to avoid another flooding, of course. Once we have that sorted out and the aquifer has filled up our former mines (and all other places connected to them) to their highest point we should start work on a system that returns the water the aquifer releases to the aquifer itself. Done properly, we should eventually be capable of reclaiming our original mines, possibly gaining a source of free energy in the process.

IC: ... I suppose I concur. Though I suggest that Coldbones takes the utmost care with these proceeding. If we are to learn anything from this incident, it is that the miners should take more care at work. I would hate to see anyone else die whilst working along side him.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:33:28 pm by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 02, 2014, 04:25:15 pm »

OOC I also think new year's is the reason for slowing down, and I for one don't mind slowing down for a bit.  Maybe some long game updates to distract us from our intrigues eh tele?
as for PMs I'm generally on some time between 9am and 1am gmt + 11
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:32:48 pm by neblime »
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 02, 2014, 04:32:05 pm »

Hey Neblime, while you are online, the giving people influence thing, do we just say we are giving them influence or is it more complicated than that? And can we take it back/people lose it ect?

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 02, 2014, 04:36:30 pm »

Yes just say
dwarf 1 gives # influence to dwarf 2
and ideally voice why you are subservient to them
the only way to get it back is of they give it to you, it is completely their own influence so yes they can lose it too
Edit- if the recipient wants to use the influence given immediately for some action no need to wait for me to update it, that kind of action occurs instantly regardless of whether I'm online
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:41:23 pm by neblime »
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 02, 2014, 04:43:15 pm »

OOC I also think new year's is the reason for slowing down, and I for one don't mind slowing down for a bit.  Maybe some long game updates to distract us from our intrigues eh tele?
Yea, I agree an small update would be nice (if it's not too much trouble, I hardly expect an update if little has happened). However, I believe there are one, maybe two issues to be resolved before advancement. It should not take long, now that this bit on influence has been cleared up.

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 02, 2014, 07:29:34 pm »

I wasn't able to check the forums daily for some time and I come back to this...
So much to read .-.
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

ColdBones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 02, 2014, 07:30:19 pm »

OOC

I'm UTC -8 (Pacific Time Zone).  Sometimes I'm around during work, sometimes not, but I should reply to PM's during regular hours (6 am to 10 pm or so)
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 60