Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 87975 times)

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #390 on: December 26, 2013, 09:06:18 am »

Dwarf4Explosives Proposes the dwarven culture act
For:3
Against:2
Result: The law is enacted, dwarf4explosives gains 2 influence

How is that? The last time I checked it was 3 against. Can we have named lists here?

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 26, 2013, 09:15:14 am »

A bunch of kerod's proposals:
Kerod Picknotch (+10) -> (+12)
The standardised housing act:
For:1
Against:5
Result: The law is not enacted, Kerod loses 2 influence
The Work-place/Living-space Integration Act
For:5
Against: 0
Result: The law is enacted, Kerod gains 2 influence
Exhumation-ban
For:4
Against:1
Result: The law is enacted, Kerod gains 2 influence
Against:1
Spoiler: OOC edit (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 09:16:58 am by neblime »
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 26, 2013, 09:17:06 am »

do not forget that I changed my vote on that one too, so it should still be 3/2 against.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 26, 2013, 09:19:39 am »

do not forget that I changed my vote on that one too, so it should still be 3/2 against.
damn I missed that... sorry..
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 26, 2013, 09:22:51 am »

Oh come on! I write awesome speeches imbued with overwhelming rhetoric and you guys do not even read it? How am I supposed to sway your votes? Blackmail? Scheme? Bribe?

/disappointed. very disappointed.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 26, 2013, 09:59:22 am »

Oh come on! I write awesome speeches imbued with overwhelming rhetoric and you guys do not even read it? How am I supposed to sway your votes? Blackmail? Scheme? Bribe?

/disappointed. very disappointed.

If it makes you feel any better, I did read it and really enjoyed it too (it certainly convinced me that digging was too much bother).  It's so nice to see a properly written speech, I should hope to emulate work like that in the future.

((on a positive note -for me-, I'm glad to see that my influence was not too tarnished by my relentless spew of poorly thought out laws.)
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 26, 2013, 10:14:25 am »

nah, that speech was more about big construction works, and since it swayed no one - it was not good enough.

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 27, 2013, 05:14:28 am »

So, this was a busy council session. We have passed some laws, decided upon future priorities and foiled even more proposals.
From now on we will build really nice tombs for citizens (for now all dwarves are considered at least citizens, though it might change as more dwarves arrive and citizens and serfs become properly separated by the city walls).
We will try our best integrating worker's dwellings with their working places within same building, or at least within a tightly packed district.
We will not disturb the first 5 dead without exhumation ban lift.
And finally we will start a brick factory right away.(Neblime, we need a proper announcement of that one, Cain, we need some drafts of such factory. I am thinking of ~ 6 kilns. 3 for clay scooping, 3 for brick making. or 4/2?)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 27, 2013, 07:14:31 am »

The part-wood building idea seems like an excellent (realistic) plan.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 27, 2013, 08:41:22 am »

Will have to redo one or two of my plans, but sure I guess it makes sense. Was just about to submit a metal smith/forge.

Edit: Btw while we gain nothing function wise by moving to community games and stories, it would be putting it in the place where people are looking for this sort of thing, so would probably increase our players.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 08:57:08 am by Cain12 »

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 27, 2013, 09:09:12 am »

So, I figured, that up until late game, we should build buildings from several different materials:
Stone foundation, brick walls, and wooden top floors. With wooden beams and columns (IC coming from great trees) through all of the building.

Top floors. made entirely out of wooden planks.

And a roof made out of bricks(IC roof tile)

Bigger structures may also need support beams in the walls.

Of course, as we build more and more we will surely gain enough experience, heritage and tradition to use materials more freely. Like having temples out of pure stone, palace, gilded with gold or whatever. Tasks nigh impossible without a guild system and proper outdoor construction lineage(as IC dwarves are obviously proficient with cutting tunnels in the stone, but not so much in construction out of stone).

Any thoughts?

Seems immensely inconvenient. I'm not entirely against this though, I suppose it adds realism. I suppose I will postpone Kerods family home until the workers are ready to produce it to the standard of my liking. Of course, I will have to multiply the size to compensate for the wait, maybe add a little servant home in the corner. Ah, decisions, decisions.  *)

Will have to redo one or two of my plans, but sure I guess it makes sense. Was just about to submit a metal smith/forge.

I hope it does not cause you (and by extension, me) too much trouble. I understand you spent much time working on it, and should it can be easily amended. (save the original plan for me, eh?) I suppose the suffering adds character  ;).

Edit: Btw while we gain nothing function wise by moving to community games and stories, it would be putting it in the place where people are looking for this sort of thing, so would probably increase our players.

Makes sense, we could stand to gain more.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 09:12:36 am by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 27, 2013, 09:16:45 am »

Oh its not a pain, I like the wooden supports, is realistic, the one in the centre means I have to butcher my current plans a little to fit it in some places.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 27, 2013, 09:20:13 am »

Oh its not a pain, I like the wooden supports, is realistic, the one in the centre means I have to butcher my current plans a little to fit it in some places.

Post the original design next to the new one. Then we can compare them, if only to help me decide whether this is a good idea.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 27, 2013, 10:15:51 am »

Will do, will probably just start working on the kiln for now, kinda takes priority. Could probably just use the smelter design if that is still acceptable (will I have to redo that one as well? and I guess the jail as well, well jail can wait.), but a different building will probably be wanted.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 10:18:39 am by Cain12 »

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 27, 2013, 10:17:31 am »

Will do, will probably just start working on the kiln for now, kinda takes priority.

Fair enough, that makes sense.

PS: Do all the dwarfed players have PM Notifications on? Just sent a few and realised I should check. (Particularly, Hahayeah and ColdBones)
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 60