Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 87941 times)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #315 on: December 25, 2013, 09:47:24 am »

Dwarf4explosive, why do you change your vote on such an important issue?  Tell me your concerns that I might assuage them.

I'm all for proceeding with events
for: 2
against: 0
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 25, 2013, 09:49:56 am »

Well people are still discussing the vote, and we need to leave time for blackmail, negotiating and the like (I expect due to vote changes that someone is buying loyalty or rping someone into changing their mind). Would be all for time advancing, once the current issue is finished.

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 25, 2013, 09:51:35 am »

Dwarf4explosives (+10) Proposes a law (The Dwarven Culture act)
Dwarves are noble creatures, and as such, their hard work should be honored. If done properly, this area can also serve as a simple overview of past acts.
The Dwarven Culture Act:
A long hallway shall be dedicated to historical events. (Important/valuable) artifacts shall be put behind glass walls. Sieges shall be marked with two goblin corpses, snatchers with one (again, behind glass). Important dwarven historical figures shall also have a slab here. Large engineering projects shall be marked with either miniaturized versions, or small lava or water circulation systems if these are deemed to unwieldy to miniaturize.This hallway will present these items in chronological order.

What a great idea! The great hallway of glory would certainly inspire the generations to come, and will help to record our glorious history. Just imagine the beautiful halls of history, where each period, each important event will be represented by the relevant artwork, historical items or their replicas! Where the very same enemies who once came against us, with their weapons flaring, are held in eternal suspention with the very same weapons, looking at the offsprings of their victors!
Building such a museum and gradual expansion of it can become our great megaproject, and it will greatly inspire peasantry to hone their skills to perfection. 
For:2
Against:3

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 25, 2013, 09:57:34 am »

Dwarf4explosive, why do you change your vote on such an important issue?  Tell me your concerns that I might assuage them.

I'm all for proceeding with events
for: 2
against: 0
My reasons are of a rather sensitive nature.

So, the revised and final version of my proposed law, rewritten slightly to lay the concerns of other Council Members to rest:

The Dwarven Culture Act:
A long hallway shall be dedicated to historical events. (Important/valuable) artifacts shall be put behind glass walls. Sieges shall be marked with a single whip, snatchers with a sword (again, behind glass). Important dwarven historical figures shall also have a slab here. Large engineering projects shall be marked with either miniaturized versions, or small lava or water circulation systems if these are deemed to unwieldy to miniaturize. This hallway will present these items in chronological order. Unruly dwarves will be sent into this hallway to have the importance of obeying their tasks impressed upon them (i.e. dwarves that throw tantrums will be sent in here to cheer them up).
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 25, 2013, 09:59:34 am »

This revised law I can approve.  I shall change my vote.
For:3
against:2
Now why may you not explain your reasons for disagreeing with my own proposal, sensitive as they are, so that I may amend it in a similar manner?
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 25, 2013, 10:03:07 am »

After careful reconsideration, I have deemed the issue of the Dignified Burial Act to be too important to be influenced by outside issues. Therefore, this act is now once again likely to succeed (for: 3, against: 2).
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 25, 2013, 10:05:55 am »

Teledwarf Towntunnel (+14) Acclaims Cain Tongstell
For:1
Against:0

Dear Friends!
On behalf of all of us here I would like to thank one lowly peasant, who shows great devotion and willpower at these turbulent times.
He was the first to feel the pain of the loss, when his child was forcefully taken and his wife froze to death. Nevertheless he was first to offer his own bed to the wounded peasants after the first ambush.  Even without any reward and recognition he constantly strives to help our settlement by designing buildings and structures. And what beautiful structures those are! He is inspired and thoughtful and diligent. I am of course talking about Cain Tongstell. We surely need to reward him for his devout service, and to encourage such persistance in others. Do you agree with proclamations of his awesome service for all the peasantry to hear?

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 25, 2013, 10:07:29 am »

Acclamation of Cain Tongstell
For: 2
Against: 0

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 25, 2013, 10:11:54 am »

Surely you can offer us some words of approval rather than a silent nod of your head dwarf4explosives?
nevertheless,
Teledwarf (+14) Acclaims  Cain Tongstell (+0)
For: 3

Indeed he has worked diligently, seeking no recognition or reward other than the satisfaction that comes with hard work and frugality.
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 10:13:56 am by neblime »

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 25, 2013, 10:11:55 am »

Cain Acclaim: IC: Certainly

For:4
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 10:15:42 am by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 25, 2013, 10:13:34 am »

Acclamation of Cain Tongstell
For:5
Against:0
Ah yes, We still mourn the loss of his wife and child. Of course, Me and Domas are now his only family. We must look out for each other in the time of need. We can see that the loss of his family had severe impacts on him but he doesn't give up! I shall try to guide him through these hard times along with Domas, But it seems he can hold his own. I approve of this acclamation and hope he will be better soon.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 25, 2013, 10:18:09 am »

I guess one of the things we need is an overview of the current votes:
Cain's acclamation:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
For: 5
The Dwarven Culture Act:
Against: 2
The Dignified Burial Act:
Against:2

I feel happy that all these matters are proceeding in a timely fashion. After all, there is need for efficiency.
A matter that may need to be addressed in the future is the effectiveness of our defenses.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 25, 2013, 10:20:12 am »

Rest assured, as we improve our industry (which is our next focus is it not?) improved equipment for our soldiers will result, excellent idea with the vote summary.
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 10:25:40 am by neblime »

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 25, 2013, 10:24:29 am »

IC:
Teledwarf (+14) Acclaims Cain Tongstell (+0)

Why not.

For: 6

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 25, 2013, 10:34:41 am »

IC
I thank you for your praise, but I am simple doing as I should, as you do when you go to battle, or when a doctor treats a patient, or as my wife did that fateful day. While my wife's death is plagues me still but I will not let it become my own. I hope I can continue to be of service in future.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 10:38:07 am by Cain12 »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 60