Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 87864 times)

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #225 on: December 23, 2013, 05:47:45 pm »

Feel free to dorf me to!

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 23, 2013, 06:03:53 pm »

Feel free to dorf me to!

Sure, but we will need same info as from Zargoth:
Name, age, gender, marital status,  job preferences...
I should post this in OP to limit confusion.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 23, 2013, 06:10:37 pm »

Feel free to dorf me to!

Yay, we could do with another player.

OOC

Sorry folks, life is nuts right now, I'll try to put together a sheet, but I've seen one or two floating around, what's the preferred template?  I'd really rather not take a shot in the dark...

I wouldn't know what to do exactly, neblime posted something and Teledwarf had some general questions that should be answered in it a few pages back. I ended up taking a shot in the dark and ended up with a vague list of priorities and ideas, but I don't really consider it up to snuff, so good luck making something.

Well it's 23:10 here, Goodnight all. (2 sleeps until Christmas~~)
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 23, 2013, 06:26:44 pm »

I vote for putting that miner into the military.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 23, 2013, 07:01:47 pm »

Feel free to dorf me to!

No problem!

Name: Khanaris Rutodral "Dashedsilver"
Marital status: Single
Preferred jobs: Mason/architect, Hunter, Bowyer, Marksdwarf

As for preferred deities. Feel free to pick 1 he worships often and 2 he is a casual observer of from the forts roster. Can he also enjoy mead,silver, iron, Oak wood, Rubies, Crossbows and if possible feel free to choose whatever dislike you want.

He has Great focus. Good kinesethetic sense, Good memory, a good spatial sense and good ability to manage or understand social relationships. But he has a poor intuition and willpower.

As for skills. Some crossbow, mason, hunter and dodge skill if possible if you allow that. Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 07:39:05 pm by Lexx »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 23, 2013, 07:25:17 pm »

Yeah might need to make a new one myself, mine didn't really answer the questions asked and worked on the basis he still had close family, so might redo it to reflect that he has no one. Plus it was really unstructured.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (Redo) (click to show/hide)
Ended up reworking him a bit, tried to base on the previous one and his actual actions thus far. If anything I missed contradicts this just say.
Should provide info for other players should it ever be wanted, least better than the old one.

Edit: Also yay, a new guy, we need more, been feeling like the only non-noble playing until recently. Also removed Conscript and other info that can be found out at the time it is needed. Added Accomplishments, not that he has any. Also edited to fit in stuff others further along thought of that I missed.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 02:07:52 pm by Cain12 »

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 24, 2013, 05:01:16 am »

Feel free to dorf me to!

No problem!

Name: Khanaris Rutodral "Dashedsilver"
Marital status: Single
Preferred jobs: Mason/architect, Hunter, Bowyer, Marksdwarf

As for preferred deities. Feel free to pick 1 he worships often and 2 he is a casual observer of from the forts roster. Can he also enjoy mead,silver, iron, Oak wood, Rubies, Crossbows and if possible feel free to choose whatever dislike you want.

He has Great focus. Good kinesethetic sense, Good memory, a good spatial sense and good ability to manage or understand social relationships. But he has a poor intuition and willpower.

As for skills. Some crossbow, mason, hunter and dodge skill if possible if you allow that. Thanks!
You cannot say what stats he has, what he likes, although you can say for what skill for him to have.I bet teledwarf will begin training those skills right away. You can't say what age he has either... If you want, ask for a pic of your char and you'll see his stats, what he likes etc.
EDIT: Actually when i think about it you can pick what he likes because you control the character, although still no one can pick the stats their character has, just gotta hope the pic will show only good stats and no bad stats.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 05:08:34 am by Hahayeah »

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 24, 2013, 07:03:13 am »

No problem. Didn't know what the hard and fast rules were for character choices. Disregard anything that doesn't apply then.

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 24, 2013, 08:07:35 am »

no problem. I'll pick whatever fits most. You will for sure get an adult male. If any of them will be single - you will get him.
Stats and skills: you will have to either train or pray for them (once we have  gods).
Due to complexities involved and settlement traditions crossbow is kind of noble weapon, so no luck there. You can start hunting any time, but that will mean that you will be basically naked(no armor) in the woods and quite unlikely to actually kill anything due to the size of said woods.
For Dodge skill you will have to join military or lobby the conscription-based army development.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 24, 2013, 08:38:37 am »

Zargoth Snarlclasps (-2)->(-4) suggests investing more in the military
For: 0
Against: 40
Result: Zargoth loses 2 influence
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 24, 2013, 08:42:24 am »

Teledwarf (+10)->(+12)suggests a plan for military improvement
For:30
Against:0
Result: The plan will be put into action. Teledwarf gains 2 influence
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 24, 2013, 08:47:54 am »

no problem. I'll pick whatever fits most. You will for sure get an adult male. If any of them will be single - you will get him.
Stats and skills: you will have to either train or pray for them (once we have  gods).
Due to complexities involved and settlement traditions crossbow is kind of noble weapon, so no luck there. You can start hunting any time, but that will mean that you will be basically naked(no armor) in the woods and quite unlikely to actually kill anything due to the size of said woods.
For Dodge skill you will have to join military or lobby the conscription-based army development.

No problem then. Mason/architect would be great then.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 24, 2013, 08:49:28 am »

Neblime Inkydance (+10) -> (+10) Claims The scintillating cobra, a birchen bed
For: 1
Against: 0
Result: Neblime Inkydance gains possesion of the Scintillating Cobra.
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 08:51:17 am by neblime »

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 24, 2013, 09:05:30 am »

Neblime, All soldiers of this squad needs to get +2 influence for being in full-time military. Not sure if squad captain rule(+3) applies to me here, since I was not deposing anyone.
Also, shouldn't you and FireCrazy boost each other with +2 for being a family with senator?

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 24, 2013, 09:10:33 am »

IC
Oi, Cap'n. Pleasure to be in your squad. So, when will the training sessions begin? I'm looking forward to proving myself worthy at the training sessions.I understand that we will be low on weapons and armor due to mining problems but that doesn't mean we should stop training.

OOC
I've got nothing to add at OOC.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 60