Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 87808 times)

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #180 on: December 22, 2013, 09:42:06 am »

OOC:
Lovers are... replaceable. So heir-wise it is better for you if FireCrazy died now and you could pick someone up once you have a proper mansion.

IC: swayed by great popularity of FireCrazy I decided to send 4 migrant squads east, and only one squad west.
In the hindsight it was a right decision: sprinting is hard and combat is quick - those guys at the south-west training camp killed their goblin quite well:
One unarmed worker got his liver almost removed by the silver two-handed sword, he will likely die long before the end of combat because of severe blood loss and breathing problems.
The two dwarves wihth weapon did pretty well though. some worker with trophy bronze battleaxe roughed poor Ngokang up a bit, but was ultimately ineffective at splitting his head in two:
But there was also a highly valuable Sakzul Astelkel, hammerer, expert clothier, and most importantly my lover, who already killed a kobold thief at 127:

There is more problems in the east though:
two goblins out of three formed a powerful fist and are about to charge FireCrazy. The third goblin spoted Urist McDwarf and decided to go for it, while relief troops are still strugling to get out of warm longhall:
Spoiler: "Eastern Front" (click to show/hide)
I feel that we need to send western squad and one of easten squads to salvage whatever will be left of Urist once they get there.

Edit: And in three swift cuts Urist Mc Dwarf is beheaded:

Edit: Bloody battle in the east is raging, while southward goblin was caught by Sakzul Astelkel. his fate is sealed:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ngoso Smosmmato evaluated Sakzul. She looked angry, and the blood on her warhammer looked fresh, he way she held it was intimidatin. He heard screams in the yard where his fellows were struggling against dwarven horde. His captain was far-far away chasing some random piglet. The fool.
Ngoso decided that it is enough glory for him and he is out of here. He tried to run, but cyberTripping placed a boltin his chest. It is kind of hard to run while your lung is punctured. He tried to run nonetheless. He ran for quite a long time, fighting off dwarves who attempted to slow him down. He slashed and stabbed and ran some more. He was going to the southern border, to the woods where he could hide from the chasing dwarves, and from that scary Sakzul. He could not run fast enough though. She caught him. She did not want him to die quickly. She did not want him to die easily. Once he made it to the last year's battlefield she managed to get a grip of him. She broke almost every bone in his body. Her friends came along too.

And for those of you who wants to know about the incredible exploits of Goblin Swordsman Ngoso Smosmmato:
He was basically tortured in the field. his teeth were plucked out. his limbs were crushed and then chopped off, one by one.
With so many teeth his smile must have been awesome, while he still had it...

« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 09:55:37 am by TeleDwarf »

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 22, 2013, 11:05:01 am »

NOOOOOO not urist!  Show the goblins no mercy!

Seconded.

And for those of you who wants to know about the incredible exploits of Goblin Swordsman Ngoso Smosmmato:
He was basically tortured in the field. his teeth were plucked out. his limbs were crushed and then chopped off, one by one.
With so many teeth his smile must have been awesome, while he still had it...

IC: Serves him right!

OOC: Is this the conflict over for now? I should hope so.
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 22, 2013, 11:56:25 am »

Greetings, I've been reading this for a while and i must say this sounds awesome  :D .
Could i get a male dwarf and could he become a military dwarf, I'll decide what weapon i should train on later.
Cheers  :D

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 22, 2013, 01:12:48 pm »

The goblins need to be destroyed.
Poor Urist...
Everything's in the news today

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 22, 2013, 01:23:03 pm »

IC:

There also was some little drama on the eastern front:
Two goblins were advancing through dwarves like hot knife through butter. The were slashing and bashing and stabbing. Dang Sludngebzo even gutted Tosid Fathtogum, a father of two, in front of his wife, Shorast Fathtogum. "You son of a purring maggot!",- cried FireCrazy and shot Dang in the leg. Dang lost his balance for a second and crushed. At the same time Shorast, grieving widow and single mom, enfuriated over the loss of her husband to such ignoble death, she frenzied at Dang like a rabid wolverine. With no weapon, no armor, no skills she was kicking and biting and hitting with all her anger and suddenly noticed that goblin is dead, with his brain sipping through a copper helm. Other dwarves, encouraged by this sudden outcry, quickly overpowered other goblin and killed him.
Seeing that his squad is obliterated, goblin leader decided to fight another day and vanished in the surrounding woods.
Overall this battle cost us 2 dwarves dead, including Urist, and several more wounded. Some are quite badly so.
Derpislava slept through whole ordeal in her room.

OOC:

Greetings, I've been reading this for a while and i must say this sounds awesome  :D .
Could i get a male dwarf and could he become a military dwarf, I'll decide what weapon i should train on later.
Cheers  :D
Sure, we will need following info from you:
name
sex
age(baby, child, adult)
job preference
marital status preference(single, married, widowed or otherwise separated).
And I will find an avatar for you.

Urist, you can also drop me that kind of info for your reincarnation. I would suggest you pick a similar, yet different name, so that we could easily spot you, but could track your different incarnations on engravings and artifacts.

IC:
After goblins are dealt with and still healthy peasants started to clear the mess and attend wounded, sentors of the council gathered in the longhall to discuss or situation. The meeting agenda is: what we did right? what we did wrong? what should we do next? Who should be praised and who should be scolded? That kind of things...

OOC: and while they discuss I will update OP :)

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 22, 2013, 01:26:22 pm »

OOC- Urist should totally name his second coming as Urist McJesus
Everything's in the news today

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 22, 2013, 01:33:30 pm »

name: Zargoth
sex: Male
age(baby, child, adult): Adult
job preference: Soldier: Axedwarf if you can, Any material for armor and weapon fits(Except Leather)
marital status preference(single, married, widowed or otherwise separated): Single (If i do have a family when they die i'll have lots of tantrums and go insane)
If you can, Could you give me a list of current council positions and people who are on them? I'll know who to ask for things and what they do. Thanks  :D

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 22, 2013, 02:11:23 pm »

name: Zargoth
sex: Male
age(baby, child, adult): Adult
job preference: Soldier: Axedwarf if you can, Any material for armor and weapon fits(Except Leather)
marital status preference(single, married, widowed or otherwise separated): Single (If i do have a family when they die i'll have lots of tantrums and go insane)
Understood. Will pick someone with as many hits as I can once I fire up DF again.
"Any material for armor and weapon fits(Except Leather)" that is if you will get an armor at all :). Right now we have 10 sets of iron armor and our mine is flooding.
"If i do have a family when they die i'll have lots of tantrums and go insane" single means you can get a spouse, and if you are lucky - she will be a high-ranked senator. Nobility through marriage... Married means you could get children right away, giving you a lot of options for grooming your heir without the complexities of post-mortem adoption. Widowed means no spouse - no problems. unless your spouse arrives with the next migrants wave...

If you can, Could you give me a list of current council positions and people who are on them? I'll know who to ask for things and what they do. Thanks  :D
We are a bit of short on that part. we have
1. me, Royal liaison, overseer and otherwise great guy. Active.
2. Neblime Inkydance, council secretary. This question should have been asked to him. Active.
3. Kerod Picknotch, Landmark Comissioner. Not that active, have not seen any landmark proposals yet. However our settlement is young, so maybe we do not need any landmarks yet...
We had a fortification commissioner, but then he lost his head, so that post is again vacant.
Also Cain Tongstell can become a High Architect, as far as I can tell his prison design was received quite favorably, and I personally like its immersiveness. A few more proposals like that and he could secure that position.

Overall it is a great time to get positions, as even a little service earns great rewards and competition is minimal.

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 22, 2013, 02:24:04 pm »

I asked single cause looking at the replies, A lot of goblins are sneaking around and can kill people easily if military is not around. Also i thought the war leader was a council position, If not then is it vacant? Anyway, I'll start rping ICly as soon as something interesting happens. May make an intro for my character, I got some ideas for it.
EDIT: Could i get a picture of my char, I will need some info on him for my intro. Cheers  :D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 02:25:43 pm by Hahayeah »

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 22, 2013, 02:34:02 pm »

War Leader is a council position. And it is vacant. And we have unemployed Senators. I know, it is weird. But apparently no one wants that kind of power (or that kind of responsibility).

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 22, 2013, 02:37:40 pm »

I plan to go for that position only once i get some war experience, I don't know how much experience though, Maybe survive 2 or 3 ambushes and get some influence before applying.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 22, 2013, 04:51:19 pm »

3. Kerod Picknotch, Landmark Comissioner. Not that active, have not seen any landmark proposals yet. However our settlement is young, so maybe we do not need any landmarks yet...

Also Cain Tongstell can become a High Architect, as far as I can tell his prison design was received quite favorably, and I personally like its immersiveness. A few more proposals like that and he could secure that position.

OOC: Lol, I suppose I wouldn't know when to commission, we seem so busy and I wouldn't want to add unnecessary work to your load. I have a few ideas in my mind though, and we should probably build something to commemorate this battle (nothing too big, we will likely have many more battles to come, just a little something to remind us of the dead). I'm not quite sure what though, so I'm open to suggestions.

I suppose I'm happy with the Landmark Commissioner title because of how relatively unimportant it is (compared to, say, War Leader). Seems like the sort of lazy noble job where I just have to wave my hand and say "All-right guys, we haven't built a Gigantic Lead Spire demonstrating the glory of Kerod the First in while, get to it!"  :P.

In all honesty, I am rather poor at designing things (though I just spent a whole day trying to design a medium sized house for kerod, turns out I suck at scaling things), so conversing with the suggested High Architect would be of assistance, if only to get a second head on this.

IC: It with great regret that I look back at these recent events, that carelessness on the part of one dwarf could cost us so. The death of Urist has left me with the horrifying shock of understanding of the mortality of our people. As such, I would request that my dear Iden be removed from any military duty she is involved with, and kept somewhere safe from harm during future attacks. It is perhaps rather selfish of me to request this without consulting her, but I cannot afford for her to be harmed.

I feel fairly certain that I can speak for all of us when I say that our condolences are to be given to the family of the departed. I would assume the Scintillating Cobra would stay within the family, and then become property of the council to reallocate at the end of their hopefully long and fulfilling lives.

On reflection, perhaps now is the time to commission some sort of monument? I would serve to raise moral, I assure. Nothing makes me feel better than seeing a vertical stone marker in the horizon, and I'm sure the  commoners would be similarly inspired.

((OOC: How is Iden getting along? Is she injured? I forgot whether she was still sheriff or whether we changed it when she fell in love with Kerod. Are they still lovers, or have they married? Permission to shack them up to speed up the process ( :P)? BTW, Could you post/PM me Kerods Relationship screens, so I can check his relations with the other dwarves?))
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 05:05:41 pm by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 22, 2013, 05:19:44 pm »

So Derpislava slept through another one?

Landmark wise we could make an indoor garden, leave some greenery, trees, a glass ceiling or none at all, a few statues, stuff like that, could be a memorial garden to the fallen, not that we have lost many yet.

Well in regards to being an architect, high or no, would be wiling to fill such a position, but would warn I am no good with Minecarts, or complex traps or transportation, so my use would be limited to buildings like houses, graves, indoor gardens, memorials to the fallen and other stuff any idiot could design. So you need something designed say so and I will see what I can produce.

Could make an execution pit, one that can either kill or simply injury through use of drawbridges. Could even be at the end of that corridor of cells in the Jail's B1, like a drawbridge on each of any further floors, so you could decide how much of a drop the criminal should suffer for their crime. Could even bury the gravest of criminals inside the walls surrounding the drop, proper coffin to prevent ghosts if you like.

(Edit:Would be limited by aquifers, oh thats an idea, would suggest a second bottom floor or separate trap that is to be flooded and bodies abandoned to the bottom, glass windows so the death can be confirmed if that is needed for slabs, but given the nature of Cain's wife's death he would probably be against it.)
Edit: But an underground execution chamber is hardy going to strike fear into people, an above ground tower with a balcony and drawbridge would be so much more public and fun, if you are into public executions that is. But that may be a tad extravagant for something we would hardly use.

Sorry got a bit to into that idea and figured I should at least share, we aren't really at the stage of looking to put people to death or punish them yet now are we?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 08:44:16 pm by Cain12 »

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 22, 2013, 11:14:07 pm »

OOC
teledwarf, small change to influence rules, I added building/labour proposals.  please amend the OP (if you agree)
btw firecrazy, we're lovers.  dont die, I need heirs D:

Oh, I had no idea... wait... a second. That means you just died... yeah screw this, I'll probably do a suicide move or something and get another dwarf, better for my roleplay.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 22, 2013, 11:27:09 pm »

OOC
IC
Neblime Inkydance (+10) claims "The Scintillating cobra" A birchen bed
also agrees that Kerod's wife can leave the military, given she agrees
Spoiler: ooc (click to show/hide)
(assuming this is a matter for the council to vote on)
For:1
Against:0
(reminder; only council members can vote on item claims!)
Friends, I am sure we all mourn the loss of our dear fortifications comissioner, fighting to protect us all.  As my dear subject Kerod has said, it has impressed our own mortality on all of us.  As you may know, I was quite close with Urist before he died (who could forget how I exclaimed his worthiness for all to hear?), and the question of what to do with the bed he almost died early for remains.  I believe he would have wanted me to determine its best use.   I am not unskilled in matters of resource allocation friends, fear not, in my hands the scintillating cobra will be used well!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 01:52:12 am by neblime »
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 60