Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 85010 times)

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area (As proposed by accoro). Attempt II.
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2013, 05:13:39 am »

We could move this thread to the DF Community games and stories section, since this is pretty much a community game.
Does it provide any of the additional functionality we might be using?

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2013, 05:41:29 am »

We could move this thread to the DF Community games and stories section, since this is pretty much a community game.
I suppose it more belongs there, but we're here now, and I don't think it's too out of place.
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2013, 06:26:10 am »

I don't know, its just a suggestion.

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2013, 07:48:15 am »

I vote we make arms and armour. Wealth is no good if we can't protect ourselves from the result of gaining it.

Also, I think this works where it is, but moving it would.work too, either way.
Everything's in the news today

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2013, 08:02:11 am »

Hi can I be a cat?

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2013, 08:12:35 am »

Nah, screw it, lets not move the thread... .. a cat? lol why not.

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2013, 08:20:50 am »

Hi can I be a cat?
Sure, but I assume we need to wait when some cat adopts a dwarf or kills something important (and therefore gets a name).
Or can I give nicknames to cats?

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2013, 01:09:27 pm »

Looks like not all of our council members are quite active. Let's have some schedule here: on workdays I'll try to post all issues requiring votes before GMT midnight and will consider votes to be cast before 7PM GMT.
Of course council members and other actors can post their votes whenever they want, but I intend to fire up DF around 7 PM GMT, so plan accordingly.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2013, 01:57:13 pm »

I'm active by this time on most days, usually much earlier, just forgot to check up here, I suppose I'll pick [f]

Also, it's probably not the case, but have you changed the pop cap in any way? It's most likely that we just got a unlucky embark, but I figure I should ask.
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2013, 02:10:04 pm »

Also, it's probably not the case, but have you changed the pop cap in any way? It's most likely that we just got a unlucky embark, but I figure I should ask.

[POPULATION_CAP:200]
[BABY_CHILD_CAP:100:20]

Edit: Fun fact - I am now novice DFusioner! now I can name anything and even alter personalities according to your requests. check it out:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 02:46:19 pm by TeleDwarf »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2013, 03:19:22 pm »

PTW, Could you dorf me as a Ranger?(preferably animal trainer, but I don't really care)

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2013, 03:41:56 pm »

Yay, Kerod is Chief Medical dwarf. Send in the victims your wounded.  :P
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2013, 04:25:10 pm »

While renaming actors I noticed that Neblime and FireCrazy are romantically involved. Are you guys ok with it or should I reassign some dwarves?
I think I will take care not to assign unmarried females to anyone in future (unless specifically asked) to avoid these awkward situations.

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2013, 06:15:23 pm »

Derpislava has given birth to a boy, Udil Tulonrurast!
I'm not really sure how to react to this, but knowing the luck of all my forumites, Udil is the first dwarf to die in this fortress.
I also vote for crafts.

BTW, will we ever see normal dwarves gaining noble titles after doing something really, really cool? Like single-handely defeating an ambush (saving life of some noble that decided it's a good time to go for a walk) or crafting an artifact steel long sword?
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2013, 06:27:29 pm »

BTW, will we ever see normal dwarves gaining noble titles after doing something really, really cool? Like single-handely defeating an ambush (saving life of some noble that decided it's a good time to go for a walk) or crafting an artifact steel long sword?
Sure. this fort derailed into a forum RPG, so anything can happen here according to the wishes of players and benevolence of the DF engine.

Also, speaking of benevolence:
on the spring of third year a first wave of true migrants have arrived! 21 fresh dwarf(all adults o_O) is ready to serve the council.
Apparently the set of religious bone figurines lovingly carved by Derpislava impressed the outpost liaison and he spread the word  that our settlement worth visiting.

Edit: Teledwarf met the pilgrims with all hospitality he could muster. After the formalities and exchange of gifts (we presented them some warm beds, they presented us some livestock) Teledwarf took out a big book and started to write down everything newcomers had to tell about their families. Almost all of the pilgrims had their story confirmed by someone in the fort. Except for one gal, who claims to have a family, but just no one in this particular part of the world:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nothing in her appearance, story or skills give any reason to doubt her. It is just that noone can confirm that she is the one she claims to be. What should we do about her?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 07:35:08 pm by TeleDwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 60